What is the purpose of life or your life?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the majority of the users on this forum are older than me ( 22 years of age ).

I have a few questions for you. You dont have to be exact about your personal information.

How old are you?
Are you happy?
Are you bored of your everyday grind?
What have you found to be the purpose of life?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
How old are you?
Are you happy?
Are you bored of your everyday grind?
What have you found to be the purpose of life?

1. Almost 30.
2. I'm very happy, I don't always feel happy, but whenever I put everything in perspective, I'm a very, very happy person.
3. No, my work is amazingly interesting and I still meet people I like regularly.
4. I'm a biologist, so for me this is an easy one: Our purpose is to replicate, we exist because we replicated since the beginning of life. Our entire body is programmed to replicate (yes, we all like sex, but it's much deeper actually). We all are incredibly complex machines we don't even nearly understand, and we still give our pieces of DNA to next generations like we did for millions of years. For me this is all the purpose and wonder I need in life.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Almost 40

Most of the time yes, quite happy.

Yes and no, the drive to work is a pain, but I love singing in the car and also listening to Radio 4. The work is never-ending and the days really fly by. Not my ideal job, but not the worst I have had.

The purpose of my life is frighteningly similar to the one above as it happens. I feel I am here to pass my genes on. My kids are my chance to out live my natural life. Best of all, they are pretty good too and amaze me frequently. So much potential in those little vessels of genetic information.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there another purpose besides the default of multiplying? Im not looking for the default since I been treading over that subject for years and dont see the appeal.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I reckon, aside from the aforementioned reproductive answer, the goal is for you to get to the point where you are no longer in the grind, where you get up and actually like the idea of going to work, or whatever you do if you don't work.

I know a guy that works as and when he feels like it. Enjoys what he does, although it is taking a toll on him. Genuinely will work 20 hour days if necessary, but if he does not want to he will leave it and have a day off. He is self employed so is his own master.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
1: 30
2: I live in a western country, ive always had acces to food, water and a home so Yes!
3: My job is totaly crazy, allmost to the ponit where I quit in search of some calm everyday grind.
4: To quote a smart young boy,
"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while - and do whatever you want all the time - you can miss it".
/Eric Cartman

JK JK

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The purpose of your life is whatever you make of it. If you are worried about your purpose then the purpose of your life should be to find your purpose and then to pursue it. Your purpose may be reproduction, pleasure, achievement,etc. If you have not found it then you have to work on what can help you find it. I think I have a fairly good idea of what my purpose is. Right now I am 34 and have been working on getting enough funds to pursue my passions more rigorously and free myself from the Matrix. My current passions are around yoga and spiritual growth. My current job in computer security was once my greatest passion but no so much anymore. So things may change in life as you get older or know more. I have always been a generally happy person so yes I am happy. Life is like a game where in a limited time you have to figure out what you want to do and do it and have fun at the same time.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow I should not have started this thread or asked any questions.

Why not, or rather, why did you start that thread in the first place? If you haven't found the answer yet, you won't find it in a Windows Phone forum. If you want a real definite answer, you should most likely ask any kind of religion, they can provide them. And I don't mean that in a bad way, everybody has to find his own answer, and if religion is the one, that's as fine as every other one.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It may never happen but I would like to see more peace in the world which would make me very glad to see. I like what Bill Gates is doing with his foundation and other organisation as well like British Heart Foundation.

Because I'm young 17 I say my main purpose right now is too learn more and will be doing a degree course with IT in my own time (after work) independent learning which is with the open university. This will involves a variety of modules to complete, the main one will be Cisco networking which is learning about networking (Cisco mainly) and using Cisco System I'm very excited to start right away. :excited:

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well for me my religion is everything in my life. Its like a flawless navigation system, it guides me through my life and makes sure I don't run into obstacles! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon