"Why didn't you get an iPhone?"

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
How do you expect better apps on a 7.5 device when most developer, when they do develop want to incorporate all new features.

The difference between your ipod/phone and wp7/8 is that your iPod and iPhone have the same exact is...wp7 and 8 couldn't be farther apart. They look the same but everything underneath is different.

Developers have to have two instances of the same app for wp7/8.

Incorrect. A single app that will run on both 7.5 and 8 can be written. In fact the vast majority of the apps in the marketplace right now were written for 7.5 and run just fine on 8 as is, or with a minor update. Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefered the clean interface and presentation of Windows Phone compared to the others. Not to mention I usually stick with Nokia hardware

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Today a coworker wanted to show me a picture of her child she had posted to her Facebook page months ago and was having difficulty finding it on her iPhone. I pulled out my 920, hit her name in the people hub, she saw all her photo albums and we found the picture. She was very impressed.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Today a coworker wanted to show me a picture of her child she had posted to her Facebook page months ago and was having difficulty finding it on her iPhone. I pulled out my 920, hit her name in the people hub, she saw all her photo albums and we found the picture. She was very impressed.
I love that too. Finding their pics before they can. Lol

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect. A single app that will run on both 7.5 and 8 can be written. In fact the vast majority of the apps in the marketplace right now were written for 7.5 and run just fine on 8 as is, or with a minor update. Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks.

Like I said there will be two versions of the same app, when one is using the features "only" wp8 provides.

"Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks"

You said yourself, "the vast MAJORITY". last time I checked, majority doesn't equate to ALL.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Like I said there will be two versions of the same app, when one is using the features "only" wp8 provides.

"Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks"

You said yourself, "the vast MAJORITY". last time I checked, majority doesn't equate to ALL.

No, we're talking about ONE version of an app. If you write ONE app that runs on both 7.5 and 8, that is ONE app.

Devs can make WP8 only apps which have additional features, and they have already begun to do this, but the point is they do NOT need to make two versions of any app to have it run on both platforms.

Yes, I said the vast majority, I did not say all, that is correct. One of the very few examples would be Spotify, which was written for WP7 using native code, which is unusual and required special permission from Microsoft. That app would not run on WP7, so it has been re-written for WP8.

The point very simply is that developers DO NOT have to make two versions of an app, that is a choice they can make. Spotify chose to write their WP7 app in native code with permission from Microsoft.

The vast majority of the WP7 apps run fine on 8. Most of the rest run fine with minor updates.

I can't tell if you're being willfully obstinate or if English is not your first language. Forgive me if it is the latter, I've tried to be more clear here either way.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No, we're talking about ONE version of an app. If you write ONE app that runs on both 7.5 and 8, that is ONE app.

Devs can make WP8 only apps which have additional features, and they have already begun to do this, but the point is they do NOT need to make two versions of any app to have it run on both platforms.

Yes, I said the vast majority, I did not say all, that is correct. One of the very few examples would be Spotify, which was written for WP7 using native code, which is unusual and required special permission from Microsoft. That app would not run on WP7, so it has been re-written for WP8.

The point very simply is that developers DO NOT have to make two versions of an app, that is a choice they can make. Spotify chose to write their WP7 app in native code with permission from Microsoft.

The vast majority of the WP7 apps run fine on 8. Most of the rest run fine with minor updates.

I can't tell if you're being willfully obstinate or if English is not your first language. Forgive me if it is the latter, I've tried to be more clear here either way.

You're funny, using that "English is not your first language" bit.
Do everyone with half a brain uses that line.

English is my first, but I've learned two others.
Sorry if trying to make me feel bad didn't work. You can't expect much from you now can we.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
- iPhone is too small.
- I dislike the interface its boring
- There is better hardware out there

- App situation is the best... but I have everything I need on my Windows Phone plus Xbox Music on-the-go is great

Bobert_123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You're funny, using that "English is not your first language" bit.
Do everyone with half a brain uses that line.

English is my first, but I've learned two others.
Sorry if trying to make me feel bad didn't work. You can't expect much from you now can we.

Please stop, I really cant tell if your joking or not...

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I already had 2 iphones and had enough time to play with them.

Always had to jailbreak them and then restore them back to factory cause it became unusable after a few months

I jailbroke it so I could be different from all the other iPhones

The tiny screen and it's tiny keyboard made my mistype a lot even with my smaller fingers, they felt fat :<!!!

I wanted something colourful that didn't blend into the sea of black white and grey phones out there no matter how beautiful they are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99