Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, following on from the slightly tongue-in-cheek comment I made in response to Dave on the expectations thread, what would you like to see at MWC'13?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Fix backup/restore.
Fix Xbox music.
Fix Xbox video.
Fix volume control.
Fix EAS support - secured storage card for phones without expandable storage.

Basically just make me feel I can use the phone, rather than wanting to stick to an iPhone for music, video, exchange

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Fix backup/restore.
Fix Xbox music.
Fix Xbox video.
Fix volume control.
Fix EAS support - secured storage card for phones without expandable storage.

Basically just make me feel I can use the phone, rather than wanting to stick to an iPhone for music, video, exchange

This, and custom alert tones, please!!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ all of the above + Skype that isn't broken (pronto, i.e. by next month)

Windows Phone Blue is announced for summer, and it will include everything on AngryNil's list... AND fulfils the promise of a seamless transition across three screens (bookmarks, rss feeds, gaming, messaging and video calling, etc)

Current WP8 update procedures are thrown out the window. Instead, everyone can download WP updates directly from Microsoft's servers, on day one, without requiring carrier approval.

A joint announcement by Intel and Microsoft that they are working on a WP9 based smartphone that will launch in December 2013. It will be the first smartphone to use Intel's 14nm based smartphone SoC and it will include the fastest GPU ever put into a smartphone.

An announcement by Microsoft game studios and EA disclosing the launch titles for WP9, which includes many ports from the XBOX 360 like Madden NFL, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, etc. and a whole host of new smartphone game franchises.

The announcement of Microsoft's Google Now competitor.

An announcement of a much more ubiquitous voice recognition system. It needs to work in any app anytime you might use the keyboard. It needs to spell out the words while dictating, it needs to understand when we didn't like the results and understand our corrections, and it needs to add punctuation automatically.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm going to cross-reference another thread of mine here, but I'll take a little snapshot of what it says and then put a link to the thread as a whole. That whole thread sums up what I would desire to see at MWC, b ut let's be honest, it ain't gonna happen!

Ok, I appreciate this has been done before, but following on from the news article here, I want to get people's ideas for the ultimate smartphone (note: it doesn't have to be realistic in our current tech, let your imagination run wild).

Mine, will involve a four way format. You'll have a setting that can be pinned to the Start Screen that will cause the morphing, as this will also allow for using Microsoft TellMe to fire the "Windows, go..." commands (IllumiRoom reference here, each form has their respective command in brackets next to the form name). I'll explain the different ones that are available. When you fire one of the commands, the device remoulds itself in your hands (none of those popout tablets like you've seen on the Samsung concept videos)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...436-envisioning-your-ultimate-smartphone.html

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've only had lumia 920 for a few days but this would be my list:

1. More games to choose would be nice
  2. WIFI problem sometimes it has to reconnect when I unlock it
  3. I'm with a few others that there should be an "X" or some kind of gesture to close apps that are open in the background
  4. I would like to have a choice of browsers well just one Maxthon cloud browser it got all my favorites and stuff

That it for my list not major problems just little so I don't mind waiting and because I love my phone :love:

ADDED: I solved the problem for the WIFI so im a very happy bunny :smile:

Last edited:

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope for nev devices, something like Odyssey but without pentile. I could also live with 8Gb version of 8S even though I'd prefer a Nokia (620 with a better battery could also be a winner in my book). So yeah, I want a 4" device without an obvious deal breaker. I really don't understand the obsession with huge phones, I tried 820 few days ago and it's just too big for my liking (and resolution just doesn't cut it on a 4.3" screen). Do I ask too much?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see "EOS" and "Catwalk" unveiled with an announcement that future flagships will be available on any and all carriers in North America or that unlocked flagship phones will now be sold at the Microsoft stores across Canada and the USofA (maybe that isn't 'world centric' enough to be appropriate for MWC).

I also hope that "EOS" is said to include OIS and not simply be an 808 running WP as the OS.

Substantial update for WP8 coming before June including the notification centre, misc problem fixes, and whatever other functionality people are crying out for.

At minimum there needs to be some exciting announcements for future products and updates for WP8 in order to help build even more excitement and momentum. I really hope that we won't be limited to the current dual core, 1gb of ram, 720/768 screens until next Fall. That will hurt the potential of sales to the "average joe" who is looking for the newest / latest / greatest specs on a smart phone and will discredit WP in favor of the Android quadcore 1080p handsets during the next 8 months.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I think first thing should be bug fixes in the operating system with quicker updates. We need to get what we have working before adding more to the list. IE SkyDrive, Facebook, Xbox and so on none of these are 100 % look at your photos hub missing albums photos sync with SkyDrive. Lets work on what we have now and worry about the future later

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Anything from Microsoft would be nice if they don't leave us in the dark for another 6 months?

What's going on Microsoft? Please give us something to work with! 😒

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Functionality gap filler update, post-Portico but pre-Blue. Functionality-wise, Windows Phone pales to iOS, despite both being locked down platforms. Wireless printing is a recent one that popped up.

Nokia unveiling nothing high end, because it would be an absolute waste to unveil a new flagship now only to have it made redundant when Blue brings new hardware support for the holidays (think 2011 & 2012 - Lumia 800 launches with Mango, decent, Lumia 900 launches with Tango, outdated at launch, Lumia 920 launches with Apollo, blows 900 away).

Nokia unveiling no tablet because it should go with Bay Trail or low power Haswell, which are later 2013 releases that would fit better with Nokia World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi