01-15-2015 01:58 AM
357 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Almost everyone of my friend have tried my phone and find it cool. Yet find reasons to not buying a WP.
    Most of them just want to be 'safe'. That's the exact word many have given me. I've to agree with them as myself has recommended many non-tech people to just get an iPhone and done with. To be honest, I don't want them to come back and ask me why one or other app is not available.
    04-10-2013 11:36 AM
    Yep, I used to be the biggest Apple fanboy in the world. This was before the 4S came out and everyone had iPhones.

Then I saw the light and color out of the dark iCave.
    Same here. In the past I owned an iPhone 3GS, 4, and 4S. I also had a MBP (later traded for a MBA), and I had the iPad 2 and then upgraded it to the 3. I was definitely completely entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. But when Windows Phone 7 first came out, I was intrigued. I loaded it up on my HD2 I had kept around for tinkering with Android. When Mango rolled around, I decided to make the jump and buy the Radar. I loved it. And then this past November, I swapped my iPad for a Surface RT and I haven't looked back. And while my Vaio runs Win8, I still use my MBA as my daily driver. But I can definitely say MS did something right as I replaced my Apple mobile devices with Windows 8 RT/Windows Phone. I still prefer my Mac for my computer, but I would never trade my Surface or 8X for anything. (though I would consider swapping my 8X for the Nokia Catwalk when it is released)
    04-10-2013 02:08 PM
    I wished I had these kind of experience, I would own them so hardcore but unfortunately everyone takes my advice / words. Been converting since 2012
    abel920, willied, ArthJar and 2 others like this.
    04-10-2013 04:20 PM
    Today on a bus a friend i haven't seen in years got chatting to me. My phone rung and after answering it and hanging up my friend laughed out loud and said, "ha ha my god, a Nokia, how ancient is that!!"
    He noticed the Nokia name at the top of my 6 weeks old Nokia Lumia 620. I told him its a new phone out and i went on and showed him some of its features including cinema graph. He was amazed he said it was smoother than his iphone and wouldn't believe me that it was just 129 to buy out right. He thought it was a contract phone that you had to partially pay for and pay a ton of money monthly.
    04-11-2013 04:32 PM
    I wished I had these kind of experience, I would own them so hardcore but unfortunately everyone takes my advice / words. Been converting since 2012
    :)

Ya, I have converted 15 people into getting windows phones, and some got another windows phone because their contract ran up. My grandma had a Dvp, then got the red 920.
    Muessig and Wilguens Joachin like this.
    04-12-2013 12:15 AM
    :)

Ya, I have converted 15 people into getting windows phones, and some got another windows phone because their contract ran up. My grandma had a Dvp, then got the red 920.
    I was about to brag about how many people I've convinced to buy Windows Phones, but then I realized none of them bought one...but on the bright side for Nokia, they're aiming for the 920!
    04-12-2013 12:53 AM
    Got another one the other day from a co-worker... I know you can afford an iphone5, why did you go with THAT phone? (emphasis THAT)

Somehow that loaded question somehow implied 1) Iphone is the best based on price. 2) Cellphone snobbery 3) iSheep indoctrination 4) Elitism (fanboyism- see 2)

I responded It was the best phone for ME. It's fun for me and my kids. IOS has matured, but is showing the same boring, dated UI, and novelty is gone. IiPhone 5 added an extra row for icons? Big whoop! also having an Iphone no longer has class distinction, which I was inferring.
    04-12-2013 09:05 AM
    Me and a friend (she uses an S3) were walking. Then my batchmate who loves showing off his iPhone 5 (it's filled with useless crap and it lags) saw my 8S and said, ew, that is the ugliest case I have ever seen. He said I think my iPhone is even faster than the S3 of my friend. So then he said that it is faster and he got my phone, and he said haha, this is just a video, that's why it's fast.

-facepalm-

The next week my classmate who uses the S3 got a pink 620. She loves it. (9th person converted to WP)

But in the tablet side, it was more funny. My classmate booted his all new iPad 4 and showed off his "retina display" by playing Candy Crush.
    So I took my Surface Pro out, launched TF2 and then literally dropped the surface on his iPad.
    He still said "there's no candy crush on this."

ISheep in my school everywhere.
    04-12-2013 09:09 AM
    Those moments when someone's at your house, and you go to plug your Windows Phone (8) into your Windows 8 PC, and they ask:

"That's a Windows Phone, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Does it work with Windows?"

Those moments.
    04-12-2013 10:12 AM
    Hope they make a surface pro 2 with nvidia graphics. Now that would blow the ipad away.
    04-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Yesterday, after I took some pics (which are gorgeous thanks to 720), someone told me my phone looks awesome and asked if it is really Nokia or just a rip off.

Some people are still ignorant of Lumia. :/
    abel920 and sumton like this.
    04-14-2013 12:50 AM
    Me and a friend (she uses an S3) were walking. Then my batchmate who loves showing off his iPhone 5 (it's filled with useless crap and it lags) saw my 8S and said, ew, that is the ugliest case I have ever seen. He said I think my iPhone is even faster than the S3 of my friend. So then he said that it is faster and he got my phone, and he said haha, this is just a video, that's why it's fast.

-facepalm-

The next week my classmate who uses the S3 got a pink 620. She loves it. (9th person converted to WP)

But in the tablet side, it was more funny. My classmate booted his all new iPad 4 and showed off his "retina display" by playing Candy Crush.
    So I took my Surface Pro out, launched TF2 and then literally dropped the surface on his iPad.
    He still said "there's no candy crush on this."

ISheep in my school everywhere.
    Couldn't you load up the web version of candy crush?
    04-17-2013 07:49 AM
    I haven't had any...well actually I just remember one from a carrier store. The MANAGER asked, " why do you want a Windows Phone when a Galaxy SIII is so much better? Not that he should have just tried to sell any phone so he could have a sale, but no convince me that one of the products you're selling is not sufficient...i guess I wasn't surprised, but I did leave the store without purchasing anything!

On the contrary, a stranger commented, "That's a beautiful phone!" and a relative of mine that thought that Android phones were the only 'real' phones out there says, "Oh my God I want this phone!!!" each time I let her hold it. (Yes, I said let...) ;)
    04-17-2013 03:14 PM
    Yesterday, after I took some pics (which are gorgeous thanks to 720), someone told me my phone looks awesome and asked if it is really Nokia or just a rip off.

Some people are still ignorant of Lumia. :/

I think what they meant was that there are a lot of knock off Lumias (on eBay and other sites). So I think they may have been asking if it was the real deal. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-17-2013 05:21 PM
    I had someone look over at my at my phone recently and they said, that phone is beautiful, how did you get it to look like that..
    They had an Android and hadn't seen a Windows Phone.
    I'm still surprised that people have never seen Live Tiles as the phones are advertised alot on UK television.
    Laura Knotek and Mahdi Ghiasi like this.
    04-18-2013 01:27 AM
    They always say "how many megapixels is the camera"... *facepalm*
    04-18-2013 03:46 AM
    I was asked by a 16 yr old girl what kind of phone I had (920). She said it looked really cool.

When I replied it was a Windows Phone, her faced turned sour and she said "Oh those things are so slow and buggy. And my friend said they get the blue screen of death."
    I told her it was smooth and didn't get the BSOD, that was just a lie haters told. I showed her how smooth it was. I also told her that Android phones were the slow, buggy phones, not WP.

Then she said "Oh well those phones are for little kids or nerds. IPhone is more professional and business like. That's why I use it!"
    I was like wow, she went full retard on me.
    After that comment I just told her it was obvious she was clueless and I walked away.

I use a yellow lumia 920 for both business and personal. Noone has ever commented on how 'Unprofessional" it is. If anything ive got two responses. WOW! so beautiful. Or. Its nice... But i dont like yellow.
    04-18-2013 04:19 AM
    A guy in my class saw me using my white/blue Lumia 710 and asked to have a look. He's one of those 'its not a phone unless it's an iphone' people, so it didn't surprise me when he said 'its like they copied everything from the iphone.'

You know. Because the 710 and the iPhone are so similar looking and all.
    Mahdi Ghiasi and neo158 like this.
    04-18-2013 04:31 AM
    Make sure you don't buy a "Lamia".
    I think what they meant was that there are a lot of knock off Lumias (on eBay and other sites). So I think they may have been asking if it was the real deal. :)
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    04-18-2013 04:32 AM
    I can't believe my friend from another country said this: "Windows Phone? Apple should make an OSX Phone"

And my classmate who was using the iPad saw the Surface commercial. So, he tried to mimic the Surface that was dangling from the cover.
    ...I wonder if Apple would put a warning that would say "Do not dangle tablet from cover", my friend was crying over a pile of cracked glass and aluminum worth Php 45k (128GB model)
    04-18-2013 10:16 PM
    I can't believe my friend from another country said this: "Windows Phone? Apple should make an OSX Phone"

And my classmate who was using the iPad saw the Surface commercial. So, he tried to mimic the Surface that was dangling from the cover.
    ...I wonder if Apple would put a warning that would say "Do not dangle tablet from cover", my friend was crying over a pile of cracked glass and aluminum worth Php 45k (128GB model)
    You should have warned him in advance before he broke it.
    04-18-2013 10:41 PM

and THAT kids, is why you never go full ****** '-'

i'm still confused about your friend who said Apple should make an OSX Phone...can someone rly be that stupid? .-.
    Last edited by nessinhaw; 04-19-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Tribu likes this.
    04-19-2013 12:09 AM
    and THAT kids, is why you never go full retard '-'

i'm still confused about your friend who said Apple should make an OSX Phone...can someone rly be that stupid? .-.
    Yo you can't use the 'R' word here!
    04-19-2013 12:13 AM
    and THAT kids, is why you never go full retard '-'

r-word.org ..
    04-19-2013 01:09 AM
    Yo you can't use the 'R' word here!
    oh i'm sorry D: i was just using a famous quote for when pplz do stupid things >.<

edit: there, i censored it '-'
    04-19-2013 02:35 AM
357 ... 45678 ...