What new albums are you listening to now?

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find new rock albums I should be listening to, but I keep going back to new rap. I like the whole Equal Vision and Rise Records realm, Epitaph. But lately I've been on Game's "Jesus Piece," and Meek Mill's "Dreams and Nightmares." And I'm the last person to just get on the new Kendrick Lamar. Waiting for that new Fabolous, and then Big Sean to come out. JT. But yup, what are guys listening to these days? I'd like any input from you guys. I do notice that the kids these days seem to like dubstep a bit more.. But, I just can't relate Too much, and I used to love The Chemical Brothers. ~ Thanks!

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just started listening to dubstep, I'm mostly a rap person but idk, I've just been enjoying it quite a bit. Other than that, I just discovered that Section.80 is ridiculously awesome, I got Hello Fear by Kirk Franklin and T.I.'s new Trouble Man album, still have to get into those. Also got Meek Mill's new album but haven't really enjoyed it much, I personally think Dreamchasers was phenomenal and it kinda went down from there, not that its bad but not as good as his earlier stuff :/

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Lykke Li
Playing a shuffle of her latest album "Wounded Rhymes" and her debut "Youth Novels".
(Its not rock, far from it. I would say alternative/easy)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Trying to find some good new rock. I'm still stuck in the 90s. lol

The '90s was the best decade for music, in my opinion.

I've been listening to a new band lately - The Black Box Revelation. I bought all three of their CDs (Yes, I buy CDs and I love them). It's some really great stuff.

Queens of the Stone Age is one of the best bands to ever grace the earth. They've got five albums and are working on their fifth. I'm also a big fan of Local H, however they're starting to go down hill, but they've got four good albums. There's really too many good bands to list, but I can always list more...

Last edited:

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm very much a hipster when It comes to music so I can be listening to one genre then switch to another completely different genre i tend to listen or try to listen to the freshest and newest music possible but i go back to some older favs and guilty pleasures lol at the minute im listening to.....

A$AP Rocky - LongLiveA$AP (Great album very fresh with some cool beats was hyped big style the album i mean and he delivered!)

Guilty pleasure Kreayshawn - Somethin' Bout Kreay (So bad its good lol)

Kasabian and anything by them i love, great rock/indie band from the U.K kickass band live!!

Last but not least still listening to Frank Ocean - Channel Orange (The album is super cool well written and produced to a high standard a must for RnB/HipHop heads)

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
New rock.... Tricky. Currently I am enjoying my Faith No More, especially Epic, Falling to Pieces and Midlife Crisis. Of the more modern stuff, My Chemical Romance is my favourite. To be honest my music taste is all over the show. Couple of suggestions, the are not particularly uncommon so you are unlikely to discover any new talent.

My Chemical Romance - Planetary go, dead, na Na Na
Faith No More - the theme from Midnight Cowboy
Pearl Jam - Black (I think that is what it is called)
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (LP or accoustic both immense)
Green Day - Longview
Marina and the Diamonds - I am not a robot
John Murphy - In the house
The Vaccines - Post Breakup sex
Glasvegas - Daddy's gone
Sunshine Underground - Commercial breakdown
Richard Cheese - Creep cover (just for a bit of daft)
Public Enemy - Harder than .... (can't remember if the 3rd word is most)
Jay Z - 99 problems (either regular or Collision Course with Linkin Park)
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
ELO - (try a few, not rock but the guy was real talented)
Barry Ryan - Elouise (The Damned also covered this)
Radiohead - Creep or Ok Computer
Longpigs - She Said
The Supremes - Automatically Sunshine

I can also recommend you give Nokia music a shot. I had a few suggested, by Nisse above as it happens in another thread, and I came across some nice random tunes that I would never have come across before.

Sorry for the order they are written, Marina and the Diamonds is very different to Green Day, so if ever you do have a listen to any you may want to swap the order around. Sorry too for straying off topic. There is some rock in there though, just interspersed with a little easy listening and rap.

Last edited:

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Big metal fan here. Most people will consider this noise, but here are some recommendations:

The Human Abstract - Digital Veil
Periphery - Facepalm Mute
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - Rudy X 3
Glass Cloud - Falling In Style

I'm not such a fan of the original, but this made me appreciate it more: The Word Alive - Mercy

If you like any of these, listen to ANYTHING by Between the Buried and Me.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Um, well these are almost old albums, of rock I still listen to are:

• Sharks
  • letlive.
  • Of Mice and Men
  • Emarosa
  • Spark Is A Diamond
  • The Menzingers
  • Circa Survive
  • The Sounds of Animals Fighting
  • Parkway Drive
  • Heavy Heavy Low Low
  • Every Time I Die
  • Mastodon
  • I Set My Friends on Fire
  • The Dillinger Escape Plan

Its a little predictable, but I've been trying to get on old David Bowie as of late. And I'm not very embarrassed for liking that new Justin Timberlake. @_@

Last edited:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Coheed and Cambria's new album drops Tuesday the 5th. The Afterman: Descencion

The Used have been able to stay new but with the old familiarity. Very good song writing and musical arrangements with them on Vulnerable (II)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Some bands that have new albums coming out this year that I look forward to:

Wolfmother - March
The Strokes - Unknown
Rancid - Some time in 2013
Alice in Chains - Early 2013
Streetlight Manifesto - I preordered this one, was supposed to come out in November, but got delayed until January, then got delayed again.
Queens of the Stone Age - Before June
Middle Class Rut - Unknown
Broken Bells - Unknown

Some albums that are somewhat recent that are good:
Collider - Sam Roberts Band
Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
No Name No Color - Middle Class Rut
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Some bands that have new albums coming out this year that I look forward to:

Wolfmother - March
The Strokes - Unknown
Rancid - Some time in 2013
Alice in Chains - Early 2013
Streetlight Manifesto - I preordered this one, was supposed to come out in November, but got delayed until January, then got delayed again.
Queens of the Stone Age - Before June
Middle Class Rut - Unknown
Broken Bells - Unknown

Some albums that are somewhat recent that are good:
Collider - Sam Roberts Band
Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
No Name No Color - Middle Class Rut
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

The Strokes is coming out in March?! I looked on the Wiki, didn't even know they were making another so soon after Angles..
Rancid should be neat. Alice in Chains as well. QOTSA is coming out before June?! I didn't see that on the Wiki.. But cool! They have Dave Ghrol back, full time now! :excited: And Broken Bells shold be pretty good. ~ I liked this one, thanks!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The Strokes is coming out in March?! I looked on the Wiki, didn't even know they were making another so soon after Angles..
Rancid should be neat. Alice in Chains as well. QOTSA is coming out before June?! I didn't see that on the Wiki.. But cool! They have Dave Ghrol back, full time now! :excited: And Broken Bells shold be pretty good. ~ I liked this one, thanks!

I put unknown next to The Strokes. March is for Wolfmother. :p

On QOTSA's Wiki in the last few paragraphs of the new album section:

"Homme also confirmed that the album would be released prior to their performance at the Download Festival in June 2013."

That's probably the one I'm looking forward to most.

Glad you liked the list!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720