What is your favorite desktop browser?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use safari on my Mac, and a mix between IE, and believe or not Firefox has zero compatibility issues while IE 10 does.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had compatibility issues with Firefox for Linux.

I have only had problems with IE and not firefox, the only issues with firefox with Windows and MAC is that it does crash every once in a while...Safari and IE do not crash, only in IE some of the older websites do not work, even if I click on the capability button on the URL bar.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My favorite browser is Chrome but IE10 is set as my default browser. I sometimes try to use only IE and I like that you can pin websites to the taskbar, but Chrome's ease of use, bookmark syncing and add-on support always pulls me back in. Additionally, I find that some websites have compatibility issues with IE.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Now that I figured how to use TPL, and that Flash is now enabled fully, I no longer see the need for Firefox.. It's been a good 8 years using you.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On my PC, I have IE 10, Firefox and Chrome installed. Firefox is my default, and my goto. Although, I have been using IE10 a lot more. I really don't like Chrome all that much. It's installed on my desktop, but I don't even bother on my laptop.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome, chrome and chrome.The only thing I don't like about it is that it always keeps the apps you download. IE gives you the option to just save an app , save it and run it or simply run it.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Chrome and ie. Chrome because of the extensions like adblock. ie because some websites still don't support chrome.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Mostly Firefox (because of extensions and customizations and also because of a habit of using it for many years). IE only when absolutely necessary (its limitations are unacceptable for my personal needs). I've tried Chrome and it is undoubtedly the fastest one, but FF works good enough for my needs, even with dozens of tabs open whole day, so I see no good reason to use Chrome.

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Mozilla, I just always used it on my families computer growing up.

But my ex prefers it, and he's a computer nerd so I figured it must be good for something.

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I love Google's Chrome browser and it is my default, despite how I feel in general about the company. Perfect mixture of compatibility, speed, design, etc.

I do use IE11 when I am in tablet mode with my YOGA as the touch support is unbeatable.

I would like to either see IE11 step up their web engine or for Google to invest more heavily in a touch version of Chrome (that works).

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Mostly Firefox (because of extensions and customizations and also because of a habit of using it for many years). IE only when absolutely necessary (its limitations are unacceptable for my personal needs). I've tried Chrome and it is undoubtedly the fastest one, but FF works good enough for my needs, even with dozens of tabs open whole day, so I see no good reason to use Chrome.

I bet you are a desktop user?

I use IE as main browser. Love the touch interface. Occasionally use Chrome especially when I want to use plugin like Java.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Firefox for years now.

Although Ive been thinking that maybe I should try to switch to IE. Isnt synced tabs etc coming soon, so it would beneficial to use it also in desktop? Im not sure though will IE be able to give me same extensions etc as Firefox.

Chrome is a no no for me because of Google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon