What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
OMG !!!
A women commented on my girlfriends Nokia Lumia 920.

Women - What phone is that.
GF - Nokia
Women - Which one.
GF - Nokia Lumia 920
Women - (shaking head) they are crap.
GF - How are they?
Women - That's the one that only takes dark photos.
GF - What do u mean?
Women - Well it only takes dark photos, how stupid is that. (she walks off with her iphone 5)

I kid you not! Unbelievable but true.

oh no she didn't! this random women just didn't bash one of the best smartphone cameras around! without a single piece of argument!

i feel like punching iSheeps as clueless as this women to see if they grow some sense, it's just ridiculous -.-

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
oh no she didn't! this random women just didn't bash one of the best smartphone cameras around! without a single piece of argument!

i feel like punching iSheeps as clueless as this women to see if they grow some sense, it's just ridiculous -.-

Don't punch iSheep, use iShear and some Apple iFeed to keep them in their place - which is happily grazing on anything from Apple. Next thing you know Apple puts OIS in the iPhone 12 and say they invented it and the iSheep will bleat how true that is.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After describing the robust functionality of my phone, the flawless integration and seamless UI I was met with the response, "Well, I like the iPhone because it just works."

I could accept preferring the iPhone; it's undeniably a good phone. What I find annoying is the dismissive nature of the comment, the implication that everything else just sucks. And that's how Apple has sold their products for a long time, a message reinforced by the fanatics, because other than the industrial design it's hard to quantify what makes an iPhone better.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Most of you guys live in US? Im amazed where you met such people you're talking about here.
Met half retarded people in my life, but you guys find an absolute idiots, it's very impressive, would like to see few of these iSheep people.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Most of you guys live in US? Im amazed where you met such people you're talking about here.
Met half retarded people in my life, but you guys find an absolute idiots, it's very impressive, would like to see few of these iSheep people.

Well I use to run a mobile dvd delivery business, sum of the stupid ppl i use to meet on my round was unbelievable. Some of the stupid things they use to ask and come out with was really depressing sometimes, i use to just pretend they were just winding me up n putting an act on, its easier to believe that.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
One person saw my Start Screen on my Lumia 710 and ask where she can download it from to her Android phone. Another asked me what phone it is and when I answered Windows Phone, he said its outdated and I should get a newer phone. Few weeks back when I got a new Lumia 620, a friend of a friend saw my phone and ask where I did get the pretty green cover for my IPhone. I told her it's the original shell not a cover and it's a Nokia Windows Phone, not an IPhone. She then said "What a pity. Would have been better as a cover for my IPhone. Not everybody likes green." I could have explained to her that the phone comes in a variety of colors and the shell is replaceable but then I thought why bother? I don't think the concept can fit into her tiny little brain.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So I was hanging out at a store today and heard this...
Guy, "I want to add a line to my account for my gf, her ATT contract is up."
Rep, "Okay great! We have X, Y, and Z phones on sale right now."
Guy, "Honey you need to get the GS3 like me."
Girl, "I wanna look around a little bit."

So she goes over to the Windows Phone wall and is playing with the 8X. She's talking about how cool it is and how nicely it's built.

Guy, "Oh, that's a Windows Phone. They're totally junk. They're not even worth the parts they're made out of."
Rep, "Wow man, that's pretty harsh. Its actually really cool, just needs a few more apps."
Guy, "Microsoft has totally ruined everything with this metro crap. C'mon hun. Get the GS3."
I decided to chime in, "I have that HTC and it's the best phone I've ever carried, way better than the GS3 I have for work."
Girl, "I guess I'll just go with the S3. In black."

I was literally blown away. Like, you're so in bed with Google that you can't even let your girlfriend get a phone she likes, or at least let her get information about it?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

So she goes over to the Windows Phone wall and is playing with the 8X. She's talking about how cool it is and how nicely it's built.

Guy, "Oh, that's a Windows Phone. They're totally junk. They're not even worth the parts they're made out of."
Rep, "Wow man, that's pretty harsh. Its actually really cool, just needs a few more apps."
Guy, "Microsoft has totally ruined everything with this metro crap. C'mon hun. Get the GS3."
I decided to chime in, "I have that HTC and it's the best phone I've ever carried, way better than the GS3 I have for work."

I was literally blown away. Like, you're so in bed with Google that you can't even let your girlfriend get a phone she likes, or at least let her get information about it?

That's the part that really gets me. She's allowed to ask questions about a device that looks interesting to her. No need for the guy to dismiss the 8X just because he loves android so much. Let the rep do his/her job and explain the options available (especially since this one seems informed and isn't blindly bashing WP).

And the other part that annoys me is people complain about the metro styling, but I've noticed other companies incorporate some subtle metro inspired designs into their UI to give it a cleaner look. And of course the people that once dismissed metro on MS products will insist that it's great on whatever they use.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I would hope those two never get married. I'd expect the trip to divorce court would not take long if the guy is such a control freak.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was asked by a 16 yr old girl what kind of phone I had (920). She said it looked really cool.

When I replied it was a Windows Phone, her faced turned sour and she said "Oh those things are so slow and buggy. And my friend said they get the blue screen of death."
I told her it was smooth and didn't get the BSOD, that was just a lie haters told. I showed her how smooth it was. I also told her that Android phones were the slow, buggy phones, not WP.

