How do you treat your phone?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm very careless with my phones. I've also been known to use my phones as earthquake makers when I've got angry. However I don't allow myself to take my anger out on my technical stuff anymore. There is however a scratch on the Nokia screen from a drop. The HTC has also been dropped onto hard floor while I was running in a bar to catch up to someone, have it slide across the floor screen first then hit a table leg. My heart stopped for a moment. Thankfully, just a tiny chip on the replaceable back plate. HTC phones are tough!

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I love my HTC 7 Pro. Would be really nice if I could use it for a few more years (bought it about 1.5-2 years ago). It is rocking WP7.8 right now. Would be great to have a WP8-phone, but having an awesome QWERTY-device and not too many missing features (compared to WP8) my 7 Pro ist just perfect for me.

I try to keep it safe (although there were a few times I let it fall...there are some scrathes, but nothing more...really nice build quality!) and use screen protectors. Had a Bugatti leather case for my previous phone, so bought one for my 7 Pro as well. The soft double-layer leather feels really nice on the phone and seems to protect it quite a bit.

My 7 Pro sits on the awesome stand on my desk. Looks pretty nice and the display gets a perfect angle for reading incoming messages and such.

When I'm out, my phone gets it's own jeans pocket. The front left one. Screen pointing to my leg. No keys or other stuff in the pocket... Every time I take a seat somewhere I tend to take the phone out and put it screen-down on the table (of course still in it's leather case). Having a QWERTY slider is awesome...but in situations like that it's just to big for staying in the pocket...

Here are some pics showing my beloved phone ;)

Attachments

• htc_7_pro_1_low.jpg
    htc_7_pro_1_low.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 10
  • htc_7_pro_2_low.jpg
    952.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Clean pair of socks right rear pocket.

Love this. It made me smile.

Phone in my front left pocket (whether its pants or a jacket). I may keep my NJTransit pass in the same pocket, but that's it. I always turn the screen into my leg to avoid anything hitting and cracking it in my pocket (this happened to me once with a precious phone). I keep my spare battery in my bag or some other pocket. I throw my phones in a good case and put on a good screen protector too.

Keeping my phones in excellent condition allows me to sell them back for a great price and switch phones often. I also ALMOST NEVER use ANY of the accessories in the box to increase the resale value.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
it gets a pocket all to itself but sometimes i dont care. i dont ise any protector or something. i never clean the screen. i throw my phone when i want to. this is how i try to kill my android phone.

sent by GT-I5510

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector or a case, has it's own jeans pocket, sometimes I use it with medical powdered gloves ( dentist with htc 8x ) u can imagine how dusty it becomes..
sometimes I get really nervous then I throw my phone once I end the call, then it becomes old to me, repeated scenario with all smartphones I got..

in the car it lays in the cup holder, I prefer to put it on a napkin or piece of cloth to avoid scratches, however the corners are somewhat pealed off ..

LYZ1999

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Rocking a Lumia 710 with 7.8 from Singapore. For me, its dropping phones on tables, throwing into the air when I'm bored, and exposing it to rain when I use it during rainy conditions. Phone was replaced once by Nokia Care (broken power and volume buttons and cracked screen). Have an official Nokia bumper case and a free screen protector from servicing. Charged either every night or twice a day. Rarely clean my phone screen (though I do try to get the bubbles out of my screen protector, but then again it was free so can't expect too much). Back cover has a hell lot of scratches. Luckily its replacable.
And I remember once I was really angry, I threw my Lumia at that person's head. Missed and got his wrist though :). Surprisingly the phone suffered no damage
Disclaimer: I actually do these things. No kidding.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My 8X had been an advancement or my HD7 surprisingly. My phones naked, always in the rain/snow. Come with me for my speaker in the shower (verrrrry hot, so it produces enough steam to fill second floor) dropped it 3 times from eye level and once a week at least from pockets when I'm sitting. Goes to work with me, charge once a day. Still going strong.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My 8X had been an advancement or my HD7 surprisingly. My phones naked, always in the rain/snow. Come with me for my speaker in the shower (verrrrry hot, so it produces enough steam to fill second floor) dropped it 3 times from eye level and once a week at least from pockets when I'm sitting. Goes to work with me, charge once a day. Still going strong.

I hope you meant that you take the phone with you in the bathroom when you shower...and not into the actual shower. (This makes me nervous! Lol!) :|

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I was showering at the gym about a month ago and I heard a phone ring in the shower stall next to me. To my surprise the dude answered it with the shower running. I was mortified!!! I can only assume his woman has him on a short leash.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I treat it rather carefully. I have made a cradle for it - for movie watching - and a couple of stands near my bed and the main PC, so that the back panel never gets a scratch :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077