What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
OMG I love the live tiles, an isheep was recently having a conversation about my phone lately and asking how certain things worked on it. He showed me sum stuff on his iphone and i showed how a Windows Phone handles similar things.
Windows Phone did alot of it so much smoother but he obviously wasn't having none of it. His argument about the live tiles for people and photos etc is, You cant stop them moving tho...
How do you respond to that, ppl r just nuts.
OK , Tell me how many people have moving things on their desktops ? I have seen almost none.When Windows 8 came , some of them tweaked and messed with some metro apps but now they don't use them anymore , they just use desktop apps now.Probably felt wow factor is gone now.

Lot of people hate the idea of live tiles because they are habituated to icons on their desktops and other devices.

Different people , Different tastes

Ratstorm

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The thing I keep hearing from Android users is that windows phone doesn't have background wallpapers. Even though the lock screen does, my brother hates WP due to this reason. Although he doesn't really like WP in general for other differences, but that one seems silly to me.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
The thing I keep hearing from Android users is that windows phone doesn't have background wallpapers. Even though the lock screen does, my brother hates WP due to this reason. Although he doesn't really like WP in general for other differences, but that one seems silly to me.
Whats the point of background wallpaper when 90% of it is covered by tiles ? I don't get this either.

And we also have white or black to choose from which gives it a clean look.

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Friend : "is that a Windows phone ?"
Me : "yup"
Friend : "Bet you get tons of blue screens ! Mhahaha"
Me : "I've owned a iPhone for 3 years. My lumia is the best smartphone I've ever had."
Friend : "whatever...Do you have Instagram ? How's Facebook ?"
Me : "no...The Facebook app is not great but some functions are parts of the OS so..."
Friend : "No Instagram or Facebook ? Proof your phone is rubbish !"

-_-
Said by an iSheep. I use some Apple products (iTunes is still my player of choice) but I've grown to dislike their consumers who most of the time are clueless about the products they own but feel so superior because of Apple PR campaign (which is actually awesome and very effective...From a PR's pov. I can only salute them for creating such a powerful brainwashing and making people happy by buying a product 3x its worth ).

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Spent a day out and about with a friend who has an iPhone...i proved him wrong on all his thoughts about WP, and I laughed the 3 times that he had to charge his battery. He syncs everything just like I do. He asked me if I needed to charge the battery on my 920, I said no I am good for at least another 24 to 36 hours! Lol
Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express

Juzz Tianz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
OMG I love the live tiles, an isheep was recently having a conversation about my phone lately and asking how certain things worked on it. He showed me sum stuff on his iphone and i showed how a Windows Phone handles similar things.
Windows Phone did alot of it so much smoother but he obviously wasn't having none of it. His argument about the live tiles for people and photos etc is, You cant stop them moving tho...
How do you respond to that, ppl r just nuts.

I actually worked at Apple Authorised Reseller as a repair support for Apple products, but even not all of my friends in my workplace uses iPhone. Well, I knew all the bad things about iPhone, and based on that, I never moved away from Microsoft. Since highschool I have used Windows and things from Microsoft, and it just feels right for me.
Taking a Windows Phone is not a wrong decision at all for me.
Let me tell you one thing, those iSheeps who buy things and stuffs for their iDevices at my place, they keep looking on my Lumia, and keep asking me why I dont use iPhone since I am working at an Apple AR. I only answered, iPhone doesnt fit with me, I have a Microsoft environment, and to be specific, I am happy with my Lumia cause of its OS smoothness. After I described that, another customer (who is going to be an iSheep) ask to borrow him my Lumia for a demo. Funny! He cancelled an iPhone, to rethink his decision to buy an iPhone. My store manager asks me not to show my Lumia again to customers. Hahaha

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually worked at Apple Authorised Reseller as a repair support for Apple products, but even not all of my friends in my workplace uses iPhone. Well, I knew all the bad things about iPhone, and based on that, I never moved away from Microsoft. Since highschool I have used Windows and things from Microsoft, and it just feels right for me.
Taking a Windows Phone is not a wrong decision at all for me.
Let me tell you one thing, those iSheeps who buy things and stuffs for their iDevices at my place, they keep looking on my Lumia, and keep asking me why I dont use iPhone since I am working at an Apple AR. I only answered, iPhone doesnt fit with me, I have a Microsoft environment, and to be specific, I am happy with my Lumia cause of its OS smoothness. After I described that, another customer (who is going to be an iSheep) ask to borrow him my Lumia for a demo. Funny! He cancelled an iPhone, to rethink his decision to buy an iPhone. My store manager asks me not to show my Lumia again to customers. Hahaha

Why not work at a MS store?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Spent a day out and about with a friend who has an iPhone...i proved him wrong on all his thoughts about WP, and I laughed the 3 times that he had to charge his battery. He syncs everything just like I do. He asked me if I needed to charge the battery on my 920, I said no I am good for at least another 24 to 36 hours! Lol
Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express
I was in a situation like this when I was traveling for work. Although at the time I was still on an Android phone. My two iSheep co-workers were frantically going at the one charge option in the car while my Droid was at 80% battery left and had been up over 12 hrs...

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Me : "I've owned a iPhone for 3 years. My lumia is the best smartphone I've ever had."
Me : "no...The Facebook app is not great but some functions are parts of the OS so..."

-_-
Said by an iSheep. I use some Apple products (iTunes is still my player of choice) but I've grown to dislike their consumers who most of the time are clueless about the products they own but feel so superior because of Apple PR campaign (which is actually awesome and very effective...From a PR's pov. I can only salute them for creating such a powerful brainwashing and making people happy by buying a product 3x its worth ).

I can not express how bad that is, the guy saying that because windows phone doesn't have Instagram; an app which will take and use your photos for advertising makes a pone rubbish And facebook? WP as you know has a dedicated hub, tile or app for that and it integrates facebook, outlook, Hotmail and all other accounts syncs beautifully and efficiently.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a very nice shiny lumia 820 which i love to bits, but i still get people saying
" NOKIA are they still around i though they stopped making those when the dinosaurs were alive......."

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

-_-
I have been seeing more Fandroids even more pathetic than iFans in recent times.Go to engadget or GSMA , you would understand.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why they are so happy and supportive of an OS that blatantly rips - off features from other platforms.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Whats the point of background wallpaper when 90% of it is covered by tiles ? I don't get this either.

And we also have white or black to choose from which gives it a clean look.

and the black feels so relaxing to the eyes, specially when using in dark rooms!

and yeah lately fandroids been getting worse too D:

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I can not express how bad that is, the guy saying that because windows phone doesn't have Instagram; an app which will take and use your photos for advertising makes a pone rubbish And facebook? WP as you know has a dedicated hub, tile or app for that and it integrates facebook, outlook, Hotmail and all other accounts syncs beautifully and efficiently.

I can understand their point of view though...What's the point of having cool a phone if it can't take a pic of food/feet/duckfaces and send it filtered to one of the biggest social networks ? Lots of casual users don't care about how smooth the OS is. They just care about Facebook, instagram and whatever is cool.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I was asked by a 16 yr old girl what kind of phone I had (920). She said it looked really cool.

When I replied it was a Windows Phone, her faced turned sour and she said "Oh those things are so slow and buggy. And my friend said they get the blue screen of death."
I told her it was smooth and didn't get the BSOD, that was just a lie haters told. I showed her how smooth it was. I also told her that Android phones were the slow, buggy phones, not WP.

Then she said "Oh well those phones are for little kids or nerds. IPhone is more professional and business like. That's why I use it!"
I was like wow, she went full retard on me.
After that comment I just told her it was obvious she was clueless and I walked away.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
- "What's that?"
*Doubted eyes*- "A phone?"
- "A laggy and cheap Android one? Is it Samsung?"
- "Dude, it's Nokia Lumia 920, and it runs Windows phone 8, not Android, and it isn't laggy"
*Smirk* - "Even more pathetic! What's in your mind to waste money on a dead platform which has no app and game anymore?"
*Shake head and walk away, act like feeling sorry for me*

Me from behind widely open my eyes, bad finger to him from his back and ask myself: "What the ****???". Then I feel sorry for him, truly in my heart. No, really truly.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG !!!
A women commented on my girlfriends Nokia Lumia 920.

Women - What phone is that.
GF - Nokia
Women - Which one.
GF - Nokia Lumia 920
Women - (shaking head) they are crap.
GF - How are they?
Women - That's the one that only takes dark photos.
GF - What do u mean?
Women - Well it only takes dark photos, how stupid is that. (she walks off with her iphone 5)

I kid you not! Unbelievable but true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99