Facebook Phone? Facepalm.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: FB Home will NOT support Android notifications...fail much? LOL

You are absolutely right :). But by not being clear look at how much discussions this generates. The viral marketing they manage to create with their misleading photos(they are for the purpose of looking good not to make sense of the functionality anyway) and not clearly stated information. The casual user won't care anyway. And I believe the press is trying to capitalize on this confusion and not looking to hard on the problem.

And I still think everyone is underestimating this facebook move or tries to minimize it's impact.

yeps i agree on the confusion this is generating and if this goes on and more websites starts to spread it won't support system notifications, it will create a really negative image for the app!
i believe one of the reasons pplz are bashing FBH is because they are somewhat trying to resist FB and its power...many pplz said they would feel bothered by the adds or pulling their phone to see a "boom" of those annoying friends notifications who shares tumblr posts each 5min...and there's pplz who just doesen't want the feeling FB is "taking over" their life (or their phone)!

i do think it will find success among hardcore FB users but i don't see it being The Hit or smth ground-breaking!

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

yeps i agree on the confusion this is generating and if this goes on and more websites starts to spread it won't support system notifications, it will create a really negative image for the app!
i believe one of the reasons pplz are bashing FBH is because they are somewhat trying to resist FB and its power...many pplz said they would feel bothered by the adds or pulling their phone to see a "boom" of those annoying friends notifications who shares tumblr posts each 5min...and there's pplz who just doesen't want the feeling FB is "taking over" their life (or their phone)!

i do think it will find success among hardcore FB users but i don't see it being The Hit or smth ground-breaking!

The adds I believe will be made in a different way than traditional adds. And I think will sell great for the users. So far adds are served on mobile phones just like on web sites or by spam(notifications resembling a bit of the old email spam style). So you simply have to navigate to an app and that app starts serving adds to you as best as it can(like on web sites) so it's not innovative. But here facebook with it's new integration they can really serve adds based on the gps position directly on the home screen. I bet users won't complain anymore about adds whey they will receive an add only when passing near a pizzeria and that add giving them a coupon for a price reduction. The same being true for brick&mortar shopping.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

The adds I believe will be made in a different way than traditional adds. And I think will sell great for the users. So far adds are served on mobile phones just like on web sites or by spam(notifications resembling a bit of the old email spam style). So you simply have to navigate to an app and that app starts serving adds to you as best as it can(like on web sites) so it's not innovative. But here facebook with it's new integration they can really serve adds based on the gps position directly on the home screen. I bet users won't complain anymore about adds whey they will receive an add only when passing near a pizzeria and that add giving them a coupon for a price reduction. The same being true for brick&mortar shopping.

in that case it might work, since it will only show ads that interest to pplz, connected to where they live...but the problem is, like with the notifications thing, there is still much confusion among pplz and some think they will just have ads spammed on their lockscreen!
i think FB rly needs to step up and bring clarifications to avoid increasing all this negativity...and i also still think a part of it is beacuse pplz are starting to fear how powerful FB can be!
lets see if FBH will prove that right or not...

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

in that case it might work, since it will only show ads that interest to pplz, connected to where they live...but the problem is, like with the notifications thing, there is still much confusion among pplz and some think they will just have ads spammed on their lockscreen!
i think FB rly needs to step up and bring clarifications to avoid increasing all this negativity...and i also still think a part of it is beacuse pplz are starting to fear how powerful FB can be!
lets see if FBH will prove that right or not...

People should fear how powerful google is too. And they are not concerned. People like to complain in general it is the art all humans are good at. Facebook is about a social network. The press can paint their home approach negatively. MS can rattle all they want on how they were the first with people first phone. Google can cry all they want as well. It's enough that some people start using home and enjoying it and they will spread the word and the hype through facebook and twitter and bla bla and simply convince the people to use home. This is what facebook is about. Viral spread of information. And when 10 of your 300 friends who use home say how good it is you won't believe the media anymore you will go use facebook home because people you know recommended it to you. So in the case that facebook home is made as a solid product all the people complaining and ridiculing facebook now will look like fools and idiots.

In the end all others will get more negative opinions than facebook is getting now(Considering facebook did a good job here). So this confusion actually serves facebook and does not harm them at all.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

All I see here is mocking without actually even using the damn thing.

Mocking? What mocking? People are stating facts (that are in turn stated by FB) and saying why they dont need it. Either u are reading from one post and replying in another or whatever u smoking is doing its job. Everyone, & that includes iOS and Android veterans have agreed WP is afar more stable OS than Android.
Android became stable ONLY after JB and Quad Chips. WP was smooth and stable from Day 1(I know cause i had HTC HD7).

So no one is saying FB is bad or anything. If it suits u...go for it. To each his own.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Some Facebook friend just posted this picture. Ok I love animals but seriously, I do not want to wake up to this on my lockscreen!

3665_480213605379700_1698345879_n.jpg

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Let's ask that from pre-Portico users and see if they share the same sentiments.

I dont know what defines "perfect" for u, but as long as the job is done, I'm good. And no OS "has it all". U just gotta pick what's closest to ur idea of good.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

We can also ask users of windows mobile if we go that route.
No that would be stupid. I'm talking about Windows Phone 8. And don't even get me started on the random battery drains on Windows Phone 8. Pretty much every thing we made fun of of Android is now in Windows Phone 8. Battery drain? Check. Random reboots? Check.
Which brings me back to my original point of sticking to our own OS and stop taking digs at others.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I dont know what defines "perfect" for u, but as long as the job is done, I'm good. And no OS "has it all". U just gotta pick what's closest to ur idea of good.

I'm not sure where the definition of perfection came here, but my response was to your claim that Windows Phone is the most stable OS out there. It's not, and I gave you an example of it.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
This FB Home app is going to ultimately turn out to be a self-inflicted spamming machine.
Its another source of milking for extra ads revenue by FB ��.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

No that would be stupid. I'm talking about Windows Phone 8. And don't even get me started on the random battery drains on Windows Phone 8. Pretty much every thing we made fun of of Android is now in Windows Phone 8. Battery drain? Check. Random reboots? Check.
Which brings me back to my original point of sticking to our own OS and stop taking digs at others.

Well it's not like that. I don't have reboots and I don't have battery drains either. And there have been people explaining the drains and the reboots over and over.
But this is pointless. No one said the hardware is perfect but there are symptoms of the bad os design choices and hardware faults.
But from an OS design point of view wp is better than the competition.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i also never had a random reboot with my phone lol actually it's working perfectly since the day i bought it!

problems can happen to ANY device and ANY OS!
i know because i had an Android and the forums dedicated to it has a lot of pplz complaining about stuff and looking for solutions!
my old droid was an Xperia Mini and the official forums was always full of threads complaining about smth!

i don't know why pplz like to point fingers at WP (and Nokia) when Android, iOS and other OEMs also have their own issues!
like someone already said, nothing is perfect and we choose what suits us best!

now this is getting a bit off-topic isn't it? lol

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

All I see here is mocking without actually even using the damn thing.

I don't even know why you still post here. All you ever post are potshots at Windows Phone and its fans and some hyperbole based on (faux) personal experiences.

And now you get upset at people mocking this Facebook launcher without realizing that it's not just Windows Phone fans that think the entire idea is a load of rubbish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss