Okay here's the situation. If you're anything like me you have parts of your music collection that say "track01" or "untitled" and it's been so long since you have lost the file name or heard the song you're not sure what it is anymore. Sound familiar? Well I've come across a program called MusicBrainz Picard that's completely free to download and it scans your music and compares it with an online database and identifies the song. I've had good results with it in the past but before I feel I can recommend it properly in the forums I wanted a larger 'sample size' to see if it's actually a good solution or if I just got lucky.

So here's the download link again: MusicBrainz - The Open Music Encyclopedia

Post your experiences with it below and let's see if it actually does the job.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-21-2013 04:41 PM
    MusicBrainz is a good source, I use it with Mp3Tag.
    04-21-2013 06:05 PM
    I have tried it a bit half and half however it seem good. I do some more testing and post the results.
    04-23-2013 04:38 PM
    Anyone else able to test this and post their results as well?
    04-25-2013 07:56 AM
    Would gladly jump in on this but I don't have home internet... I've had a pretty good experience using the tag search feature on WMP.
    04-25-2013 08:06 AM
    I will try it this weekend if I have the time.
    04-25-2013 11:25 AM