That feeling when you meet fellow WP8 Users

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my experience today where I saw a guy holding the Samsung Ativ S in one of my classes. I have the HTC 8X but I have to say... That screen looks flippin' GORGEOUS! The facebook app looked so different on his phone than on mine. It just felt different on a huge and colorful screen. Made me kinda jealous. But I'm more of a music person so I love my phone for that :). I digress though. I've only seen so far 2 WP8 users here in Montreal with me!! One Nokia Lumia 920 while commuting and this Ativ S user. It's awesome how we all have diff flagship phones but still :p Wanted to know what other people's experiences are like too so please do share haha.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've seen WPs in the wild here in Vegas. What excites me more is when family and friends actually notice my phone, even with a case, and asks if that's a the new "Lumia" or is that a "Windows Phone?" Whether you love or hate MS's and it's partner's advert campaigns, they are working! People are noticing...

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I've still to experience this feeling too. Undeterred, I show others my WP8 phone anyway. Without fail they are all awestruck (seriously), then they look at me as if I'm a bit weird and am showing them a novelty phone. They don't know quite what to make of it. No worry, our time will come...maybe.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was at work and a guy came into the elevator, holding a white 920 and he saw my black 920 and he was like "the phone is great isn't it?" lol its like we are part of a secret resistance lol.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was at work and a guy came into the elevator, holding a white 920 and he saw my black 920 and he was like "the phone is great isn't it?" lol its like we are part of a secret resistance lol.

I legit laughed at this. So true! When someone else has a windows phone, we will greet each other, no matter what the circumstance is! Hahahaha :D

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I see them everywhere in Seattle. I at least see a customer a day with one.

Lumia 900 or 920 are the most popular followed by the 8x.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Imagine my surprise when my mother in law who flew in this week to stay with us (shudder) for a week, was sporting an 822 she just got last week. Even better is hearing her ooohhhh and ahhhhh as I show her how to use the thing (she's coming from a POS mid-range Android).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had someone oooh and ahhhh over my phone today... but unfortunately it wasn't over my Lumia 920. The guy was behind the counter at McDonald's, and he was very impressed when I used my Nexus 4 to pay for my meal!

I've never seen a Windows Phone in the wild except for a guy that works for Verizon. Like me, he carries both a WP8 and an Android.

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
A dude at my college sporting a orange Lumia 920 outside of one of the buildings, he saw my 8x in my hand we nodded each other as we passed by waving our phones and each other. We didn't look back bad***.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel as though us as WP users are the most rare species than those of other brands that when we're spotted out in the open it's like a celebration of MAGNIFICENT, BRING OUT THE RAINBOW UNICORNS!!!

tumblr_lzejndIkOw1qea7tao1_1280.jpg

Actually I'm planning on getting all the colour of the rainbow in Lumias, so 5 more years to go I guess

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i love that feeling!!! and at my highschool everyone is like is that the new windows phone??? and im like yes, yes it is and start showing them the awesome camera, the nfc, the high quality screen, and they love that mine is red, they always ask if its a case! lol but i hate when people say "is that the new lumiNA??" lol

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
In my circle of work and play no one carries the Nokia Wp platform, however one coworker did notice my 920 and said " ah you got that Nokia windows phone, how is it?" I had it on the qi charger he seemed impressed by that lil detail.. If I run into someone with a Winphone strangely I will strike up small talk, or bust out the beast and wait for their response.. Lol..

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
In San Ramon California at my middle school, whenever I take out my 822 the reaction is usually always either "is that the windows phone" or "hey, that's a windows phone! I have one too!" ;)

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few in the wild. In my building at work a woman with a 900, said she was a longtime Nokia fan. A developer friend of mine has a 920. A kid at church has a focus. There's another guy, tennis player, with an l900. One of my best friends has a galaxy sii with Verizon and I've been talking up the potential l928 rumors.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo