11-14-2017 01:19 PM
1,379 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    is sl playable on w10m?
    sl?
    06-14-2016 04:09 AM
    sl?
    Second Life. An online world where you can make an avatar and interact with others.

Is SL playable on w10m?
    Haha. When I said RL, I meant outside of a tech blog or review. Rarely ever see windows phones aside from my dad's and the ones that I have.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:03 AM
    Second Life. An online world where you can make an avatar and interact with others.

Haha. When I said RL, I meant outside of a tech blog or review. Rarely ever see windows phones aside from my dad's and the ones that I have.
    Or the Microsoft Store. Besides the MS Store and me and my parents, I hardly ever see Windows phones. They're so rare. In the past two years that I've been using Lumias, I have only twice seen Windows phones out in the wild. Once was a European tourist. I don't know what model she had, but I instantly recognized the camera shutter sound, and then I looked and saw the live tiles. The second time was when I was in a movie theater, and we saw the woman in front of us using a Windows phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2016 11:44 AM
    Or the Microsoft Store. Besides the MS Store and me and my parents, I hardly ever see Windows phones. They're so rare. In the past two years that I've been using Lumias, I have only twice seen Windows phones out in the wild. Once was a European tourist. I don't know what model she had, but I instantly recognized the camera shutter sound, and then I looked and saw the live tiles. The second time was when I was in a movie theater, and we saw the woman in front of us using a Windows phone.
    Did you have any kind of reaction? Any time I hear the notification sound, my mind is like ooh someone else here has a WP!
    06-14-2016 01:39 PM
    Did you have any kind of reaction? Any time I hear the notification sound, my mind is like ooh someone else here has a WP!
    Once I heard that sound, I just had to turn and look. I recognized that distinct shutter sound, but then I was like, "Nah, it couldn't be." Turned to look, and sure enough, she was holding a Windows phone. It's still just so surprising to see someone (besides me and my parents) actually using a Windows phone in an ocean of iPhones and Androids.
    libra89 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    06-14-2016 02:27 PM
    I'm gonna apologize for false alarms in advance since I use a couple Windows/Lumia ringtones/alert sounds on my iPhone and Pre.
    06-15-2016 09:40 AM
    Do you know anyone outside of your immediate family who owns a Windows Phone?
    Yep. Two other people at church have Windows Phones, a 520 and a 1020. I saw a 930 at Christchurch Airport the other day.
    06-15-2016 05:23 PM
    Personally, I think the $30 640 is my best electronic bargain ever!!
    Unfortunately over here in New Zealand, our AT&T equivalent, Spark, is retailing them at NZD 349 or around USD 250 on a prepaid basis. No discount if you go onto a telco plan. Sadly, poor marketing and poor economies of scale mean that ecosystem can't compete well.
    06-15-2016 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately over here in New Zealand, our AT&T equivalent, Spark, is retailing them at NZD 349 or around USD 250 on a prepaid basis. No discount if you go onto a telco plan. Sadly, poor marketing and poor economies of scale mean that ecosystem can't compete well.
    that's even more expensive than in my own country
    Here in Kenya it's going for 180USD
    06-16-2016 12:14 AM
    Ed has a Windows phone.
    I know because I gave it to him :)
    06-16-2016 01:06 AM
    Ed has a Windows phone.
    I know because I gave it to him :)
    That was the "good neighbor" policy wasn't it?

I wanna move in next to you.

I moved my in-laws to Cricket last November and they each got a Lumia 635.Their very first smart phones. They still tell me how much they like them and how glad they are to have gotten something so darn useful. My mother-in-law is always asking "Cortina" to find things for her.
    06-16-2016 10:50 AM
    Give me the address too bro. I'm moving in next to you too. :D

Me and RumoredNow could share some of your bounties. :P

-- W
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-16-2016 01:22 PM
    Saw a girl at university with the same Lumia 640XL as mine. I wanted to talk to her but wasn't able to at the time.
    I really got excited about it.
    06-16-2016 02:11 PM
    Definitely strike up a conversation with that girl man. Must be a special type of girl to tote them goodies around man! Find her. Hunt her down! And talk. :)

-- W
    Fire 29 likes this.
    06-16-2016 02:15 PM
    I only got a glimpse of her face. I think she was cute. Also I think she was a also medical student like me. Next time I see her, I'll talk to her. ๐Ÿ˜
    06-16-2016 02:37 PM
    I only got a glimpse of her face. I think she was cute. Also I think she was a also medical student like me. Next time I see her, I'll talk to her. ๏˜
    Now don't be too dorky! :)
    06-16-2016 04:43 PM
    Saw a girl at university with the same Lumia 640XL as mine. I wanted to talk to her but wasn't able to at the time.
    I really got excited about it.
    As a girl myself (I'm not speaking for all girls, just myself), if you mentioned something about having the same phone or whatever, I would be impressed. I met a guy earlier this year who had a 640XL, and I had a 640.
    We were in a session together briefly and the teacher told us to exchange numbers. I was a little shocked that he had the same phone. I kept it to myself until we were leaving and I made a remark about me having a smaller version of his phone. He said that he noticed that and he cracked an iPhone joke and I laughed.

I had a new respect for this dude. Nothing happened after that, sorry guys. Either way, I was impressed.
    06-16-2016 06:36 PM
    Here in Serbia (Europe) Windows phone iss semi popular, I have couple friends including myself that use Windows phone's and every now and then u can see someone with it,most popular devices in here seems to be 535DS,640DS and 550
    06-16-2016 07:09 PM
    whole family has WP because of me
    RumoredNow and SynthDude like this.
    06-17-2016 08:12 AM
    Just remembered one of my uncles has an older Lumia, I think an 820 or something? He's had it for years, and says he doesn't want to replace it. I'm hoping when it finally dies, he goes with a newer one. I asked him if he was running 8 or 8.1, he said he had no idea, lol. He's not very tech savvy, but at least he likes it. I think because it's no-nonsense, straightforward, just works reliably. He's not an app person, just calls, text, and checking things on the internet.
    RumoredNow and Chintan Gohel like this.
    06-17-2016 09:17 AM
    Holy. Libra, you were a lady all along. And all that time I cracked all those dude jokes with you. Eeep. I'm sorry lady!

And see, we have anecdotal evidence here too Fire29. Gun her down, no - not literally I mean - but get that med student with the cute phone, I mean the cute face, started on a conversation. Okay okay, corny aside, but it makes for these wonderful conversation starters. When you meet a fellow WP-er in a sea of strange people with strange phones. :)

-- W
    libra89, Fire 29, Mach_E and 2 others like this.
    06-17-2016 12:24 PM
    Holy. Libra, you were a lady all along. And all that time I cracked all those dude jokes with you. Eeep. I'm sorry lady!

And see, we have anecdotal evidence here too Fire29. Gun her down, no - not literally I mean - but get that med student with the cute phone, I mean the cute face, started on a conversation. Okay okay, corny aside, but it makes for these wonderful conversation starters. When you meet a fellow WP-er in a sea of strange people with strange phones. :)

-- W
    Lol, it's okay, but thank you for the apology. Much appreciated!
    Fire 29 likes this.
    06-17-2016 12:57 PM

-- W

LOL man, I laughed a lot while reading your comment and it almost seemed like an evil laugh. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ
    I'll get that med student even if it's the last thing I do.
    And yeah windows phone are good conversation starters. ๐Ÿ˜
    libra89 and Werentuckl like this.
    06-17-2016 01:06 PM
    I have a co-worker who uses lumia 640 and he did buy 2 more 640s (for 30$) recently for gifting. I have also inspired one more co-worker to buy Lumia 950 with me during Bogo offer. Unfortunately, we had to return our phones due to lackluster battery life :( I went back to my 1520 and he went back to his Iphone.
    06-17-2016 04:31 PM
    Tell us when you get her bro, having a conversation I mean, ofcourse. Tell us how it goes! ^_^ :P

And the evil-er you do, the better it gets. Trust me! ;)

-- W
    Fire 29 likes this.
    06-18-2016 10:16 AM
1,379 ... 4849505152 ...