is best buy a good place get a phone

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Wifey has at&t and wants a new phone she currently has a Samsung flight her contract ends late in the year. Is best buy a good spot to go to?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Best Buy Mobile is an awesome place to get a phone. They help you with absolutely everything you need, including questions about the phones currently available, without giving a biased answer. I strongly recommend going there.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
They get you set up with that, too. But watch out for their "protection plan". I find it unnecessary, since don't all phones come with a warranty anyway? So don't sign up for that. Everything else they take care of.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had good experiences at Best Buy... However, with my 920, I bought it at an ATT store the first weekend it was released because Best Buy only had limited stock and was only selling them on contract (I bought it outright).

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
They get you set up with that, too. But watch out for their "protection plan". I find it unnecessary, since don't all phones come with a warranty anyway? So don't sign up for that. Everything else they take care of.

Phones come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects. Protection plans usually, but not always, cover loss and/or various types of user damage. Whether or not that is worth it it up to the individual buyer. Phones are getting more expensive these days, so it is something to at least consider.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have got my last 2 phones from Best Buy and I would go with their warranty coverage since it covers everything including if it is in pieces and its not a bad price if you pay the whole thing up front since you end up getting like 5 months free or something doing it that way.

Also when you sell the phone back to them they will give you an extra $50 if you had the insurance, plus their insurance does not have a deductible such as most of the carriers. If you go there they have a comparison of the different carriers insurance including cost and what's covered. I just wish they did not get rid of the old buy back program since I got $180 for my trophy after a year and a half of owing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism