What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Other way round , they can download cracked versions of APK and install it. That is not allowed by WP and iOS. The android market place is also full of paid apps. There are good number of free and fully functional trials (ad supported) apps in marketplace

Oh I know, but no one wants to do that. They go on the store and see "$9.99" for Weave and get all pissed without even noticing the Try option.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I might be in the minority here, but i've always thought the name itself is a large part of the problem, illustrated by what your boyfriends roommate said. The average user sees the name 'Windows' and they most likely think it's actually full blown Windows on a phone. The next thought their mind automatically jumps to is bloated, crashes, a taskbar, blue screens and various other Windows cliches.

Microsoft should have done what they did with Xbox, arguably their only 'cool' brand, and have the name have nothing to do with Microsoft or Windows. They usually design their software and tag it with various rather cool sounding code names, and then change it to the long winded generic stuff when it's released.

Maybe Windows Phone, like movie franchises, needs a reboot, complete with a new name. Probably never happen though.

Yes that i am sure would make all the difference. I think all new Windows Phones should be called Surface Phones. A nice multi million pound advertising campaign would do it.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My boyfriend's roommate has an iPhone 5. First time he saw my Lumia 810, he made some comments about how "unstable" Windows 8 is. I told him Windows Phone 8 isn't the same exact thing as Windows 8 per se... Also told him that I have no problems with the phone and that the only thing that tends to be unstable in it is Words with Friends. The funny thing is that now he's got a Windows 8 laptop for work and seems to love it. lol

If he is saying windows 8 in unstable he literally has not even seen windows phone 8 or windows 8 let alone tried it. Windows 8 is even more stable than windows 7 and that's saying something. WP8 being unstable? Those two words you never hear in the same sentence haahah.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This a nice one.

When I'm on hold, waiting for rep to get back to me. Why can't the phone play music while I'm on a call?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that I should be careful with those Live Tiles as you can get an electric shock.
Or can you get Neutral Tiles. 😃

You should be careful with those Live tiles as you may get electrocuted, you know from rubbing / touching the screen. That creates static, you know.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had someone today look at my phone, this is the conversation.

Women - What's that,
Me - Its my phone,
Women - But it not iphone,
Me - I know, its a Nokia Windows Phone,
Women - That's not an iphone,
Me - I know,
Women - Why do you have that?
Me - Because its the phone I like,
Women - (shakes head while walking off) But its not iphone tho...

Lol grrrrr

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Women - What's that,
Me - Its my phone,
Me - I know,

Lol grrrrr

Stupid person. How can you even come back from that?

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
lolsssssss, dumb people

Women - What's that,
Me - Its my phone,
Me - I know,

Lol grrrrr

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I upgraded to Lumia 920, I told my friend and his comments were

Friend: Why didn't you take iphone?
Me: Because I don't like it
Friend: But you should have taken iphone
Me: If I don't like it then how can I take it
Friend: iPhone is better
Me: Do you know anything about L920
Friend: No
Me: Then how can you compare iphone with a product about which you don't know anything
Friend: But you should have bought iphone (walked away)

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my WP8 phone, I couldn't find the tasks, so I bought a tasks app. Later I discovered the tasks were in the calendar app under "to-do's." Doh! The sad thing is it was actually a possibility in my mind that the shipped the thing without a tasks capability. The dialer doesn't have speed dial, the calendar can't look at weeks, the PDF handling capability sucked, etc. Both I and the platform have come a long way since then (November.)

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the Cyan L920 and people ask me what kind of case I have since my phone is blue...I guess except Nokia everyone else makes black and white phones..

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Guy at potluck: Is that that new Nokia? (yea he said that twice)
Me: Yea *call pops up on phone*
Guy: Oh damn that call screen is swag.
Me: Yea.. Wait what?
Guy: How it bounces up and down with the picture. That's nice. I'd cop one, but you know its all new. No apps and s***.

I took a pic with him and his girl on my phone when he asked to take one with his phone. Photobeam'd it to him. Dude couldn't believe it how good it looked.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Once had a conversation with a redneck about my Lumia 920 phone. Told me how he thought Chinese and Japanese phones are all crap, just like their cars.

I told him Nokia is Finnish.

<Silence.> I don't think he knew what country Finnish was.

I cant comment on his car's statement.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
lol these robotic conversation from iSheep's are so amusing to read :]

I love reading them too . Its great having a phone that's a little different, its so true that most ppl don't like change or something not the norm.
I cant wait for the price of the Nokia Lumia 620 shells to come down in price. Once they are cheap enough i will be buying all of them, a different colour every day just to have isheep asking is that yet another new phone lol.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I remember showing my friend my HTC Radar at the time, and we were kinda waiting on a load screen to play some vidjagames. And I like putting comic book covers as wallpapers, so I started showing him some things, and why DC New 52 is err, cool.

So, he started flipping through my images and he said, "I'm surprised pictures load so fast."

He's an Android ******. But its just where.. I mean, they're pictures. He had fun just flicking through those pictures, its just that he wondered why my WP works at all. If its not an Android, why should it work well at all?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Once had a conversation with a redneck about my Lumia 920 phone. Told me how he thought Chinese and Japanese phones are all crap, just like their cars.

I told him Nokia is Finnish.

<Silence.> I don't think he knew what country Finnish was.

I cant comment on his car's statement.

Hahah, stupid people. Chinese and Japanese products, people and phones are very different indeed, Japan doesn't make a windows phone however :( I often compare windows phones to Lexus, in the sense that both are very good high quality products which are very underrated, however customers of both products know how good what they have is and don't shout about it. People with both a Lexus and windows phone think they are the best on the whole, and have a highest satisfaction, if that makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium