Military personnel...grab a can of night vision and line up with your BA eleven-hundred novembers

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Moi on leave in Washington D.C. I was stationed down in Hampton Roads at the time:

ouv3tk.jpg

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Out in the Atlantic, me and Purfoy showing which way the 3" gun was suppose to be pointing. The officers didn't find it funny.

2jt69u.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was never in the military, but I really like the old style bell bottom dungarees. I see that there are some surplus stores that still sell them (and they're cheap). I might actually buy a pair.

My current winter coat is an official issue peacoat I bought from an Army-Navy store.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My first assignment after boot camp as an E-2, USCGC Reliance. 210ft Cutter. In the far north Atlantic. 8 hours on duty, 8 hours off duty. 3 hours would be spent breaking up ice on the ship, then the next 5 hours you were a gopher on the Bridge.

alj97k.jpg

Boarding party leaving our ship

2zit3ec.jpg

Bridge on our ship

15wo1ao.jpg

34xqs8l.jpg

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I was never in the military, but I really like the old style bell bottom dungarees. I see that there are some surplus stores that still sell them (and they're cheap). I might actually buy a pair.

My current winter coat is an official issue peacoat I bought from an Army-Navy store.

They were real cheap on base, $3 as I recall

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Cool pics guys! My dad's ex Navy and served on the Midway and fueled planes (purple shirts, I think). Wish I could share some of his photos, but it was lost in a house fire about 10 yrs ago.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Cool pics guys! My dad's ex Navy and served on the Midway and fueled planes (purple shirts, I think). Wish I could share some of his photos, but it was lost in a house fire about 10 yrs ago.

Sorry to hear about the house fire.

Of course you would know that I was a 49ers fan when I was stationed in Alameda :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999