What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A friend I ain't seen since last Christmas asked could he look something up on my phone, he's obviously never used a Windows Phone because after a minute or so he said,
"What the hells happened to your phone? Its gone fxxking mental"

There was nothing wrong of course it was the tiles and app list plus Bing that threw him.
After giving him a tour of the phone he was amazed.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
A friend I ain't seen since last Christmas asked could he look something up on my phone, he's obviously never used a Windows Phone because after a minute or so he said,
"What the hells happened to your phone? Its gone fxxking mental"

There was nothing wrong of course it was the tiles and app list plus Bing that threw him.
After giving him a tour of the phone he was amazed.
A friend of mine asked why it exploded it her hands..

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
But to be honest... they aren't that wrong. They're just not informed about the new "update".
They still think WP8 is not that different from WP7, and we all know how bad WP7 was.

Alright, WP7, and WP8 both may lack certain features, the idea of a closed OS is to polish the few main features instead of spreading so thin. I like to think I have a decent technological know-how, but I only know of a few things that android has that WP doesn't, but why should it? WP is A DIRECT COMPETITOR TO IPHONE. iPhone doesn't have any features, in fact, WP many more features than it does, but because WP has *Windows* in it's name, everyone thinks it should function like windows 7. I don't see everyone moaning about iPhones sucking, so WP shouldn't be either. Android, and Symbian are NOT meant for the same audience as WP. I don't see myself importing contacts from .csv files anytime soon. Therefore, instead of giving a feature no one gives a damn about except a few tech elitists, Microsoft has decided to polish the features MOST people care about. WP and IOS can be compared, but you can't compare WP and androi. It's like comparing an F150 to a Tesla Roadster.

I'm sorry for the rant, all of my siblings are fandroids and I get this talk everyday about my phone sucks because it can't do some vague task, and I've just had enough.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Alright, WP7, and WP8 both may lack certain features, the idea of a closed OS is to polish the few main features instead of spreading so thin. I like to think I have a decent technological know-how, but I only know of a few things that android has that WP doesn't, but why should it? WP is A DIRECT COMPETITOR TO IPHONE. iPhone doesn't have any features, in fact, WP many more features than it does, but because WP has *Windows* in it's name, everyone thinks it should function like windows 7. I don't see everyone moaning about iPhones sucking, so WP shouldn't be either. Android, and Symbian are NOT meant for the same audience as WP. I don't see myself importing contacts from .csv files anytime soon. Therefore, instead of giving a feature no one gives a damn about except a few tech elitists, Microsoft has decided to polish the features MOST people care about. WP and IOS can be compared, but you can't compare WP and androi. It's like comparing an F150 to a Tesla Roadster.

I'm sorry for the rant, all of my siblings are fandroids and I get this talk everyday about my phone sucks because it can't do some vague task, and I've just had enough.

I agreed with you, Android is a better mature mobile OS. I migrated to WP8 after the purchase of my Nokia Lumia 1520 and I love it. The only thing I miss from Android is the ability to upload docs files from the browser. I hope Microsoft add that feature in a future OS upgrade.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys , you know in my township its opposite of you . Everyone think that its not a phone its a pocket PC with windows 8 . They thinks it as Whole computer with a sim card slot which has a calling feature.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys , you know in my township its opposite of you . Everyone think that its not a phone its a pocket PC with windows 8 . They thinks it as Whole computer with a sim card slot which has a calling feature.

There's two reasons for that, Windows Mobile which really was trying to be a PC in your pocket and the fact that people refer to WP8 as Windows 8 Phone.

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been asked anything stupid about my Lumia's 'cos here in Finland almost everyone has a Lumia LOL :grin:

And I haven't said anything stupid 'cos I know mobile related stuff all too well, better than anyone I know :winktongue:

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have too admit, i don't get asked half as many stupid questions about my phone as i did a year or so ago.
It maybe that Windows Phone has finally caught on, i notice people now actually know what it is...
Still get the usual isheep snide remark tho..

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There's two reasons for that, Windows Mobile which really was trying to be a PC in your pocket and the fact that people refer to WP8 as Windows 8 Phone.

And before phones were powered by Windows Mobile, they were powered by Windows CE, and before Windows CE powered phones, it powered - you guessed it - PocketPC devices! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)