Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, saw a DJ at a local function here in Cape Town with a 930. Even with a broken screen he was very happy with his phone. Had a short chat and he was going to replace the screen. Didn't want to change from Windows....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that I saw someone at work yesterday (not a coworker, but a member of the public) with a 640 XL with white shell. It was matte, with that hole on the back that the 640 XL has. Second time seeing a 640 XL in RL.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Second Life. An online world where you can make an avatar and interact with others.

Haha. When I said RL, I meant outside of a tech blog or review. Rarely ever see windows phones aside from my dad's and the ones that I have.

Or the Microsoft Store. Besides the MS Store and me and my parents, I hardly ever see Windows phones. They're so rare. In the past two years that I've been using Lumias, I have only twice seen Windows phones out in the wild. Once was a European tourist. I don't know what model she had, but I instantly recognized the camera shutter sound, and then I looked and saw the live tiles. The second time was when I was in a movie theater, and we saw the woman in front of us using a Windows phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Or the Microsoft Store. Besides the MS Store and me and my parents, I hardly ever see Windows phones. They're so rare. In the past two years that I've been using Lumias, I have only twice seen Windows phones out in the wild. Once was a European tourist. I don't know what model she had, but I instantly recognized the camera shutter sound, and then I looked and saw the live tiles. The second time was when I was in a movie theater, and we saw the woman in front of us using a Windows phone.

Did you have any kind of reaction? Any time I hear the notification sound, my mind is like ooh someone else here has a WP! :grin:

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you have any kind of reaction? Any time I hear the notification sound, my mind is like ooh someone else here has a WP! :grin:

Once I heard that sound, I just had to turn and look. I recognized that distinct shutter sound, but then I was like, "Nah, it couldn't be." Turned to look, and sure enough, she was holding a Windows phone. It's still just so surprising to see someone (besides me and my parents) actually using a Windows phone in an ocean of iPhones and Androids.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna apologize for false alarms in advance since I use a couple Windows/Lumia ringtones/alert sounds on my iPhone and Pre.

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think the $30 640 is my best electronic bargain ever!!:excited:

Unfortunately over here in New Zealand, our AT&T equivalent, Spark, is retailing them at NZD 349 or around USD 250 on a prepaid basis. No discount if you go onto a telco plan. Sadly, poor marketing and poor economies of scale mean that ecosystem can't compete well.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately over here in New Zealand, our AT&T equivalent, Spark, is retailing them at NZD 349 or around USD 250 on a prepaid basis. No discount if you go onto a telco plan. Sadly, poor marketing and poor economies of scale mean that ecosystem can't compete well.

that's even more expensive than in my own country :grincry:
Here in Kenya it's going for 180USD

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ed has a Windows phone.
I know because I gave it to him :)

That was the "good neighbor" policy wasn't it?

I wanna move in next to you.

I moved my in-laws to Cricket last November and they each got a Lumia 635.Their very first smart phones. They still tell me how much they like them and how glad they are to have gotten something so darn useful. My mother-in-law is always asking "Cortina" to find things for her.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Saw a girl at university with the same Lumia 640XL as mine. I wanted to talk to her but wasn't able to at the time.
I really got excited about it.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Definitely strike up a conversation with that girl man. Must be a special type of girl to tote them goodies around man! Find her. Hunt her down! And talk. :)

-- W

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I only got a glimpse of her face. I think she was cute. Also I think she was a also medical student like me. Next time I see her, I'll talk to her. 😏

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb