01-15-2015 01:58 AM
357 12345 ...
tools
    lolsssssss, dumb people

I had someone today look at my phone, this is the conversation.

Women - What's that,
    Me - Its my phone,
    Women - But it not iphone,
    Me - I know, its a Nokia Windows Phone,
    Women - That's not an iphone,
    Me - I know,
    Women - Why do you have that?
    Me - Because its the phone I like,
    Women - (shakes head while walking off) But its not iphone tho...

Lol grrrrr
    HeyItsSerelet likes this.
    04-05-2013 10:18 AM
    When I upgraded to Lumia 920, I told my friend and his comments were

Friend: Why didn't you take iphone?
    Me: Because I don't like it
    Friend: But you should have taken iphone
    Me: If I don't like it then how can I take it
    Friend: iPhone is better
    Me: Do you know anything about L920
    Friend: No
    Me: Then how can you compare iphone with a product about which you don't know anything
    Friend: But you should have bought iphone (walked away)
    04-05-2013 10:28 AM
    When I first got my WP8 phone, I couldn't find the tasks, so I bought a tasks app. Later I discovered the tasks were in the calendar app under "to-do's." Doh! The sad thing is it was actually a possibility in my mind that the shipped the thing without a tasks capability. The dialer doesn't have speed dial, the calendar can't look at weeks, the PDF handling capability sucked, etc. Both I and the platform have come a long way since then (November.)
    04-05-2013 10:46 AM
    I have the Cyan L920 and people ask me what kind of case I have since my phone is blue...I guess except Nokia everyone else makes black and white phones..
    unstoppablekem and ArthJar like this.
    04-05-2013 11:18 AM
    Guy at potluck: Is that that new Nokia? (yea he said that twice)
    Me: Yea *call pops up on phone*
    Guy: Oh damn that call screen is swag.
    Me: Yea.. Wait what?
    Guy: How it bounces up and down with the picture. That's nice. I'd cop one, but you know its all new. No apps and s***.

I took a pic with him and his girl on my phone when he asked to take one with his phone. Photobeam'd it to him. Dude couldn't believe it how good it looked.
    cedarlog, xpxp2002 and Dadstar0410 like this.
    04-05-2013 11:18 AM
    lol these robotic conversation from iSheep's are so amusing to read :]
    04-05-2013 11:23 AM
    Once had a conversation with a redneck about my Lumia 920 phone. Told me how he thought Chinese and Japanese phones are all crap, just like their cars.

I told him Nokia is Finnish.

<Silence.> I don't think he knew what country Finnish was.

I cant comment on his car's statement.
    04-05-2013 12:29 PM
    lol these robotic conversation from iSheep's are so amusing to read :]
    I love reading them too . Its great having a phone that's a little different, its so true that most ppl don't like change or something not the norm.
    I cant wait for the price of the Nokia Lumia 620 shells to come down in price. Once they are cheap enough i will be buying all of them, a different colour every day just to have isheep asking is that yet another new phone lol.
    04-05-2013 12:48 PM
    I remember showing my friend my HTC Radar at the time, and we were kinda waiting on a load screen to play some vidjagames. And I like putting comic book covers as wallpapers, so I started showing him some things, and why DC New 52 is err, cool.

So, he started flipping through my images and he said, "I'm surprised pictures load so fast."

He's an Android fanboy. But its just where.. I mean, they're pictures. He had fun just flicking through those pictures, its just that he wondered why my WP works at all. If its not an Android, why should it work well at all?
    agm353 likes this.
    04-05-2013 01:13 PM
    Once had a conversation with a redneck about my Lumia 920 phone. Told me how he thought Chinese and Japanese phones are all crap, just like their cars.

I told him Nokia is Finnish.

<Silence.> I don't think he knew what country Finnish was.

I cant comment on his car's statement.
    Hahah, stupid people. Chinese and Japanese products, people and phones are very different indeed, Japan doesn't make a windows phone however :( I often compare windows phones to Lexus, in the sense that both are very good high quality products which are very underrated, however customers of both products know how good what they have is and don't shout about it. People with both a Lexus and windows phone think they are the best on the whole, and have a highest satisfaction, if that makes sense.
    MrA2Z likes this.
    04-05-2013 05:47 PM
    People with both a Lexus and windows phone think they are the best on the whole, and have a highest satisfaction, if that makes sense.
    Haha! It's funny, because my mom has a Lexus and and Lumia 920. :)
    04-05-2013 06:41 PM
    Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...
    did you know to turn the calculator to landscape mode for more options?
    04-05-2013 06:48 PM
    Everyone asks me that about my 8X as well. Windows Phones just look good.

I have the Cyan L920 and people ask me what kind of case I have since my phone is blue...I guess except Nokia everyone else makes black and white phones..
    04-05-2013 06:57 PM
    Bunch of coworkers at lunch along with someone's friend check their iPhones. I take out my WP7 and the friend goes "oh here comes the Android phone."
    Co worker corrects Mr. Friend, "Actually that's a Windows Phone." to which he replies, "haha did MS pay you to get that?"

I just said, "It's really the best phone I've ever owned."

Silence.
    Blu3V3nom07, xpxp2002 and agm353 like this.
    04-05-2013 07:27 PM
    i pulled out my brand new Lumia 620 at my boyfriend's house and his brother, who owns an iPhone, was like:

bf brother: what is that?
    me: its WP8!
    bf brother: i didn't even know that existed!

i think it's amazing how iSheeps can't get out of their Apple bubble <3 the only other OS they recognize (poorly) is Android lol
    ohhh what iPhone has done to pplz...created a whole new generation of stupid ignorant fools <3 and that shows in their arguments!
    04-05-2013 08:16 PM
    Haha! It's funny, because my mom has a Lexus and and Lumia 920. :)
    My dad has a Lexus....hahahaha
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    04-05-2013 10:11 PM
    So my two cousins are big iSheep, and just got iPhone 5's. They know nothing about other phones, and laughed at my yellow 920. So they think their iPhones are so much better.

So I ask them, give me a few features that are better on your iPhone than my phone. Here is what they said (it took them two minutes to actually say something, because they know nothing about my phone).

Them: Well, I have FaceTime.
    Me: Ya, and I have Skype.
    Them: Ya, but that is not the same, because it is Skype and not FaceTime.
    Me: Why is FaceTime better?
    Them: Well it works with everyone who has an iPhone, and everyone has an iPhone, so ya.
    Me: (facepalms in his mind)
    Them: Oh, I got 4G LTE! (thinks they are so cool)
    Me: Ya, I've had that for a year (as I had a 900 before)...
    Them: Well, mines better.
    Them: Oh, I got iMessage.
    Me: Okay...
    Them: It is like the best, as anyone with an iPhone can use it.
    Me: (in my head: You clueless iSheep)
    04-05-2013 11:33 PM
    Hahah, stupid people. Chinese and Japanese products, people and phones are very different indeed, Japan doesn't make a windows phone however :( .
    Uh....Fujitsu has a WP7 phone, the IS12T
    04-05-2013 11:57 PM
    It is so old though. And it was only available in Japan.
    04-06-2013 12:25 AM
    It is so old though. And it was only available in Japan.
    I know, but they did in fact 'make a windows phone' was all I was pointing out.
    04-06-2013 12:32 AM
    Was that the Toshiba Fuji one? That could have had some success over seas, the specs were quite good I think...
    04-06-2013 03:21 AM
    Stupid person. How can you even come back from that?
    People like that really annoy me, ignore the fact that she is insinuating that only iPhone are good phones but that is pure snob value, because it doesn't have either a chrome of illuminating Apple on the back of it, somehow means that any other phone is inferior. Apple is nearly the Gucci of gadgets, just because it has a fancy logo means they can charge 6 and 7 times the price of what the product is actually worth.
    04-06-2013 06:25 AM
    People like that really annoy me, ignore the fact that she is insinuating that only iPhone are good phones but that is pure snob value, because it doesn't have either a chrome of illuminating Apple on the back of it, somehow means that any other phone is inferior. Apple is nearly the Gucci of gadgets, just because it has a fancy logo means they can charge 6 and 7 times the price of what the product is actually worth.
    that's basically why i hate Apple: the way their products are overpriced! here in Brazil, iPhone 5 costs around 2500 reais and trust me, this is a LOT of money for a phone! a LOT of money just to FB/Instagram everyday!

but that's what Apple became: status! pplz pay the price just to say "i have an iPhone" and they become snob thinking everything else is sh*t!

i never thought iOS to be bad....i just hate how Apple created a generation who pays for an expensive fancy logo just to think they are better than everyone else! and don't even get me started on how clueless and ignorant iSheeps are...

pretty much why i'm anti-Apple lol not because of the OS but because of overprice and stupid users!

p.s: yeah i know Android and WP also has stupid users but they tend to be a lot less clueless than iSheeps
    04-06-2013 07:37 AM
    "What iPhone is that?" - that's my boss, in a pub after work last night. I want to quit end of this month.
    N_LaRUE, neJANIS, BIGPADDY and 2 others like this.
    04-06-2013 07:46 AM
    When I was showing off my new Lumia amongst my friends, one of them quickly installed a WP8 launcher and told me it was a bad decision to spend so much on a new phone when I could have got the same effect on a much cheaper Android for free!
    I actually used Launcher7 on my old Android, and to be honnest, I liked the editing options it gave me. One of them was to change the text color of the tiles. So if I had bright yellow, I could make the text black. Looked SUPER sexy. However on Wp8, I only use Dark colors cause white on a light live tile gives me a head ache. I seriously hope they give us MORE customization options :(
    04-06-2013 07:54 AM
357 12345 ...