BB10 keyboard

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So I went into Telstra today to get some hands on time with all the new smartphones out at the moment, namely the HTC One and BlackBerry Z10. While I was impressed with the HTC hardware in particular, and how smooth Sense felt, I couldn't get away from the fact it was android. The BlackBerry was a refreshing experience, with a steep learning curve. Overall I still like the simplicity of WP more however the one thing I did like about the blackberry was the keyboard. Now, it is hard to get a true grasp of it with those annoying cordes on it but it was a seriously good keyboard, mainly because of the predictive text that comes up above each row of letters. This is a great idea and something Microsoft should look at adding to WP, even if it means paying a licensing fee to BlackBerry.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have issues with the BlackBerry Z10 keyboard when I tried it. However, I could not figure out the Hub. I wanted to get to all apps, not just the Hub. I eventually figured it out. I don't like the Hub, though, since the apps I'd use most are non-Hub apps.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, this is one of the things that make the the Z10 way more attractive than the Q10.
Predictive text actually flows better on a touch screen.

I really can't wrap my head around the fact that you need to type on a physical keyboard only to tap the screen to take advantage of the superior predictive text.

And, yeah, I agree that the BB10 keyboard is superior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)