I just bought a Samsung Chromebook XE303 and I can't help but think...

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
...that the Windows 8 interface (i.e. Metro/live tiles) on a touchscreen, Chromebook-like device (basically a browser with web apps that is heavily cloud-focused), if it was priced right ($200-$250 or less) would be an awesome combination. Windows 8 IMO has a vastly superior user interface (and that superiority will become increasingly evident to more and more people in the coming months IMO) while the Chromebook concept, which is basically to strip down a laptop to its essence in terms of what most people do with a laptop, makes a lot of sense to me.

(NOTE: The Samsung Chromebook XE303 is a Series 3 Chromebook, aka the Chromebook selling for $249 at Amazon, Best Buy, and some other retailers.)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
In a way that is sort of like Outlook.com I am sure MS will bring more services to the web like that so that you can use their services on any device and bypass the whole having to pay a cut to the app store owner thing. That's probably also the reason they want developers to use HTML5 and Java for Metro apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786