Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Seen a WP lately?

Sad to say it but no.. All I see are Androids (98%) and a few iPhones. (in Serbia)
Thats why I also can't wait to buy a WP and be one of the first people here to have it.
Wanna be unique :)

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Ive only seen those ratchet L520s and L720s and I do not count those.They are a pimple on WP's face

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Went to the Dynamo v. Sporting KC playoff match this past Saturday and saw a white Lumia 520 and a Lumia 925...with a cracked screen :/

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen any lately, but over the weekend, a friend who carries some android phone was asking me about my phone. He is not particularly tech savvy, and he recognized my phone as a Windows Phone by name, and discussed his mounting frustration with Android. WinPhone awareness is definitely on the rise.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

My high school actually just replaced all the teachers laptops and student work stations with surface RT's. So I'm now seeing hundreds of them every day which is really awesome. Though I'm the only one with a blue touch cover. They've all got type.
Otherwise, I've seen a few 520's, and a couple black and white 920/925's. Also a guy with an 8X, and a whole bunch of younger students with some WP7 devices, that I'm assuming they got from their parents. No one stocks the Mozart or L800 anymore haha.

that and a loooot of people are asking me about my surface, because they're considering one over an ipad. which is cool, because the surface was one of the few microsoft products i would ever see gaining traction with regular consumers.

That's rural victoria for you.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Went to a store opening recently with the Salvation Army, and a lady from a news organizaion was using her L920 to film it!! Was kinda cool!

I have seen more in the Champaign, IL area (College town where the U of I is) then in my small burb about 30 miles away. In Champaign it is fairly common. Mostly the L822 and 8X with some L920 thrown in. I have yet to see a L1020 out and about.

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I see them every day. Of course I live in tourist central, so I see a ton of everything. Lots of L1020s (usually yellow), 920s in a rainbow of choices... including a mint green one I wanted to mug the guy for... Bunches of plain white 520/1 and whatever pastel models they're selling at AIO now. No 1520 in the wild yet but it's not released yet. It's nice to see them amongst the inevitable horde of gold 5s and cheap looking GS4.
Oh, and the idiots who think tablets are cameras. I wish they'd get hit by a bus.

BrandonFrisby

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

It's rare in my town. One of the other editors at my company has a HTC 8X, and some girl has an ATIV. Never met anyone else outside my circle of persuasion (IE, I converted them) with a WP8 device.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

definitely seeing more. a guy in the row in front of me at the FSU games is having an unnatural love affair with his 1020.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Every day... my co-worker has one. And so does one of my buddies with whom I hang every other week or so. And I saw one at Pirates Dinner Theater a couple of weeks back, couldn't tell what model though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium