Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I met a guy at the gym... I was waiting for the wife and sitting by the door reading on my 1520.3. Another guy was waiting also and was on his ATT 1520.

Had a nice talk. His wife is on a 520. He was saying he wanted to get her upgraded, but nothing fancy or $$$ as she doesn't want/need that. I was pushing a 925. Seems he has a 928 he didn't even know was SIM unlocked. Problem solved for them at $0.00, just move over her ATT SIM.

He's a member here. I looked him up. Joined in 2009. Last seen in February 2015. #posts=0.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I know this guy who has a Lumia 520, and said that it was a bad phone, and saw my Lumia 1520 was also a nokia/windows phone and basically went on about how windows phones/nokias are bad..

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I know this guy who has a Lumia 520, and said that it was a bad phone, and saw my Lumia 1520 was also a nokia/windows phone and basically went on about how windows phones/nokias are bad..

To be fair, the 520 is pretty terrible. Lol. It does not run 8.1 fluidly at all.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, the 520 is pretty terrible. Lol. It does not run 8.1 fluidly at all.

Exactly which is why it was kinda weird,becuz its just like dude you literally have the most low end wp8 device ever made... try one of the premium Lumias ,and then tell me what u think... but I didn't want to degrade his phone and sound rude so I just left him to believe that Nokia sucks because apparently It was the "best and new" windows phone out ,back when he got it according to him

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you know anyone outside of your immediate family who owns a Windows Phone? I have only seen one WP out in the wild and that person traded her Lumia 900 for an Android phone in like a month. Otherwise I have not seen a single person who owned a WP, but apparently there are a few million of them out there. It makes me wonder where these people are who own them. I assume more people here have a WP, so they must exist, right?

I have a 620.My mom has an Android(galaxy core),my brother has a 530,sister has a 635.My cousing owns a 930 and my godmother a 1520.Even my dad's planning on buying the 830

Melle Zwerver

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have jumped into the Windows phone system from Android and have had my (?90 - $135) Lumia 535 for about 2 months now. I have finally got it customised just how I want it but am still finding out many features of the phone. One of the main complaints about WP I read about were the lack of apps, well the first thing I noticed after switching was that whilst my Android phone, ZTE, was indeed festooned with apps I hardly used many of them but with the WP I have fewer apps but actually use them. So far so good but I do have the odd gripe like what use is the screen you have to swipe up every time just to get to the apps and I don't think you can disable it or customise it with a photo or anything, minor stuff I know. As for out in the wild well people I know actually want to look at my phone as they haven't seen one for real and before I got mine I had only seen one other person with one that ran Windows 8.

sliding up to get to the apps? you mean the lockscreen?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I saw an advert yesterday for Vodafone for their SIM only contracts, the ad only showed a Lumia phone (not sure the model) and no other phones were shown. Which I thought was interesting for Vodafone.

Also, today I was walking behind a Eastern European gentleman who was using a Lumia 930.

G.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ran into my first Windows Phone in the wild recently.. I was in TJ Max and heard the Windows Phone toast alert/facebook messenger alert going off and thought it was mine, but it wasn't. I kept listening for it and traced it to some guy who was Texting and I was able to easily recognize the messenger interface. Not sure what phone it was, but it was awesome to finally see someone with one.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ran into another 2 people the other day... Wife and I were at one table and a guy with, what looked like a 630, was sitting at a table near us... Before we left, a second guy with a 1520 showed up and sat at another table. Felt like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone (and I'm not referencing sparkling vampires here)

Last edited:

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Was visiting my friend, and we were talking to her handy-man. I was surprised when he said he had a "Windows Phone" with T-Mobile.
He was wanting to get a VISA card attachment for it.

I just did a quick search and found that you can indeed get such a device for a windows phone.

Lilla

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Was visiting my friend, and we were talking to her handy-man. I was surprised when he said he had a "Windows Phone" with T-Mobile.
He was wanting to get a VISA card attachment for it.

I just did a quick search and found that you can indeed get such a device for a windows phone.

Lilla
Yes, the PayPal Here app just came out - finally. Hope he gets to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6