Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wish we had more Windows phones to see and talk about.
Today if someone woke up in the morning then went shopping for a Windows phone where would that person go?

The options for a casual smartphone buyer aren't present.
For this reason I've always held on to my opinion that phones running Windows should have attacked the impulse market with unlocked low cost semi-disposable devices.

I'm probably wrong besides that train has left the station anyway.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Season 6 of Hawaii Five-0 kicked off last week and yes, they're still using Windows phones. Lumia 950s to be exact.

*Correction- Season 7*

LyricalNonsense

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I know I was watching a crime show when I noticed they were all using Windows phones, but I can't seem to remember witch show. May have been Bones or NCIS.

- M

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Wish we had more Windows phones to see and talk about.
Today if someone woke up in the morning then went shopping for a Windows phone where would that person go?

The options for a casual smartphone buyer aren't present.
For this reason I've always held on to my opinion that phones running Windows should have attacked the impulse market with unlocked low cost semi-disposable devices.

I'm probably wrong besides that train has left the station anyway.

I can just go to most large mobile shops in the city and ask for lumias - last time I checked, they had the 640, 540, 640xl, 530, 535, 435, 735, 830, 730, 635. If I was to check the large supermarkets, they would also have the new 950 and 950xl going at 520USD and 570USD respectively. And yes, 550/650 are also available in the city shops

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I am the only person I know or even ever see with a windows phone. I tell me friends and coworkers and they didn't even know that Windows made phones. But I love them my daily driver is a 950XL DS and also have 950. Hopefully this won't be the last windows phone I can ever get. I have hope that Microsoft will turn things around for windows 10 mobile. I guess time will tell.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
They also use Windows phones and Surfaces on Ray Donovan.
I have definitely seen them on all versions of NCIS. I can't remember if I've seen the phones, but I know on "Arrow" they had an episode showing off the 1st Surface tablet. Felicity used it to hack into Malcom Merlin's servers. It was cool, but highly laughable, lol. My dad has one of those. He loves it, but c'mon, a hacking tool? MS pushed that shameless plug a little hard...

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Helped a friend along to a 950XL. Complete with a dock too. Acquired a couple of unicorn 1520s in the process. On their last legs. Lets just say made for two happy campers altogether. :) ^_^

-- W

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Noticed a guy with a 540 at a shop I usually go to.
Oh and there was a guy there who mistaked my Lumia 640XL for a black Note 7.
I was like, "Yo, I don't carry around grenades."
Just kidding, I didn't say that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh and there was a guy there who mistaked my Lumia 640XL for a black Note 7.
Wait...how?!

They don't even look the same lol.

Helped a friend along to a 950XL. Complete with a dock too. Acquired a couple of unicorn 1520s in the process. On their last legs. Lets just say made for two happy campers altogether. :) ^_^

-- W
Nice! So the 1520s are a new project for you?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yup, just figuring out the logistics of it Libra. :) ^_^

And Fire, you should have licked the edge, and asked him to check out that edge curve on it. :p

-- W

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I attended an orchestra concert this past weekend and saw someone sitting in the row in front of me with what looked like a white Lumia 530. That is the first time I've seen a Windows Phone in the wild in many months - probably over a year.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Saw a guy in my college with a Lumia 920. The phone was pretty good looking. At first, I thought it was some Windows 7 phone because of the old Windows logo.
Oh and the guy also had a Samsung. :p

appsmartvn

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Don't be a follower. Be a leader and convince your friends of how great a windows phone can be. I will continue with windows

Last edited:

Brandon Hobart

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I have never seen anyone using a Windows Phone except for my sister who has bought one recently and persuading me to shift from Android to Windows now. There are a number of Windows Phone users and it's not like WP are the rarely used phones; however, in my area, I feel the same lol.:smile:

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I would see them every now and then back in 2013 and 2014. Mostly Lumia 520/521, but on occasion Lumia 928. One person at work had one sitting in the next row over from me. It was the HTC-8X with 4GB and he absolutely hated it having "no apps".

I don't know what Microsoft was thinking with "retrenching". Marketshare of ~5% is way better than zero right now. No "OEM partners" have stepped up, and almost no phones are available for purchase through carriers. What a shame. Moreover, we lost excellent designs, bright colors, best-in-class cameras, and most of all customers who bought into WP8 phones and were abandoned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel