What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...
did you know to turn the calculator to landscape mode for more options?

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Bunch of coworkers at lunch along with someone's friend check their iPhones. I take out my WP7 and the friend goes "oh here comes the Android phone."
Co worker corrects Mr. Friend, "Actually that's a Windows Phone." to which he replies, "haha did MS pay you to get that?"

I just said, "It's really the best phone I've ever owned."

Silence.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i pulled out my brand new Lumia 620 at my boyfriend's house and his brother, who owns an iPhone, was like:

bf brother: what is that?
me: its WP8!
bf brother: i didn't even know that existed!

i think it's amazing how iSheeps can't get out of their Apple bubble <3 the only other OS they recognize (poorly) is Android lol
ohhh what iPhone has done to pplz...created a whole new generation of stupid ignorant fools <3 and that shows in their arguments!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So my two cousins are big iSheep, and just got iPhone 5's. They know nothing about other phones, and laughed at my yellow 920. So they think their iPhones are so much better.

So I ask them, give me a few features that are better on your iPhone than my phone. Here is what they said (it took them two minutes to actually say something, because they know nothing about my phone).

Them: Well, I have FaceTime.
Me: Ya, and I have Skype.
Them: Ya, but that is not the same, because it is Skype and not FaceTime.
Me: Why is FaceTime better?
Them: Well it works with everyone who has an iPhone, and everyone has an iPhone, so ya.
Me: (facepalms in his mind)
Them: Oh, I got 4G LTE! (thinks they are so cool)
Me: Ya, I've had that for a year (as I had a 900 before)...
Them: Well, mines better.
Them: Oh, I got iMessage.
Me: Okay...
Them: It is like the best, as anyone with an iPhone can use it.
Me: (in my head: You clueless iSheep)

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Stupid person. How can you even come back from that?

People like that really annoy me, ignore the fact that she is insinuating that only iPhone are good phones but that is pure snob value, because it doesn't have either a chrome of illuminating Apple on the back of it, somehow means that any other phone is inferior. Apple is nearly the Gucci of gadgets, just because it has a fancy logo means they can charge 6 and 7 times the price of what the product is actually worth.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
People like that really annoy me, ignore the fact that she is insinuating that only iPhone are good phones but that is pure snob value, because it doesn't have either a chrome of illuminating Apple on the back of it, somehow means that any other phone is inferior. Apple is nearly the Gucci of gadgets, just because it has a fancy logo means they can charge 6 and 7 times the price of what the product is actually worth.

that's basically why i hate Apple: the way their products are overpriced! here in Brazil, iPhone 5 costs around 2500 reais and trust me, this is a LOT of money for a phone! a LOT of money just to FB/Instagram everyday!

but that's what Apple became: status! pplz pay the price just to say "i have an iPhone" and they become snob thinking everything else is sh*t!

i never thought iOS to be bad....i just hate how Apple created a generation who pays for an expensive fancy logo just to think they are better than everyone else! and don't even get me started on how clueless and ignorant iSheeps are...

pretty much why i'm anti-Apple lol not because of the OS but because of overprice and stupid users!

p.s: yeah i know Android and WP also has stupid users but they tend to be a lot less clueless than iSheeps

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
When I was showing off my new Lumia amongst my friends, one of them quickly installed a WP8 launcher and told me it was a bad decision to spend so much on a new phone when I could have got the same effect on a much cheaper Android for free!

I actually used Launcher7 on my old Android, and to be honnest, I liked the editing options it gave me. One of them was to change the text color of the tiles. So if I had bright yellow, I could make the text black. Looked SUPER sexy. However on Wp8, I only use Dark colors cause white on a light live tile gives me a head ache. I seriously hope they give us MORE customization options :(

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I love reading them too . Its great having a phone that's a little different, its so true that most ppl don't like change or something not the norm.
I cant wait for the price of the Nokia Lumia 620 shells to come down in price. Once they are cheap enough i will be buying all of them, a different colour every day just to have isheep asking is that yet another new phone lol.

Hahaha same :-D :p

Juzz Tianz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
"is your menu animated? That tile with lots of people's faces changing, my iPhone doesnt have it. What are you holding actually?"
I simply answered, "this is Lumia, and what you see is a Live Tile on my Start Screen."

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
that's basically why i hate Apple: the way their products are overpriced! here in Brazil, iPhone 5 costs around 2500 reais and trust me, this is a LOT of money for a phone! a LOT of money just to FB/Instagram everyday!

but that's what Apple became: status! pplz pay the price just to say "i have an iPhone" and they become snob thinking everything else is sh*t!

i never thought iOS to be bad....i just hate how Apple created a generation who pays for an expensive fancy logo just to think they are better than everyone else! and don't even get me started on how clueless and ignorant iSheeps are...

pretty much why i'm anti-Apple lol not because of the OS but because of overprice and stupid users!

p.s: yeah i know Android and WP also has stupid users but they tend to be a lot less clueless than iSheeps

I ffeel the same way here in the states. If IOS did not carry this fraudulent high value thing, it would be ok... I have had it, an might get another iPad due to all the apps I paid for, a couple were useful...

I just ignore peoples comments. Whether it is mac or PC, android or IOS... People are so ignorant sometimes.

I'm very comfortable in me, the way I dress, speak, live, etc... I enjoy smacking people around with... I have and in some cases still own them all... (Crickets chirping)... I STILL made my choice... Money wasn't an issue either.

My mac just sits, yet my windows 8 and 7 get the action... My mac is not old... I had two, but sold one... My iPad just sat there once I got my surface, but I sold it.

Usually those people either know nothing about Thor device and purchased because it was cool or if they are in the android camp (geeks like me) just want to tinker... Believe me I'm a tinkerer, but wp8 is a great smartphone... It just simply works. I am in and out... Not tinkering... No wasting time.

Bottom line, I love being on the outside, if WP went to the top, I may just makes be so I would be with the sheep.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
"What iPhone is that?" - that's my boss, in a pub after work last night. I want to quit end of this month.

Dude, I know it is annoying, but it is just a phone.

Just people know iPhone. Like my 75 year old great-aunt asked "Is that an iPhone?". It is annoying, but sometimes you can't argue.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
"is your menu animated? That tile with lots of people's faces changing, my iPhone doesnt have it. What are you holding actually?"
I simply answered, "this is Lumia, and what you see is a Live Tile on my Start Screen."
OMG I love the live tiles, an isheep was recently having a conversation about my phone lately and asking how certain things worked on it. He showed me sum stuff on his iphone and i showed how a Windows Phone handles similar things.
Windows Phone did alot of it so much smoother but he obviously wasn't having none of it. His argument about the live tiles for people and photos etc is, You cant stop them moving tho...
How do you respond to that, ppl r just nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo