Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Saw a girl at university with the same Lumia 640XL as mine. I wanted to talk to her but wasn't able to at the time.
I really got excited about it.

As a girl myself (I'm not speaking for all girls, just myself), if you mentioned something about having the same phone or whatever, I would be impressed. I met a guy earlier this year who had a 640XL, and I had a 640.
We were in a session together briefly and the teacher told us to exchange numbers. I was a little shocked that he had the same phone. I kept it to myself until we were leaving and I made a remark about me having a smaller version of his phone. He said that he noticed that and he cracked an iPhone joke and I laughed.

I had a new respect for this dude. Nothing happened after that, sorry guys. Either way, I was impressed.

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Here in Serbia (Europe) Windows phone iss semi popular, I have couple friends including myself that use Windows phone's and every now and then u can see someone with it,most popular devices in here seems to be 535DS,640DS and 550

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just remembered one of my uncles has an older Lumia, I think an 820 or something? He's had it for years, and says he doesn't want to replace it. I'm hoping when it finally dies, he goes with a newer one. I asked him if he was running 8 or 8.1, he said he had no idea, lol. He's not very tech savvy, but at least he likes it. I think because it's no-nonsense, straightforward, just works reliably. He's not an app person, just calls, text, and checking things on the internet.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Holy. Libra, you were a lady all along. And all that time I cracked all those dude jokes with you. Eeep. I'm sorry lady!

And see, we have anecdotal evidence here too Fire29. Gun her down, no - not literally I mean - but get that med student with the cute phone, I mean the cute face, started on a conversation. Okay okay, corny aside, but it makes for these wonderful conversation starters. When you meet a fellow WP-er in a sea of strange people with strange phones. :)

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Holy. Libra, you were a lady all along. And all that time I cracked all those dude jokes with you. Eeep. I'm sorry lady!

And see, we have anecdotal evidence here too Fire29. Gun her down, no - not literally I mean - but get that med student with the cute phone, I mean the cute face, started on a conversation. Okay okay, corny aside, but it makes for these wonderful conversation starters. When you meet a fellow WP-er in a sea of strange people with strange phones. :)

-- W

Lol, it's okay, but thank you for the apology. Much appreciated!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

-- W

LOL man, I laughed a lot while reading your comment and it almost seemed like an evil laugh. 😰
I'll get that med student even if it's the last thing I do.
And yeah windows phone are good conversation starters. 😏

Nagesh Boppana

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a co-worker who uses lumia 640 and he did buy 2 more 640s (for 30$) recently for gifting. I have also inspired one more co-worker to buy Lumia 950 with me during Bogo offer. Unfortunately, we had to return our phones due to lackluster battery life :( I went back to my 1520 and he went back to his Iphone.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Tell us when you get her bro, having a conversation I mean, ofcourse. Tell us how it goes! ^_^ :p

And the evil-er you do, the better it gets. Trust me! ;)

-- W

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
LOL man, I laughed a lot while reading your comment and it almost seemed like an evil laugh. 😰
I'll get that med student even if it's the last thing I do.
And yeah windows phone are good conversation starters. 😏

She's probably reading your posts under a non-descriptive name (like libra89";^), and having herself a good laugh, also:)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Tell us when you get her bro, having a conversation I mean, ofcourse. Tell us how it goes! ^_^ :p

And the evil-er you do, the better it gets. Trust me! ;)

-- W

Okay. Will do.
But I won't be seeing her for a while. Both of us have holidays for like 20 days. 😁

She's probably reading your posts under a non-descriptive name (like libra89";^), and having herself a good laugh, also:)

Hahaha! 😂 she's probably not.
Hmmm . . . . I don't think libra89 ever changed her username in all these years. Is she a moderator or something?
Can you even change your username on this site?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Have you seen anyone with a Windows Phone?

Hahaha! she's probably not.
Hmmm . . . . I don't think libra89 ever changed her username in all these years. Is she a moderator or something?
Can you even change your username on this site?
Not a mod and I'm also surely not that girl. Me + Science =
I'm good with my nonscientific job.
I think you can but you have to make a request? Good luck when you do it though.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Not a mod and I'm also surely not that girl. Me + Science =
I'm good with my nonscientific job.
I think you can but you have to make a request? Good luck when you do it though.

I thought of that once but the procedure to change the username seemed too long and I just let it go for now.

I moved this thread to a different forum, but you may continue your discussion in progress as is. :smile:

No Laura, what did you do!! We had a good thing going on here.
Just kidding. 😂
How are you?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay. Will do.
I won't be seeing her for a while. Both of us have holidays for like 20 days. ��

She's probably saying to herself "Damn! it will be at least 20 more days until I will have a chance to see that guy with the Windows Phone, again":^)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought of that once but the procedure to change the username seemed too long and I just let it go for now.

No Laura, what did you do!! We had a good thing going on here.
Just kidding. 
How are you?
I'm doing well, thanks! I hope you are doing well too. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium