What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
People have been getting much better. Most now say "cool," not "Windows Phones suck!"

Sent from my purple velociraptor running Windows Phone 7.8

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I feel that it is has more to do with Microsoft not educating people about the awesome products and services they offer. Every product has its own selling point. :smile:
It is very much this. Some of the reputation you can't help no matter what, but it would help if Microsoft ran a Windows Phone ad in the last 3 months. I haven't seen one since early 2014 when they were still pushing the Lumia 1020. I don't think the Icon or 1520 ever even got a TV ad. On the other hand, Apple is still running ads for the iPhone, and it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Not to mention that Apple doesn't even need the advertising help, anyway.

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
It is very much this. Some of the reputation you can't help no matter what, but it would help if Microsoft ran a Windows Phone ad in the last 3 months. I haven't seen one since early 2014 when they were still pushing the Lumia 1020. I don't think the Icon or 1520 ever even got a TV ad. On the other hand, Apple is still running ads for the iPhone, and it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Not to mention that Apple doesn't even need the advertising help, anyway.

Agreed, Apple is backed by challenges and needs little advertising compared to Microsoft. Steve Jobs won millions of people with his work, he challenged stats quo and won. Long ago Bill Gates was considered similar, although not that popular. But the era of Steve Ballmer ended everything, he laughed publicly on the iPhone when it was released back in 2007, we all know what happened after that. I think he had no vision of what was happening. Luckily the new CEO is making quite a few changes to keep company focused (Yet no advertisements! :eck: ).

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So the other day my SD card was having issues after I dropped my phone. This one person I know who's always on me about liking Windows Phone claimed iPhones are better because they don't have SD cards.
Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 8.1

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So the other day my SD card was having issues after I dropped my phone. This one person I know who's always on me about liking Windows Phone claimed iPhones are better because they don't have SD cards.
Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 8.1

Green velociraptor... sounds great!

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It's funny that no one ever said stupid thing about my phone. Lots of them are like "is that Nokia Lumia? Show me. It's beautiful, if it ran Android, I'd buy it. Do you have any problems with WP?"

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It's funny that no one ever said stupid thing about my phone. Lots of them are like "is that Nokia Lumia? Show me. It's beautiful, if it ran Android, I'd buy it. Do you have any problems with WP?"
At school people know me as Nokia fan, so everyday new question with now student or teacher, the problem is that I said know there's no issue or bugs, and guess what, my teacher bought an 830 and it keeps rebooting!!!I love WP, but MS doesn't.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
What ever happened to the lockscreen feature? When I my 521 a couple of months ago. I remember being able to turn on the phone and when the screen would dim, I would tap the screen and then the screen would stay on until I touch it again.

I am now with an 830 and I even installed Developers Preview to see if it was because of a missing update that I probably had on my 521. Small feature but very appreciated by me.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I though the thread was about "what's the stupidest question you've asked yourself about WP". ^^^ this is a stupid question I've asked myself a few times though.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Finally had one last night when I was hanging out with a few friends for the National Championship. One of the guys who hangs out with our group is the stereotypical "Apple can do no wrong" type guy. I told him I couldn't stand my iPhone 6+ and that I would be switching to Windows Phone in a few months.

His reply was that I'd be back in two years when Apple totally buys Microsoft. I thought he was kidding...but no, he clarified, Apple is so dominant and good they are going to own the entire mobile industry in two years. I asked him what about Google...which he then proceeded to ask what phone or OS google has. Yes, this was someone with their head so far up Apple's you know what that they didn't even know about Android.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Finally had one last night when I was hanging out with a few friends for the National Championship. One of the guys who hangs out with our group is the stereotypical "Apple can do no wrong" type guy. I told him I couldn't stand my iPhone 6+ and that I would be switching to Windows Phone in a few months.

His reply was that I'd be back in two years when Apple totally buys Microsoft. I thought he was kidding...but no, he clarified, Apple is so dominant and good they are going to own the entire mobile industry in two years. I asked him what about Google...which he then proceeded to ask what phone or OS google has. Yes, this was someone with their head so far up Apple's you know what that they didn't even know about Android.

Lol wow, you have to as stupid as an old parent to not even know about Android. Lol this guy is all kinds of wrong and just funny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs