PC Mag calls Google Glass a World-Class Hoax

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't read the article but my first thoughts of Google glass reminds me of the Steve Martin movie "The Jerk".

The Jerk created what was thought to be a wonderful invention to lift your glasses off. The invention became incredibly popular and he became rich. When that same invention began making everyone cross-eyed however, he lost everything due to the impending lawsuits.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
And now I know why, once again, I don't read PC mag and when I do read tech blogs to take them with a grain of salt...editorials under the guise of real articles.
I think this guy sounds like sergey brin or larry page pulled a prank on him or embarrassed him in some way and has some kind of vendetta against google. Do I personally think that google glass will succeed, no, do I feel that its creative or innovative, sure. This is coming from a guy who doesn't like google, sure the product is way too ahead of its time, and may never catch on but to call it a hoax is a little extreme, especially when the 1500$ price range puts it out of 99% of people's budget. This thing won't sell well, and google knows it, its just an experimental technology that may or may not be too ahead of its time. I don't think they will pull it off, but I will give them credit for having some sort of a creative idea and going with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss