World Baseball Classic

Talldog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I enjoyed it. Nice to see how it's done on Deportes.
Yeah, it didn't suck. I mean, baseball IS baseball, but I enjoy listening to the game commentary, and while Spanish is very pleasant on the ears, it's not the same when you can't understand what they're saying.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
United States 7
Puerto Rico 1

r7u3pw.gif

Next game Thursday United States vs Dominican Republic.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
DR might be their biggest challenge in the tourney. Let's hope Dickey is on his game, he looked flat vs. Mexico.

No doubt the Dominican Republic will be a tough game. Joe Torre is starting to tick me off. He doesn't have the enthusiasm he should have. It's like he's treating the series, like he's getting the guys ready for Spring Training.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
No doubt the Dominican Republic will be a tough game. Joe Torre is starting to tick me off. He doesn't have the enthusiasm he should have. It's like he's treating the series, like he's getting the guys ready for Spring Training.

That's the problem when you are playing around with other people's million dollar investments.

I'd love to see Verlander get to go support his country on the diamond, but I won't lie that I am glad he didn't go. I don't mind the hitters like Miggy going though.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's the problem when you are playing around with other people's million dollar investments.

I'd love to see Verlander get to go support his country on the diamond, but I won't lie that I am glad he didn't go. I don't mind the hitters like Miggy going though.

I am sure you're right, but there's just something wrong about putting money before country. Maybe they should use College All Stars, or someone that will put their heart into it.

We wouldn't want a professional player to break a nail.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you're right, but there's just something wrong about putting money before country. Maybe they should use College All Stars, or someone that will put their heart into it.

We wouldn't want a professional player to break a nail.

Are you a fan of the South Siders or those losers to the North? Either way...wouldn't you rather see them win the WS than team USA win the WBC?

Sure, eventually it COULD reach the stage of World Cup importance...but it isn't there yet, and so you get stuck with the Managers being lame and the players going along with that lameness. College guys wouldn't solve the issue because part of it growing bigger is that you know the player's names...

Can't hold all the teams down for a lack of effort, the Mexico / Canada game was already mentioned, haha.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Are you a fan of the South Siders or those losers to the North? Either way...wouldn't you rather see them win the WS than team USA win the WBC?

Sure, eventually it COULD reach the stage of World Cup importance...but it isn't there yet, and so you get stuck with the Managers being lame and the players going along with that lameness. College guys wouldn't solve the issue because part of it growing bigger is that you know the player's names...

Can't hold all the teams down for a lack of effort, the Mexico / Canada game was already mentioned, haha.

LOL!, No I am a Sox fan. :grin: I like your posts, but I just want players 100% committed to winning it, or don't bother. What's more American than Baseball, hot dogs and apple pie? :excited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it didn't suck. I mean, baseball IS baseball, but I enjoy listening to the game commentary, and while Spanish is very pleasant on the ears, it's not the same when you can't understand what they're saying.

I understand... lol.

I thought I had put it on Deportes by accident.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Dickey is the wrong guy to start tomorrow. Vogelsong has big game experience and much better stuff. Torre better have a short leash on his starter.

DR is STACKED! Wow. If USA Baseball gets a win tomorrow, that will be epic!

I'm predicting Japan vs the winner of tomorrows USA/DR game in the championship.

If USA gets in, I like our chances to win it all with Vogelsong getting the start based on his LDS, NLCS and WS success from last year. Plus, Affeldt is clutch in high stakes games as well. If DR is in, I'm picking Japan for the threepeat.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Do like the Olympics and hockey. Every four years take two weeks off in July.

Can you imagine this lineup:

Andrew McKutchen OF
Troy Tulowitzki SS
Brandon Philips 2B
Buster Posey C
Ryan Howard 1B/DH
David Wright 3B
Curtis Granderson OF
Mike Trout OF
Prince Fielder DH/1B

Reserves
Bryce Harper OF