Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's not surprising!
That is still surprising because India is android country.Now it has been intense competition from Chinese OEM like xiaomi lenevo huwaei Yu .Everyday a new android is released.Soon wp will be dead in India.See now in India anybody are getting 2gb devices for under 10000 which is making using android acceptable.Also there is fluid moto e or g.Wp is having hard time that is for sure.

Prakash Jebaz

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
That's true... I have seen many who worries a lot for having wp as there aren't many apps as in android...many are switching over to android... We still have some hope on wp...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That is still surprising because India is android country.Now it has been intense competition from Chinese OEM like xiaomi lenevo huwaei Yu .Everyday a new android is released.Soon wp will be dead in India.See now in India anybody are getting 2gb devices for under 10000 which is making using android acceptable.Also there is fluid moto e or g.Wp is having hard time that is for sure.

I wasn't talking about the market share.i was talking about how many WP you've seen.
WP is having a hard time in all markets.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've converted almost the whole family in my generation. All three sisters (2x630, 530), sis-in-law 925, wife 820, her cousin 620, couple more friends :)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Once here maps drop support for wp many will switch to android.And with companies like xiaomi creating apple iOS like miui more will flock to it.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You're like WP warrior. ��
Pretty soon you'll cleanse the whole world of this Android and IOS filth. ��
I get a lot of taunts from my friends about being an evangelist, some even wonder whether MS is actually paying me (against which I wouldn't object :wink:)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I get a lot of taunts from my friends about being an evangelist, some even wonder whether MS is actually paying me (against which I wouldn't object :wink:)

Once my cousin was arguing or making fun of my Lumia while it was on the table in front of him and just when he was done talking, the cool notification tune went off on my Lumia in a way that it seemed like it was either angry or disagreeing with him. 😄

Vorkosigan

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen one. The closest I came was seeing a signature in a forwarded email that indicated that the original sender was on a windows phone. So I had to order one for myself to see what it was like.

Once I'm proficient with mine I can show others and provide another alternative to people who think there are only Apple and Android phones out there. 😊

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah! 6 of my classmates with different Lumia phones. Lumia 520 & 535 users are the most I've seen in strangers hands.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I saw a man and his wife both with windows phones at work the other day. I noticed the wife's phone first, as the yellow 1020 caught my eye immediately. Then noticed the man had an 830. So a approached the couple and said "ahhh, the Nokia 1020! Awesome phone, and an awesome camera!" As I pulled out my 1520 to engage in a windows phone conversation. The guy says "yeah, I'm running windows 10 on mine." "oh" I replied, "so you're a Windows insider as well eh?" "Well, no, I'm a Microsoft employee" he says, fondling his phone. "They just sent me this one" he adds. "the 830 right" I ask, trying to impress this MS employee with my phone knowledge, "No, this one hasn't been released yet" he says. "it's a prototype". So, knowing that his phone was definitely an 830, I ask him what phone it was. He starts looking at it all around, popping the cover off and reading the numbers "I really don't know, but I know it hasn't been released yet"
Clearly this MS employee has no clue! Imagine that...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I saw a man and his wife both with windows phones at work the other day. I noticed the wife's phone first, as the yellow 1020 caught my eye immediately. Then noticed the man had an 830. So a approached the couple and said "ahhh, the Nokia 1020! Awesome phone, and an awesome camera!" As I pulled out my 1520 to engage in a windows phone conversation. The guy says "yeah, I'm running windows 10 on mine." "oh" I replied, "so you're a Windows insider as well eh?" "Well, no, I'm a Microsoft employee" he says, fondling his phone. "They just sent me this one" he adds. "the 830 right" I ask, trying to impress this MS employee with my phone knowledge, "No, this one hasn't been released yet" he says. "it's a prototype". So, knowing that his phone was definitely an 830, I ask him what phone it was. He starts looking at it all around, popping the cover off and reading the numbers "I really don't know, but I know it hasn't been released yet"
Clearly this MS employee has no clue! Imagine that...

Good catch,Ed.
Well at least they were Windows Phone users.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never seen one. The closest I came was seeing a signature in a forwarded email that indicated that the original sender was on a windows phone. So I had to order one for myself to see what it was like.

Once I'm proficient with mine I can show others and provide another alternative to people who think there are only Apple and Android phones out there. 😊

Good move.
By the way, which windows phone did you get?

Vorkosigan

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Good move.
By the way, which windows phone did you get?
I got the 830. There were only 2 choices on 3 carriers here. I think the other was a 635? I just really liked the looks of the 830. I poked around the forums for a day or two and then tried to see one in person. I found one at a Rogers store in a city about 45 mins away - but the back was ripped off and the battery wouldn't make contact. Everywhere else, if they had a windows phone at all, only had a dummy unit. Finally I just ordered one directly from Rogers, and then had to order it again as the first order was somehow cancelled.

I've never gone through so much work to get a phone. Lol. And yet - every kiosk or carrier employee I spoke to said that they had heard good things about Windows phones. They'd just never used one.

I'm enjoying it a lot . It's a bit of learning curve but definitely seems to be worth it.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the 830. There were only 2 choices on 3 carriers here. I think the other was a 635? I just really liked the looks of the 830. I poked around the forums for a day or two and then tried to see one in person. I found one at a Rogers store in a city about 45 mins away - but the back was ripped off and the battery wouldn't make contact. Everywhere else, if they had a windows phone at all, only had a dummy unit. Finally I just ordered one directly from Rogers, and then had to order it again as the first order was somehow cancelled.

I've never gone through so much work to get a phone. Lol. And yet - every kiosk or carrier employee I spoke to said that they had heard good things about Windows phones. They'd just never used one.

I'm enjoying it a lot . It's a bit of learning curve but definitely seems to be worth it.

The best way to get to know your Lumia is to get around in the settings.
When I got my Lumia,I did the same because if there's a feature, there's a setting for it.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been using WP since release and have only seen two other people with one. Which is amazing.... In what, 4yrs?
I had to stop at att store yesterday and they only had the 830 on display. WP is dead and has always been dead, running only on Microsoft's cash reserves

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss