Ubuntu for Tablets

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if some of you have seen this yet or not but thought I would see what you thought of it. For me it is looking in some areas a lot like Windows 8. I really like the changes Ubuntu has done over the years but every time I try it I can't get into the OS and always resort back to windows so maybe I'm biased in this area but I'm just not that impressed with this.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried ubuntu A LOT of times and every time I've come back to Windows. It just doesn't do anything as nicely and easily as Windows has done for years!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That looks sweet. Sure, I'm still a WP user by nature, but so tempted to pick up a Nexus 4 on the cheap and load Ubuntu OS onto it. That gesture-based environment will be sweet.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd be more likely to consider a Ubuntu tablet than a Windows RT tablet, since Ubuntu seems like it would be more robust on a tablet and be able to run the same apps as a Ubuntu desktop.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't say it knocked me out by any means. It's an alternative, and more choices are a good thing. The remote desktop on Surface is a must have feature for me. It's nice to not have to lug around a laptop when I travel these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss