Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Seen a WP lately?

I realized today that even the black Windows Phones are SO easy to spot from a distance. I saw a fellow student with a black 928. All I had to do was take a sweeping glance, saw the elongated flash in the middle of the phone, and I knew it was a Lumia. Man, something about their design . . .

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

My roommate and his mom whom I live with both got 520. And I didn't even say anything to them about my 920 but my roommate did know I had one.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I realized today that even the black Windows Phones are SO easy to spot from a distance. I saw a fellow student with a black 928. All I had to do was take a sweeping glance, saw the elongated flash in the middle of the phone, and I knew it was a Lumia. Man, something about their design . . .
that's a good point. Only mistook an experia for WP from a far a few times.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
FINALLY, have seen one truely in the wild (someone I don't know). That means I've seen a whopping two non-relatives with WPs over the past almost 3 years.

IystFuteig

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Three girls and two guys in the company I'm working are using WP (two 920, one 820, 720 and 520). There should be another guy or girl because I once saw a 925 but didn't see the owner. And another girl used to own a WP7 phone but lost it, making her feel so sad. And I have a 620 (for office use) and a 1020 (for myself). Almost got the whole WP8 Lumia family reunited. Yay!
Actually... I saw Lumia phones EVERYDAY in the subway. I'm in Shanghai, China. You can imagine how easy (and exciting) it is when recognizing a Lumia phone with its typical bright color.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly there's a good amount in my town (RC,SD) Its honestly not a surprise to see one in the wild here, plus the ATT reps here do use wp

Grogory

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had 3 friends with them, one bought out because she doesn't know much about phones and now regrets it, my other two friends bought for Xbox compatibility and still can't wait to get rid of them once there contacts are up.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had 3 friends with them, one bought out because she doesn't know much about phones and now regrets it, my other two friends bought for Xbox compatibility and still can't wait to get rid of them once there contacts are up.

That's hard to believe. All the people that I've introduced to WP8, like it and sticking with it. Aren't you supposed to be at Android Central?

anon(8547461)

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have a 1520 myself (upgraded from a Focus). I converted my wife from iPhone to Lumia 1520. She actually made the mistake of going to a Galaxy Note first, which completely screwed up her contacts. After 3 hours of frustration attempting to reorganize her contacts we went to the AT&T store. Got her the 1520, and within 5 minutes I had all 1500 of her contacts organized and arranged.

As for out in the wild I have two coworkers who are longtime WP users. And I just converted two who saw my 1520. My wife has two guys from her IT department who saw her 1520 and both came to work the following day with 1520's.

I've seen the occasional WP here or there. The base is definitely growing.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I own a yellow 820, and I know around 4-5 persons with WP8 device and 2-3 with WP7. I see a lot of people in the streets, buses, subway with Windows Phones. Mostly with yellow 920's, red/yellow 520's or HTC 8s. Personally I get a lot of attention with my Lumia, and even more after I switched to yellow matt wireless charging shell (previously I had a black shiny one without Wireless Charging support) My mates often ask me questions about Windows Phone and they are amazed with image quality :)

Dimi7287

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well so far I've converted:
2 friends from iPhones to a Lumina 920 and an htc 8x...
another one from his gs2 to a nl920...
my dad from a Nokia feature phone to a 620...
one work colleague from a low end htc android to a nl625
one work colleague from a blackberry curve to a nl720
one cuz that upgraded from an nl 800 to a nl 1020

Another cuz uses a Lumia 800

All in all I'd say I know a win phone user or two! :cool::evil:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I own a 8X and a 920. There are two other coworkers at the job with 8Xs (one likes hers for the most part, the other is "meh" about it), they got theirs independently from my feedback. One of my dear friends owns a Ativ S, we got his dad a 920, and I just bought my dad a 925 from t-mobile.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Me and my tree roommates all have Lumia's (obviously thanks to my personal marketing skills :p) I so it's 3x 920 and 1x 520, but where I work and when we do business meeting in London, Windows Phone has become 3rd visible system replacing Blackberry already and also in general I think that London in the city with highest number of WP in the world, you can see them everywhere on the street and all the carrie shop always advertise them really well. I bet 8.1 will skyrocket this system easily.

vihci

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
One year ago, i had the same feeling with you. But till now, it's a huge difference. More and more people are using WP, you can see that through Nokia sale reports and MSFT statitics. Otherwise, i've seen a lot friends of mine using WP too. Although WP seems to be not popular like Android and iOs, but there will be another rearrangement of the three biggest OS in the huge smartphone cake someday. It will be true at all.

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you know anyone with a Windows Phone?

Personally, I own a 8X and a 920. There are two other coworkers at the job with 8Xs (one likes hers for the most part, the other is "meh" about it), they got theirs independently from my feedback. One of my dear friends owns a Ativ S, we got his dad a 920, and I just bought my dad a 925 from t-mobile.

Which one do you use more? Thinking about toying with an 8x because the form factor is so cool. Have 920 as well.

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I know 12 but I need help with choosing phone for my father, we'll buy l625 (729tl) or l720(700tl). Which is better? Help!

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
why this thread is still needed?
i mean, nowadays, i see win-phones everywhere.
i found many people using WP whom i would never have imagined. when i asked them,
they all replied almost same, Excellent battery backup, very simple and has everything we need in a day.
apart from them, there are lot of people using WP with various reasons.
i do accept that WP are few in numbers, but definitely not scarce anymore.
in my family of 15, there are 3 WP, 8 androids, 2 non-smartphones( thats my granny & aunty), and 2 non mobile (thats school going cousins).
in friends group, 2 WP, 2 Android, 3 iPhones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs