Who do you dislike more, google or apple?

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Which company can you not stand at all, google or apple? Personally I don't like apple's iOS right now but however, at least it looks better than android and doesn't steal my data. So for now, I am saying google because of half baked android.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would say I dislike Google more than Apple, since Google uses private data for advertising purposes. Apple does not mine user data for advertising purposes.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Apple, because they are the most hypocritical bunch of crap talker ever in existence. I mistrust Google to some extend, but I don't really dislike them. Most of all because I can use the most important Google tools (Google Search, Google Maps, Google Scholar, and watching Youtube videos, and no, in my country Bing is not an option) without using an account.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If I HAD to choose? Apple, until they start making more than tiny incremental changes to the iPhone. But I actually don't dislike either of them. I dislike Samsung.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
  • I dislike Android. Although I like the user facing features, looking under the hood, at the OS plumbing if you will, is revulsive.
  • I dislike gmail, mainly due to user profiling.
  • I dislike Google's willingness to make use of proprietary WebKit features (similar to the way I once disliked Microsoft and their approach to IE6).
  • I dislike Apple's somewhat arrogant business practices (similar to the way I once disliked Microsoft's).
  • I dislike that Microsoft isn't able to innovate without other companies forcing them to do so (for that I like Google and Apple).

Complicated question with conflicting answers...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I dislike android, its amazingly slow for the extremely high powered hardware, the main difference are bigger and faster phones in shorter time periods and the result is a phone outdated after 3 months. Additionally, I just do t like Java and the average quality of android apps is really bad.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung are my least favourite product company. Facebook is my least favourite product.

Android is OK. Apple.... I just don't get it. I was berated by a 3S owner the other day as they thought my Windows phone was crap. Give me strength.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I dislike android, its amazingly slow for the extremely high powered hardware, the main difference are bigger and faster phones in shorter time periods and the result is a phone outdated after 3 months. Additionally, I just do t like Java and the average quality of android apps is really bad.

I'm really impressed how you presented a rational summary of Android while remaining completely free of any traces of exaggeration.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Apple, sorry apple fans its the least exciting of all the major OS's. Bottom line I would take a free phone from either one... :excited:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Both. Google is getting far too big, far too powerful, and I don't trust them one bit.
Apple, well, I dont like the hipster attitude that goes with Apple. Nor do I tend to go with what the elites in Hollywood push

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung are my least favourite product company. Facebook is my least favourite product.

Android is OK. Apple.... I just don't get it. I was berated by a 3S owner the other day as they thought my Windows phone was crap. Give me strength.

According to a HTC Wildfire user that phone is better than my HTC titan just because it doesn't run windows phone. To her, even a BlackBerry Curve 8520 is better than my titan. Guthix grant me power...

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I dislike any of them much. Not one has done much to piss me off. I had an iPhone and enjoyed it. Had an Android phone for a bit and enjoyed that as well.

The only real electronics company that has pissed me off would have to be AT&T and their ineptness at times in handling issues

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to like Google when everything was free...but then they sell your data...not cool.

I like Apple and Microsoft.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say Google at this point they are so deep into your personal business spying on everyone through their services. I just switched from Gmail to Outlook and couldn't be happier!

EauRouge

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I dislike Apple. Apple fans blindly buy their products, dont even give others a look. they dont bother to make an INFORMED decision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb