How do you treat your phone?

Anaron

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
When I'm at home, it's on my table. And when I go out, I put it in my left pocket without a case or screen protector. I put my keys in my right pocket and leave my left one empty. If I put anything in my left pocket, it'll be something like lip balm (nothing sharp or metallic). I should mention that I'm right handed and I prefer to put it in my left pocket. As for the screen, I try to keep it as clean as possible.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how often I charge my phone. Usually, it's once every 24-36 hours with moderate usage. I connect to WiFi at home, turn off unnecessary things like location (GPS), and keep the screen brightness on automatic.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about you, but anything that costs me 600? and is supposed to serve me for 2 years of every day use is gonna get pretty good treatment from me.

Same reasoning here. Smartphones cost a bomb, especially when bought unlocked as in my case. They deserve special treatment

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Like I treat everything else that I have to work hard to buy. Phone left pocket nothing else goes in that pocket, I'll use a case and I use it without I like how the device looks without a case as well. It gets cleaned everyday ...It's my sub PC when I'm on the go when I really get down to it.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
1. black 920 gets a pocket all to itself, although this is true for any phone ive ever owned.
2. no holster just red official nokia case.
3. no screen protecter had since launch and not a scratch yet.
4. do not charge every night as i have chargers strategically placed at my place of work.
5. i constantly clean the screen of my phone, almost as if i have ocd.
6. have dropped my phone 4 times and not a dent.
Love nokia build quality.

OtavioRibeira

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
No case (because I bought it in the WPCentral Store and it hasn't arrived yet), no screen protector(I don't think is really necessary for the Lumia 920).

Exclusive bag pocket for the phone and the earphones.

Charge it every night.

Treat it with love.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
using screen protector,
leather case,
charging my phone once in two days..
i use to keep my phone in my drawer when i not use in my house so i can avoid entering dust in front camera,
Keys and coins are in left pocket, phone right pocket. always checking the right pocket if there are sand or dust when i wear are new dress
never dropped it,
I HAVE NOKIA LUMIA 920 BLACK AT&T US :)

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
White 920 goes in left pocket. Occasionally work leys get thrown in there.
Purple Mobi case and insipio feather case
No screen protector. Screen is mint.
Dropped my phone from at chest level while walking down a flight a stairs hitting solid concrete. Dents on the corners. Nothing else.

jamsjordn

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty careless with my 920. It does have a pocket to itself but no screen protector or case. I'm hoping gorilla glass holds up to its name and although my phone has already got plenty of scratches they are just those tiny ones that can only be seen in really bright sunlight. I have already dropped it on the pavement denting the top left corner that I need to buff out to fit the sim tray back in properly but I am still sticking to hope that Nokia still makes invincible phones.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I clean my Nokia Lumia 920 with baby wipes, and dry with tissue at least 3 times a day. I then keep it in a pouch made by 'Shocksock' -- by cleaning all grease off of the phone, stops it transferring into the inside of pouch.

*EDIT*
I always let battery fully die, and fully charge. I also try to never use my phone while the charger is plugged in. I never keep my phone in my pockets -- just incase it's true about radiation.

Last edited:

theonedunn

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I use an iPod sock as a case since no windows phone sock exists. Don't like the bulkiness of cases and like to actually see the hardware. I baby it like a newborn fetus. Always in the front left pocket, always with me.

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Black 920, I carry it around in Krusell Hector 3XL Krusell

I clean it with soft cotton towel or microfiber cloth, usually just water unless I accidentally get something greasy on it then a slightly damp cloth with a teeny bit of dish detergent to clean the grease.

I try to not put it in my pocket, or carry it around alot. Don't want Murphy to knock it out of my hand.

lauticol

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile's HD7. In 1 month we are having our 2nd anniversary. I have a TPU case and a silicon one (both generic, $2 on eBay). But I used them like 1 month each, I hate to make my phone thicker. I use a screen protector since maybe the month 9 after I got the phone. I'm 17 and I dropped it a lot of times. Never a single scratch in the screen but well, the chrome-like border of the phone has some scuffs on it. Charge it every night and waiting for July, when I'm travelling to the US to buy a new phone.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a focus s and no case and I've seriously dropped it like 10 times and nothing has happened to it. In general I dislike cases because to me it defeats the point of a thin phone. In any case, it goes to show you that the gs3's and probably 4's are not built as well as the gs2 were seeing as thats basically my phone, except with wp loaded on it. My next phone will be a nokia and so when I inevitably drop it, I'll have to worry more about the floor being damaged than the phone...ah nokia build quality....

avalontrekker

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Usually have a 'reserved' pocked for it ... one that I spend time cleaning regularly so no dust accumulates inside.
No screen protector - I like native touch and feel ... but cleaning and removing smudges every few hours and I never put it down on hard surfaces :D.
Charging at night on the charging pad... sometimes during the day as well (especially after watching a movie / playing games for many hours :D)

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Every phone I've ever had has its own pocket by itself. If I'm not carrying my phone, the pocket stays empty. I paid good money for this phone and I expect it to last given the right care. I own a 920. Previous was a Focus which I dropped three times in the 2 years I owned it.

Currently have a Brando power jacket on my 920. Came in quite handy on my trip to South Beach, Miami.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs