Will you jump ship?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Nah, not even then.

1) I don't like Apple's pricing
2) I don't like how iOS works in the first place, I much prefer WP over that
3) I'm from Finland, from the very same city where Nokia's mobile phone business started, have worked 3 different jobs at the Nokia campus.. I'm biased and sticking with Nokia :D

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
At least I'm considering it, because I've realised WP8 is not really updating at the pace I was expecting.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally happy with my 920, wouldn't consider any other phone currently on the market over it. As for upcoming phones, probably only the aluminium Lumia would be of my interest :D But I for one have very little interest towards apps, never really had more than 2-3 on any of my smartphones.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm developing cross platform apps, so at the moment have an iPhone 5, a HTC 8s and some LG Android phone. I personally have a L920 too.

I've been playing with the iPhone since I got it last week, and to be honest, I'm not impressed.

I had a iPhone 3G when they came out, and at the time nothing touched it, but now it is just a bit dull. Having to come out of an app to change its setting! Buttons so small that i have to prod it 2 or 3 times for it to register! No widgets or live tiles, with only stock ones showing a number above them! I also had wifi just drop out for no reason while streaming(wasn't the router as my 920 was fine).

The only positives are app numbers and battery life. Although that could be because I'm hardly using it.

The one OS that does look interesting to me is Ubuntu, which should be released later this year. It seems to take the best bits of every OS. Might try and get a Galaxy Nexus and install the development version soon.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Just remebered another anoyance with the iPhone 5 over other phones.

The navigation buttons at the top. The phone is quite long and having the back/previous button in the top left of the screen just doesn't work well. Especially if you're right handed.

I don't think they could make a bigger screened iPhone until they sort this out, as it would make one handed operation almost impossible.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
At least I'm considering it, because I've realised WP8 is not really updating at the pace I was expecting.

I am not sure what I am going to do. It really depends. It also depends on what Blackberry does as well.

iOS 7 could have some sort of live title. Not sure what they are going to bring.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Momentum was the wrong word to use but they are a steady #2 in the market and there will be a hard struggle for WP to gain that spot, at this speed they are certainly not doing it before 2015/2016.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Considering Apple still have a nice momentum.

Apple has momentum? Seriously? They haven't done anything new since 2010. Their whole OS is nothing but a glorified app launcher. Always was and still is. Apple iOS is the most boring OS out there.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what I am going to do. It really depends. It also depends on what Blackberry does as well.

iOS 7 could have some sort of live title. Not sure what they are going to bring.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

The thing with me is, I don't give a damn how iOS looks by default. I will jailbreak it like I did with my iPhone 4 (I had that before the L920) and put everything on there that Apple ain't, that includes a nice Dreamboard theme or something.

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to think long and hard come November when I'm due for an upgrade. I can't see myself going back to Android because I don't like Google's privacy hating ways. But if Apple finally modernizes iOS, I will consider the iPhone.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
windows phone is going slow, but they are going to be updating it soon and look on the bright side: sure wp is small at around 3% marketshare but its been almost doubling it marketshare every year and Microsoft can't afford not to have a presence in the mobile phone space, I think we just need to wait and have windows 8 get more adoption and wp will follow suit. I think wp can only go up from here, if they do die off, the only mobile OS that looks interesting to me is Ubuntu phone. I don't like android and iOS is very stagnant at the moment...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb