Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I know of five people with Windows phones. Most of the people are using Android phones (Samsung mostly). Some iPhones, but most of them have changed to Android.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mind you.. Three are friends from work and considering we develop for Windows Phone and Windows 8, I'm not sure it counts ;)

That's how it is at my workplace. We're not full time developers, but we're a Microsoft partner. Four use WP as their primary device, and all of them came from either WM or feature phones. Another one had a WP, but switched to Android. He actually is a developer and has a WP app in the Store!

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, the only Windows phone I have ever seen is the one I own - a Lumia 520. I bought it because it was inexpensive enough to buy on a whim and it's been useful to look at Windows phone from an Android users perspective. My carrier (Verizon) seems (at least at the company stores) to be either outright hostile to Windows Phone or just ambivalent because their customers either want an iPhone or the latest Android phone (usually a Galaxy).

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm an informal smartphone seller, and thanks to the stability I started to sell just Windows phone and also use it, so thanks to me in my town around 50 people has it!

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I know a grand total of 7 Windows Phone users (including myself).
Of those 7, 3 of them still using Windows Phone 7 (Nokia Lumia 900).
6 of us go to the same church (I didn't have anything to do with the other 5 having Windows Phone, either).
Two of them are the parents of an ex-AT&T employee (that's why they have them).
I have a feeling that the other two were recommended by the same son.
Only one person has a Windows Phone phone (man, I hate saying that), because of me (long-standing Windows Mobile/Phone user).
JJ

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I live in Toronto. I don't have any friends, family, or coworkers that use WP. iOS, Android, and BlackBerry in that order.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I know quite few here in the UK. I was at a festival a few months back and spotted a dozen or so lumias. I even bumped into a woman who turned out to work for Nokia's app development team in London :)

On the business front, one of my clients have adopted WP and have about 250 staff using them, although I think they're on WP7 as they're all carrying HTC's.

Beyond that, its being picked up on by the British Police. There are 8000 units about to be rolled out.

In a nutshell, its beginning to make real inroads here in the UK.

I just wish Sky Broadcasting would take note and support the platform in the same way they do with Apple...... 😐

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My sister, my uncle, my aunt, and my cousin bought Lumia devices suggested by me 😊, I'm really happy because some people still know the right 👉 way to happiness.
Sorry for poor English.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers