How do you treat your phone?

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Does it get a pocket all to itself, or does it go in the same pocket as your keys? Does it get a holster? Screen protector? case? Do you charge it every night? Clean the screen every twelve minutes?

I just wanna see how many other people baby their phone like I do :)

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the question.
Keys left pocket, phone right pocket.
I alternate phone cases like shoes.
I do charge my phone nightly on the charging pad.
Constantly cleaning my screen because I like it when it looks smooth as glass and seeing the curved glass.
I have dropped it once outside and chipped the corner.
I love this Red Lumia 920!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
No pocket (avoid as much body radiation as possible)... Screen protector, case all the time... Clean screen whenever I see the need to... I don't see it as babying, just don't want to see a $400+ device go down the drain because of carelessness. I like to avoid headaches. :)

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
like a precious baby.

it's been breast feed directly from the wire.

But seriously though

I use the full wet protector to show off it's colour and a screen protector. That's about it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox commuter case and screen protector. It either goes in my left front pocket which has nothing else in it, or else it goes in a leather holster on my belt.

I charge it every night.

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I try to keep it in my hand most of the time while moving around unless I really really really need to put it in my pockets, then it gets it own pockets.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Right front pocket, screen in, top down and all by itself. No case. Charge it every nite and keep the screen clean at all times.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the phone. If I'm carrying my iPhone its in a case in a holster. If I'm carrying the Lumia, its usually in my back pocket. No case, no screen protection, raw.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Skinomi screen protector.
Incipio case.

Phone in the right pocket.
External battery / money left pocket.
USB cable left rear pocket.
Clean pair of socks right rear pocket.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No case, no screen protector... I tote my phone (Lumia 810) around in my backpack purse, right behind my wallet. I'll place it in my jacket pocket when I'm out and listening to music with nothing else in the pocket, not even tissues. I had it in my jeans pocket yesterday while I was out and listening to Pandora because it was warm enough that I didn't need a jacket. My phone is in great condition, no scratches or anything. I also never drop it except for maybe once on the rug in my room. I'm really good like that. lol

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I've done to all my phones.

Tossed them like bricks or balls in the air, missed many catches, no wonder am making cellphone companies rich.
I use my phones with oily hands, while eating chips or food (over here we eat with hands :) )
Many a times, i pick many nose and then navigate on the phone, probably play angry birds.
I keep many keys and coins in the same pocket I keep my phone.
I don't apply a scratch guard, infact the first thing I do is remove a scratch guard from the phone.
Keep it on the edge of tables, with a vibrate + ring mode active.
Keep it on the table at hotels, a glass of water is curious to see my phone.

Honestly, I've done NONE of those and will never do, specially picking nose and touching phone, yuck!
But its true that over here we eat with hands and not forks/spoons, its preferred.

I apply a good screen guard, and a jacket (if I can find one coz I use models which aren't commercially avl. here) to my phone :), I don't let anyone touch it nor do I apply greasy or oily hands to it.
I periodically brush off the dirt on my phone.

I keep my current phone (Xperia T), inside a pouch in my right trouser pocket, nothing else :). Xperia has a full body gadgetzshield applied.

I am sure I must have caught a lot of attention.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I've done to all my phones.

Tossed them like bricks or balls in the air, missed many catches, no wonder am making cellphone companies rich.
I use my phones with oily hands, while eating chips or food (over here we eat with hands :) )
Many a times, i pick many nose and then navigate on the phone, probably play angry birds.
I keep many keys and coins in the same pocket I keep my phone.
I don't apply a scratch guard, infact the first thing I do is remove a scratch guard from the phone.
Keep it on the edge of tables, with a vibrate + ring mode active.
Keep it on the table at hotels, a glass of water is curious to see my phone.

Honestly, I've done NONE of those and will never do, specially picking nose and touching phone, yuck!
But its true that over here we eat with hands and not forks/spoons, its preferred.

I apply a good screen guard, and a jacket (if I can find one coz I use models which aren't commercially avl. here) to my phone :), I don't let anyone touch it nor do I apply greasy or oily hands to it.
I periodically brush off the dirt on my phone.

I keep my current phone (Xperia T), inside a pouch in my right trouser pocket, nothing else :). Xperia has a full body gadgetzshield applied.

I am sure I must have caught a lot of attention.

That was funny and made my day. :smile:

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow, good to know I'm not alone! I keep my phone in my front right pocket whenever I'm not using it (which is almost never), and it gets a pocket all to itself. I clean the screen very often, but I'm the biggest stickler when it comes to charging.

I charge every night of course, but I also charge the phone to full in the middle of the day, even if it has 70% or more. I do it just in case I get stuck playing asphalt or Dragons Blade. I'll need the extra battery then :)

Oh, and I don't have a screen protector (because of gorilla glass) or a case (because the 8x is so gorgeous). I almost never drop it... or let anyone borrow it (a sad truth).

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone has it's own dedicated jean pocket (no keys or coins :p), but no case, holster, screen protectors or anything else. The screen doesn't need cleaning either cos it keeps clean by itself very well.

In general I treat my phones very carefully: you won't hear a sound when I put my phone on the table for example.

I charge the phone every night, I've tweaked the settings such that it easily lasts all day with my use. While I could get more out of it if I wanted, there's no reason cos I'll just charge it up every night so then I have "comfortable" sync settings for example during the day.

My phone and my Surface RT are pretty much the most precious things I own, I don't really borrow them to anyone. Which sorta sucks cos sometimes people would like to take a look at how the new WPs are (even if they are very common in Finland), but I don't want to let them try it :p

Last edited:

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same as the above poster. However my 920 once slid across the floor after sadly gliding out of my pocket while sitting on the floor, and now it has a huuuuuge scratch. Nothing you notice in daily use. But its there in certain angles.

Ive always hated cases, but for my s4 im getting the viewcover, which is a great product. Basically a flipcover with a small window, and when closed the lockscreen conforms to fit said window to show the time and notifications, etc. Also it adds really no change to the form factor.
Brilliant.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Slai, I'll raise: I dropped my phone RIGHT out of the box, before I even touched it. I had the box upside down when I was sliding the inner box out, boom, directly on a wooden floor. Luckily it was still pristine after that.

For someone as OCD as me about treating the phone well, it was a terrible experience :D

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I treat it just like all my previous phones.

Treat them as if they're 3310s.
Oddly enough, my Lumia 620 is still in pristine condition (minus the speaker, the one in front)
It's a shame, actually. But you wouldn't notice any other fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)