Simcity 5 and & SC2: Heart of the Swarm

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
OMG I can't wait!!! Tuesday for SC5 and then SC2:HotS the Tuesday afterwards!!!!

Anyone else excited?

My Battletag is Castiel#1443
My Origin ID is CastielRed

if anyone want to play up =D!!

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm very excited for Heart of the Swarm. I really liked the story in Wings of Liberty (don't think it was nearly as good as the story in the original StarCraft + Brood War, but I digress) and I'm excited to see it continue.

What I am most excited about for what it adds to multiplayer aren't the new units (I play Zerg and it seems like they're just adding back in abilities from units they removed that used to be in the original StarCraft), but some of the new features. The ability to watch the same replay with others is exciting, as is the ability to actually launch into that replay at any point and "rewrite history" by playing the game from that point. My brother and I will be utilizing that to maximize our strategies as we tweak them and see what works and what doesn't. Heck, if I'm out of time and want to pick up a game on some other day, we can just quit and resume from the end of the replay later (assuming a match between my brother or some friends) It's also great that you can use that same feature to reload and continue from a game if your connection was dropped or something.

I'm also excited that they are bringing "back" Global Play. I met my best friend through StarCraft back in 1998. He lives in Sweden. We've only each been able to visit the other once in person so, needless to say, we haven't been able to play StarCraft II together. FINALLY Blizzard has realized the error of its ways and is about to unlock the regional restrictions, finally! It doesn't bother me that stats are tracked separately in each region - I can work with that.

I remember playing SimCity when I was much younger... I might give the new version a shot. It looks like it could be good :)

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for HotS for the storyline to be honest, I just really want to know what will happen to Sarah!!! I find her storyline tragic and hope that they do justice for her ending in one form or another although I wish Tricia Helfer did a better job voice acting her emotions

I think it's really silly of Blizzard to even have region restrictions in the first place as well but I've never really play multiplayer after finishing the storyline. Not good of a player sadly =/.

Simcity5:
For the new version I like the idea of going out of the box from it's normal single player and into multiplayer where you can either cooperate with each other to build a glorious region. I saw some game plays on it and it looks marvelous!!!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it's really silly of Blizzard to even have region restrictions in the first place as well but I've never really play multiplayer after finishing the storyline. Not good of a player sadly =/.
Me and my brother aren't really "good" either, despite how long we've been playing... that's a good enough reason for me to welcome the addition of unranked play with HotS (helps to rid of all the people who play so seriously that they fail to see the fun in the game sometimes). We should play a match sometime after the game releases :) My BattleTag is Mystictrust and my unique identifier is 1257 (which is silly, because I guarantee I'm the only Mystictrust on battle.net. If I could create an xbox gamertag in 2008 that was simply Mystictrust with no numbers or X's in it, then you know it's unique everywhere)

I won't comment any further on Sarah Kerrigan to prevent spoilers (other than wondering how different things would have been for the Zerg if Mengsk wasn't such a prick), but I really wish they stuck with Glynnis Talken over Tricia Helfer for SCII... I agree in a lack of emotion there, and the overall sound of the new voice just irks me. Maybe Glynnis would have cost more or maybe her voice aged or they just decided to go a new direction... but I still say they should have kept the original. It's like taking the Kerrigan out of Kerrigan... you just don't do that if the original voice actor WANTS to reprise the role and shows up to "audition" for it. Particularly not for a game with a following as large as the StarCraft series has.

Last edited:

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
added request! Usually I'm on D3 for the time being.

I actually just updated my SC2 and they changed the menu screen there's a "clan" option now!

I know lol she just sounds so out of place, flat toned. I definitely think anyone would have been better or someone that was a veteran in voice acting that just a pretty model > actress that starred in BSG >.>

Mine's Castiel#1443 if anyone else wanna play too!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember my GT atm. But I'm a GW2 person mostly, but also play WoW a fair bit, not been on D3/SC2 in AGES... still can't beat the first level of SC2 on the easiest difficulty...

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Will Sim City 5 work on the surface Pro?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

It may, these are the requirements

MininumRecommended
Operating SystemWindows XP/Vista/7Windows 7
CPUAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or betterIntel Core i5 or faster
Memory2GB4GB
Harddrive12GB
GraphicsATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better nVidia 7800 or better. Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better. Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better supportnVidia GTX 275 or better, or ATI 5850 or Better

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's being shipped!!! SO EXCITED!!!

haha have fun dude. I felt the same way while waiting for my Mass Effect 3 Collector's edition to ship.

Sim City 5 seems interesting, but I already have Anno 2070 so don't think I can split time with those two games. Maybe some time in the near future I might give it another look. I've been seeing some early reports about people having to wait in a queue because the servers are busy. Hope that gets fixed asap for those who want to play.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've heard mixed reviews of SimCity 5. I'm seriously re-thinking getting this one. I heard they pretty well choke you on space. I don't know, I'm going to give it a few months before I decide, probably.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I've heard mixed reviews of SimCity 5. I'm seriously re-thinking getting this one. I heard they pretty well choke you on space. I don't know, I'm going to give it a few months before I decide, probably.

Yes, the city areas seem pretty small. Don't let you fool you though, there is lots more that's going on in that smaller space!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they city size is smaller than the previous version of the game but you can actually play all the cities within your region at the same time if you wanted to! Plus I don't think an average comp can handle all that simulated and graphics details.

Even know on this gaming laptop, SimCity4 still lags a bit after getting so huge >.>

Besides it's fun to play with others and friends! Help or DESTROY THEM ALL!!!

Btw I'm still waiting for my package to be picked up by the post office to be delivered to me...I'm thinking of just getting the digital copy since I can just return the package to the store when it comes >.> I want to play!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss