Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
When comparing wp Android and IOS,internet speed test via sim broadband not wifi,, wp always win specifically playing video online via sim unli surf..Android is in the third place in fast streaming videos online using 3g not wifi.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't see many really, I get tired of seeing a million iPhones and Galaxy devices all over the place. I like being different.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I live in Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean. Last Saturday I was amazed to see two nokia lumia phones in the same day - definitely a first time experience. Previously I saw only males with WP7 and WP8 devices, but this time these Nokia owners were both females. They rocked the L520 and L620. Here in Trinidad the L520 comes in red, white and black <surprisingly the color of our national flag. And for a device that gets absolutely no advertising by the service provider, Digicel, it difficult to get one in stores.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm the only person I know with a Windows phone. When I tell people I have a Windows phone, they don't answer. They just look at me as if an extra arm was growing out of my forehead.

I can finally say a friend of mine has a Win Phone 8. We compared phones Sunday night; he has a Nokia, but his wife has an HTC 8X like me. He conceded that the basic form factor of the 8X is sexier and more futuristic than the Nokia which doesn't look exactly cutting edge. Just in the couple of months I've had the phone, when I tell people that I have a Windows Phone, it seems that more and more people are familiar with it, which tells me people are at least looking at it. The basic interface with the live tiles seems to be a draw and more exciting that the Android or even the iOS GUI.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I was in Kota Kinabalu for the weekend. The only WP I saw were mine, and those on the shelves. Not a single phone seen in the wild. Its a frightening Android landfill.
I went to the Samsung shop, and played with the ActiveS. The assistant said it a Windows phone. "It's the latest technology...."

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Found out tonight a guy ride with has a 928. He loves it. Especially the live tiles. He's raved about the screen resolution too.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
just found out a guy from a different department is using an black 720... poor sod, he suffering all these years with his SG-1.. LOL. That makes seven users from my company..
He bought his 720 from the same shop where my wife got her yellow 720. I know the shop pretty well, they carried the lumia range, except the 1020, which have not reach our shores yet. Most of the units have been sold off, including lots of 620s.... but, I've yet to see one in the wild

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My colleague got drenched wet in the rain, the moisture seeped into his bag, and killed his beloved Galaxy-II.
His desk is next to mine, he's been intrigue by my 920. So, he finally laid his money down and jumped into the deep..... an Ativ S, at quite a decent price....

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My friend who owns the coffee shop I always go to. Owns a Lumia 800 and always killing aliens on it :)
I just updated his phone to Mango.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know a couple people that have 920s, one that has an 8x....and I've seen actually quite a few people holding 920s just around....still waiting to see 1020 in the wild.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I know a couple people that have 920s, one that has an 8x....and I've seen actually quite a few people holding 920s just around....still waiting to see 1020 in the wild.

I SAW ONE! I SAW ONE!

At least I think I did... A guy in the cafe yesterday had a yellow Lumia with one of the four-corner back plates on it so that is what makes me think it was a 1020 and not 920

It didn't leave the palm of his hand so I couldn't ever see the bump and the people I was with said it would be creepy to go chat him up (if I was alone I would have)...but it had the flat top of the 920/1020.

winphoneng

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we know hundreds. We run the Twitter handle @winphoneng for Windows Phone users in Nigeria and many of our followers own Windows Phones, mostly Lumias.
PS: you can follow our handle, it's fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb