Facebook Phone? Facepalm.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yawn..another Android modded OS. Facebook trying REALLY hard to keep YOU in the centre of things...

Just seeing the Live events. Early thoughts??

Looks bad IMHO.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yawn..another Android modded OS. Facebook trying REALLY hard to keep YOU in the centre of things...

Just seeing the Live events. Early thoughts??

Looks bad IMHO.

I'm watching without any audio (lecture hall) seems confusing. Might be less confusing with the audio on

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The problem I have with this (which is probably one of many) is that Facebook is trying to build a UI on top of a UI. IMO, Home doesn't simplify your life. Instead making you dig through yet another screen before you can access your information. Every Facebook press conference, demo and presentation always show wonderful pictures of people doing fun and exciting things that "you just gotta see!" But the reality is that people want to check their Facebook all the time. They do not want to be on Facebook all the time. Hey, I like checking my Facebook but I have two friends that just had a baby (and another next month). I don't want or need my lockscreen spammed with baby image #2,398. I don't need to be alerted that my friend "gave up Mountain Dew" or what he had for dinner. Those are not things you just gotta see. Those are things that are best checked, not forced upon me using an invasive UI and alert system. This is great for the full time Facebooker but I don't see many people sticking with Home after their initial trial run.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
facebook phone for itself is BAD, but that u can download on other android phones that facebook home launcher is actually awesome.. i wish microsoft gave nokia some things to make on os by themselvs too ..

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
FB is a public company now. They have to please the investors, and they're doing that by bringing your friends closer to you via Home. And that'll bring ads closer to you. Nothing comes for free.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
FB is a public company now. They have to please the investors, and they're doing that by bringing your friends closer to you via Home. And that'll bring ads closer to you. Nothing comes for free.

+1

No doubt there will be people who will love this approach to FB, and that's fine if it gives them what they want. I wonder if it supports all the FB functions though - groups, pages and so on.

Once again we see someone marketing a phone UI that is people-centric... wonder where that idea came from? :amaze:

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It's not for me but if you look at the stats a lot of people are using their phones for a lot of facebook and not a lot else so this will suit them.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's Facebook Home, and will be downloadable on 12th.

Don't see the point of the HTC First phone and they wonder why they aren't selling many phones anymore

What's next an EBay phone with EBay home? So you can see all the new items from your favorite sellers.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Zuckerberg & HTC trying to steal the thunder from Windows Phone OS by claiming that FB Home will make android phones the "First" social phone... LOL �� I already owned a truly FIRST SOCIAL phone when Windows Phone came out like 3 odd years ago. This so-called Home app is a rip-off by FB. Moreover, the Home app is solely focused on FB whilst our beloved WP is seamlessly integrated with FB + Linkedln + Twitter.
Nothing new here, next.... ��
And I forget to add this.... the best thing about our WP social feeds are that you won't be bombarded with Ads ��

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Its just plain bad.
I hate that Zuck dude. Looks evil.

And believe me, I DONT have the FB app on my phone either.
So this is surely not for me.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hats off to Mark Zuckerberg for pulling something off at such a grand scale and pretending that Windows Phone never existed. FB photos on the lockscreen, FB updates on the home screen, integrated FB chat. Come on, really?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I barely like facebook and all the rubbish I see on it :eck:

The occasional browse on other peoples profiles is satisfying enough :wink:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Given MSFT has a large ownership investment in FB makes sense from a competitive PoV. Pushing Google out of their own OS. Its actually f*^#)^$ genius.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeps me too! WP has basic FB integration w/o taking over the whole UI and w/o adds LOL

I like it this way, i go to People Hub and check my friends feeds WHENEVER i want! FB Home seems a bit too forceful imo, it's like they want to force it down our throats! Sorry, but i don't want something that doesen't give me an option - FB Home will just always be there, taking over your phone!

Instead they could have improved FB widget...as far as i remember it from my Droid, it is pretty poor lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720