What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. He makes comments about living in my mother's basement, too. He does it in fun - we get along great - but when I mention something like going to the Microsoft User Group Christmas party, he brings up something about a bunch of people who live in mom's basement getting together. Like I said, he does it in fun, because he knows I can take it.
I wonder what he would think of members of Linux User Groups.

There are no Microsoft User Groups here, but I belong to 2 local Linux User Groups.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Linux User Groups are like AA members ;)

The only Microsoft-related Meetups here are those at the Microsoft Store, but those are useless for power users. I don't need to learn how to use Windows or Office, don't care about Xbox, and don't have kids (so no interest in Tech Tots).

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So, I wanna share my experience with you guys:

me and my friends (both have iPhones) were at Dominos chilling out. Now, our college is outside the city by at least 15kms or so and we gotta rely on the college bus to go back.

And I was the one with the schedule and the other 2 didn't. So I asked them just to switch on their Bluetooth so I could send it to them. They felt pretty effing embarrassed when they said that they couldn't share with non Aplle devices.

it was pretty funny, and then the asked why I wouldn't get an iPhone.

And to that a kid (who was nearby) swore loudly and said, what is the point of a 50k Inr phone if it can't even send and receive a file though Bluetooth.

that was the funniest **** I had ever heard till then.

Another time another woman saw my phone (Lumia 720) and started blabbering about how stupid wp8 is and yada yada, why iPhone is better and ****, to which I replied, I don't care about iPhones, I only care about my phone and I left. Needless to say, the lady was fuming in rage when I left.

it is kinda really tough when you consider that the app scene is not pretty good and you have a great phone, bit hey, I love the look on peoples face, when they see that my phone is snappy and runs for more than 2 days.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Someone was chatting to me recently about how amazing his Iphone is and said Windows Phone is rubbish, there's just No apps...
I said, " well there's just over 200 thousand now."
While shaking his head he said, "shut up," and he just walked off.

The cartoon video someone posted a few posts back is just perfect. The iPhone vs HTC.
Microsoft should make their own version of that and get it on tv.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Now, my live story.. Stupidest thing I said about windows phone.

I have iPhone 5s, s4, BB strom2, curve 3g and L625.

Initially was pissed at windows phone. I purchased s4 and 5s to cover my frustration. But the feel and ease on windows phone is quite addictive.
I dint use s4 from pass 2 days and dint touched iPhone from last night.
I am considering to get Lumia 1020 after selling iPhone.
Stupidest thing I said about windows phone is "windows phone is useless"
I was totally wrong.

Sent from my L625

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My two coworkers who have blackberry z10's said: "we've only used .16 GB of data on our plan" same two: "phones are for talking and our corporate email".

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a guy ask me which custom rom did I flash my android with. I told him it was the new Android Lime Pie. I think he is still searching for this custom rom

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Fun that this thread has started again, a lot of fun reading! I don't have something to add though, since WP seems to be more and more accepted in Sweden :smile:

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I was showing my coworkers my glance screen that showed notifications for the temperature, messages, emails, etc. They said, oh we can do that too. So they pressed the lock button on their iPhones to turn the screen on, then showed me their notification indicators that they pulled down from the top.

I tried to explain to them that I didn't have to do any of that. Its there on my screen all the time. They didn't seem to get it.

/facepalm

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have two tales to share.

Firstly , a common misconception is that windows hone is basically windows running on smartphones. This is thought by ninety nine percent of people i meet. They keep calling it windows 8 or something like that
they do not know the difference, and think it is as susceptible to viruses are the early versions of windows were.

Secondly, some people i have met think that windows phone does not allow you to share files via Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire