Favorite Sport You Participate In?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm married, yes to a wife. who says that I'm married to my sailboat... sailing in the summer. Hockey in the winter though now aging it's none contact as we all have families and work. I do a little snowboarding with my kids...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy snowboarding, but only ever done it on indoor snow. Done a lot of skiing as a kid outdoors. Done a tiny bit of knee boarding.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
:shocked: im sorry.. did you just say indoor snow?

you have just blown my mind, I didn't know such thing exists!

http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/

Now the thing is, I assumed it was standard snow. The instructor that taught me said it was a mix of a few chemicals and was not quite the same. Apparently, if you put some in a glass and leave it for a while it turns a funny colour. He said this 3 lessons in, by which time I had indulged in some mid-slope refreshment a few times. Still here though!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Xscape Yorkshire - Cinema, SNO!zone & Flow House - Play, Eat & Shop

Now the thing is, I assumed it was standard snow. The instructor that taught me said it was a mix of a few chemicals and was not quite the same. Apparently, if you put some in a glass and leave it for a while it turns a funny colour. He said this 3 lessons in, by which time I had indulged in some mid-slope refreshment a few times. Still here though!

That looks incredible! I bit farther than I would like to drive though. (live in Maryland, USA) If I'm ever in the area though, that whole place looks incredible!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Xscape Yorkshire - Cinema, SNO!zone & Flow House - Play, Eat & Shop

Is that the one in Castleford if so my friends been there and loves it. :smile:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
@ berty.... It is good, not cheap though. The one in Milton Keynes is a bit bigger I think. Sorry, not any nearer though! Although they are offering 50% off kids' ski lessons during February, does that sweeten the deal enough? You must have them in USA. In fact, search for one in Dubai, I seem to think they have built a bigger one. I tell you something, that part of the world need to party while they can, because when that oil dries up it is gonna be one big ass ghost town. They may even use it as a country-sized film set. There is a reason why golf courses don't grow naturally in a desert.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
None yet. Some under construction, but none near me really! And nah, doesn't sweeten the deal too much, I snowboard at least 20 hours a week in the winter, I don't think I need lessons! Haha

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure he said sport...

... lmao jk jk

I was about to say, it's ridiculously intensive. Now if only Dynamite Leeds would get back in touch... I WANT TO JOIN THEM DARN IT! I plan to compete at least once before I give up the sport completely. That way, I can look back and say to myself "I chased my dreams there, and I reached them". That and well, some photos and videos of me cheerleading again wouldn't go amiss. Even if it does get me many funny looks from my friends.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was about to say, it's ridiculously intensive. Now if only Dynamite Leeds would get back in touch... I WANT TO JOIN THEM DARN IT! I plan to compete at least once before I give up the sport completely. That way, I can look back and say to myself "I chased my dreams there, and I reached them". That and well, some photos and videos of me cheerleading again wouldn't go amiss. Even if it does get me many funny looks from my friends.

Ha ha only giving you a hard time cause that's what I do to all my friends! Not many people can look back and say what you wish to do! I wish you the best of luck!

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
For those who asked, here is a quick video of me fencing. I am on your left in this clip. The opponent scores a point on me but then I blast forward and get the next one for the win. This is sabre fencing.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not really a sport, and it certainly is not my favorite, but I participated in my first amateur natural bodybuilding competition when I was 41 years old and I am training for another. My favorite sport I participate in is racquetball but I am not doing that at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05