Then she said "Oh well those phones are for little kids or nerds. IPhone is more professional and business like. That's why I use it!"
I was like wow, shull retard on me.
After that comment I just told her it was obvious she was clueless and I walked away.
I'm 17 and I'm more open-minded than her about phones.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
One person saw my Start Screen on my Lumia 710 and ask where she can download it from to her Android phone. Another asked me what phone it is and when I answered Windows Phone, he said its outdated and I should get a newer phone. Few weeks back when I got a new Lumia 620, a friend of a friend saw my phone and ask where I did get the pretty green cover for my IPhone. I told her it's the original shell not a cover and it's a Nokia Windows Phone, not an IPhone. She then said "What a pity. Would have been better as a cover for my IPhone. Not everybody likes green." I could have explained to her that the phone comes in a variety of colors and the shell is replaceable but then I thought why bother? I don't think the concept can fit into her tiny little brain.
Wow LOL, not even sure how to feel in your situation.
Aswell it's so sad that so much people brain washed by google and can't think clearly, personally i don't like GS3(So is GS4) it feels very cheap, but GS2 was nicelly built.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously reading this thread really make me worry about some people. The stupidity, ignorance and just damn right lacking of intelligence about these products. If someone doesn't know anything or enough about a product to cast judgement on it why do they still feel the need to do so? Because they have an iPhone which automatically makes them superior in everyway, or they have an android because that what everyone else has. Some people have no idea.

I have only had one scenario where someone dared to cast a bad opinion or incorrect viewpoint on my windows phone, everyone else admire them and thinks they are brilliant. Loads of people saying to me "oh when I get my contract upgrade I am getting a windows phone." They make that decision without even trying one, just by looking at me using on or playing around with the start screen they love them and think they are brilliant, and they'd be right!

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow LOL, not even sure how to feel in your situation.
, personally i don't like GS3(So is GS4) it feels very cheap, but GS2 was nicelly built.

My phone, the Ativ S is based in the S3 and I think it feels like a quality product. The finish and fell of the phone is better than the 920 I had which I thought felt cheap and better than the 8X, simply because the buttons give very good tactile feedback. Its a small point but it makes an impression. That's my opinion anyways. I think Samsung have actually improved on their build quality recently, around the S2 time is when I thought it dropped.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread is great. Some comedy gold moments reading through.

Couple of mornings ago on the train to work im sat down with my 8x reading through my people feed catching up on everything from overnight. Got a guy next to me with an iphone4 or 4s (cant tell the difference :wink:) Conversation went like this.

Guy "Hey is that the new HTC One phone"
Me " Nah Had this about 4 months"
Guy " Oh looks pretty new"
30 sec pause
Guy "What app is that your running looks pretty sweet having all your feeds in one list"
Me "its not an app its my people hub its part of the OS"
Guy "oh so that's that new facebook skin then"
Me "sorry I think your confusing this phone with android, this is a windows 8 phone"
Guy "ah that explains it then windows 8 has no apps right"
Me "Not true I have all the apps I need"
Guy "That's not what I heard you've not got instagram"
Me "Nope no instagram"
Guy "haha sucks to be you"
Me "Dude look at me, Do I look like the kind of person that would take pictures of my food or some random crap add a filter to it then post it up for the world to see"
Guy "No probably not"
2 minutes uninterrupted
Guy "So that phones pretty heavy right you look like you go to the gym guess you need to with that phone"
Me "No that would be the nokia 920 which actually weighs the same as your iphone4 in the otterbox case you've got it in"
Guy "That's not what I heard"
Me "I think its probably best you don't listen to everything you hear. You might not sound like an ***** more often"
Guy "Hey man your the ***** with the phone with no apps"
Me "Indeed"
Uninterrupted for about 5 mins. By this time ive finished with my people feed and am now doing a quick bit of work on a spreadsheet in excel.
Guy "Hey ive got an app for excel on my phone"
Me "This isn't an app its part of the OS, Office is built into the phone. I haven't got any apps remember"
Guy "Looks pretty hard to work on though that small"
Me "How do you manage with a smaller screen than me then"
Guy "Oh I don't use excel on my phone ive just got the app"
Me "Guess I'm still the ***** then"
Guy "you said it"
Uninterrupted for a couple of minutes finish what im doing and flick back to my home screen.
The guy next to me is messaging his friend and these were his exact words.
"Sat next to an ***** on the train with a windows phone. Just completely owned him with my iphone"

It does make me wonder how these people actually manage to make it through a day.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Basically no Instagram = no apps lol that's all iSheeps and Fandroids care about!

"No Instagram? It suux, has no apps, no games, blabla"

Hey at least these retards are staying away from our beloved OS lol (at least until no official app haha)

And what's with pplz today? Are their hands made of sugar? -.- can't hold a tiny bit heavier phone oh noooes their sugar hands gonna melt! lol

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Basically no Instagram = no apps lol that's all iSheeps and Fandroids care about!

"No Instagram? It suux, has no apps, no games, blabla"

Hey at least these retards are staying away from our beloved OS lol (at least until no official app haha)

And what's with pplz today? Are their hands made of sugar? -.- can't hold a tiny bit heavier phone oh noooes their sugar hands gonna melt! lol

I did seriously think about getting my Surface out of my bag and really go to town on him but I was scared either his head would implode or I would test out the durability of the device by beating him over the head with it

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I did seriously think about getting my Surface out of my bag and really go to town on him but I was scared either his head would implode or I would test out the durability of the device by beating him over the head with it

i just feel like hitting them with a 920 '-' the way they think it's heavy would leave holes in their heads ;3

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What's with the nanny filter on the posts only put a word starting with I ending in T with dio in the middle and it gets the 5 star treatment?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss