Good Morning...New Day, New Topic

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Good morning all! Since I love to check WPC in the morning (and throughout the day LOL) I thought I'd start a thread where everyday there will be a new topic, non WP related of course! ;)

So, today's topic is:
Best vacation you've ever had, and where do you plan on vacating next? Pls post vacation pics if you care to! :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hands down my trip to New York with my friends. We took a van from Indiana. The entire trip was awesome. We met up with another friend in NY, hit the bars, walked central park, took a ferry past the Statue of Liberty and just had a good time. I recorded the trip and made a 40-minute vacation video. Good times was had by all. Last year I took another trip back to see Louis C.K. That too was awesome, lol.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Probably fishing up in Canada, where no matter what lure you used you got a hit practically every time you would cast.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hands down my trip to New York with my friends. We took a van from Indiana. The entire trip was awesome. We met up with another friend in NY, hit the bars, walked central park, took a ferry past the Statue of Liberty and just had a good time. I recorded the trip and made a 40-minute vacation video. Good times was had by all. Last year I took another trip back to see Louis C.K. That too was awesome, lol.

Your trip to NYC reminded me of my trip to NYC...i had all but forgotten it! Great memories... :)

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hong Kong awes me. I was born there, sometime ago I'm afraid. I can't remember any of it at that time because I was so young. I've been back a couple of times in the past few years and it's blown my mind on each visit. When you've spent most of your life living in rather non-descript towns in central England, Hong Kong just smacks you in the face when you get there. I could just ride the Star Ferry back and forth all day. The smells (especially the food), the sounds (the weird traffic lights - Google Hong Kong traffic lights) and the sights overwhelm you. I'd like to visit more often but the airfare from the UK is big notes now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Best vacation so far was three years ago on a Carnival cruise ship (you know, before the whole fiasco this year) to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Need to do a cruise again...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good morning....TODAYS TOPIC: What is the hardest obstacle you've had to overcome...and how you did it. :)

I can think of a few...most which I'm still working through right now, because they are long term stuff...

I'll share this one. As a teen, I used to find my need to fit in with a certain group of "friends" really strong. But then, I realized I was doing all the work and I wasn't getting back what I was putting out. I decide to pull back a little and see if they cared or would notice a difference. When they didn't, I realized that it was important to have my own compass. Every since then, I'm comfortable in my own skin and know that while I'm not perfect, being a mere follower doesn't lead you to happiness.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Where was my invite bro? Smh!.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Good morning....TODAYS TOPIC: What is your favorite childhood memory? :)

Playing Nintendo with my father... he passed away when I was 6.

I remember it was a graduation (school) present where my mom took me to Toys 'R' Us to pick out whatever I wanted. I was going to choose a boombox, but he conned me in to getting the Nintendo. I'm glad he did. Bionic Commando is a game we used to play, aside from the standard ones like ExciteBike, Mario, Duck Hunt, etc.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Watching Saturday morning cartoons with my half brother, who was older and worked alot. There was one Saturday we were watching an episode of Gummy Bears and we laughed so hard for 15 minutes straight at some wisecrack I thought I'd pass out...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm still a child under the medical definition (i.e. under 18 years old), but hey, nostalgia strikes everyone, right?

When I got my first phone.
If I hadn't become interested in phones, I wouldn't be here!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope for that one day...dont know if it will ever come. From what I was told, he never knew I existed...

I had to thank you for your honesty. I used to think like that until he reached out and showed he was the bigger man and be willing to let it happen. I hope that happens for you, and that not only is he willing to start but put in the work for a good relationship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre