Favorite Sport You Participate In?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What is your favorite sport that you are involved in? My favorite sport is Ultimate [Frisbee]. I am so obsessed with the sport and was so happy when i found out it was going to be in the Summer Olympics in 2016! If you guys don't mind, look up a few YouTube videos on Ultimate Frisbee, and share them to help make the sport more popular. With that out of the way, I wanna know what your favorite sports are!

SPREAD ULTIMATE

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Ultimate frisbee is a lot of fun. I also really enjoy disc golf. I've played tennis since I was about 3 years old. I played in high school, which was a lot of fun. I still play, but not that often. I also love mountain biking. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I've only been in 2 races, though. Hopefully this year I'll do some more.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is there a particular place that you enjoy biking? I have no really hilly areas where I am, so I could never do stuff like that, lol.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a particular place that you enjoy biking? I have no really hilly areas where I am, so I could never do stuff like that, lol.

It's not very hilly around here, either, but there are a few trails. I wish there were more as it gets quite boring doing the same trail 100 times. :p

One trail is at a place called Flat Rock Park. The trail is about 10 miles. It's a decent trail, but mostly flat. The other trail is just known as the Fort Benning trail. It's about 6 miles. It's fun, and it's got some quick and short downhill sections (and uphill). It's still being added to, but it's further from my house, so I don't go to it as much.

I've ridden in quite a few places, including Bend, OR (supposedly has over 300 miles of MTB trails), multiple places in Ontario, Canada, and multiple places in the Southeast (AL, GA, NC, SC, FL).

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am a professional couch potato. It's not a wide spread sport yet, but I'm Hoping that I can pers way a few of you guys and we'll get this thing going main stream.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I shoot handguns. Swiss army ordinance pistols in Swiss army and club competitions. I am a member in a local club, I do okay... We shoot 25m and 50m. Why? I used to Ski, but I was a wild one and destroyed one knee twice... But I like to compete so...

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Boxing. The science behind making someone walk into a punch is awesome. Getting punched, not so much, but it makes you learn what not to do much faster.

(I'm no pro or even on the level of a decent amateur, just a dude who trains with a local pro to get in better shape.)

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It's alot of fun and stupidly exhausting - which surprised me when I first did it. I'm on the left again. The guy I am fencing here is training for the 2016 Olympics.

547087_3942214114544_1255694758_3628050_1465158932_n.jpg

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate Frisbee, cheerleading, fencing! Some curve balls right there. I enjoy my sports, used to love badminton, but stopped playing so I am horribly out of practice.

Currently training for a Wolf Race, did a Spartan Race last year and loved it. Hoping to also try for a Tough Mudder this year. Stuff like that floats my boat, but my knees and ankles are knackered, so I struggle with running. Also, do a tiny bit of boxing/mma. Only 1 hr per week, and I am still barely even a beginner, but trying to improve before any more of my joints seize up.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I love beach volleyball love it :love:

Sadly I live in the UK so not much of a chance of it coming over here :unhappy:

I use to play rugby then I broke my foot during training well I ran then all my weight went to my left side of my foot, which broke my fifth metatarsal short story I was in it for 6 months. I went back into rugby but it was too much so I stop, which i started doing excises at home, however I will be going back for summer training and see where it goes from there :smile:

Or if beach volleyball become a national sport :excited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh..... Beach volleyball. Something about that....can't quite put my finger on it. I know I like it, but cant remember why.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
In my younger days, I was big into baseball. Something I discover was why most major league catchers don't have a good batting average (there are some that do). The first time I caught someone who could throw 90mph. I discovered by the 3rd inning I could barely get my left hand around the bat and by the 6th inning I couldn't even grasp the bat with my left hand. I had a good catchers mitt too. :grin:

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ultimate Frisbee, cheerleading, fencing! Some curve balls right there. I enjoy my sports, used to love badminton, but stopped playing so I am horribly out of practice.

Currently training for a Wolf Race, did a Spartan Race last year and loved it. Hoping to also try for a Tough Mudder this year. Stuff like that floats my boat, but my knees and ankles are knackered, so I struggle with running. Also, do a tiny bit of boxing/mma. Only 1 hr per week, and I am still barely even a beginner, but trying to improve before any more of my joints seize up.

Yea buddy Ultimate FTW 🆙

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Golf. Aggravating sport, bur when you hit a good shot, boy that is one of the best feelings in the world.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Golf. Aggravating sport, bur when you hit a good shot, boy that is one of the best feelings in the world.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I tried golf out for a little but quickly realized that I did not have the patience and attention to detail that I need to play. Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett