The title is already explain the question.
    How finland people feel about nokia & Lumia (before and now) as a brand and product? and how well it sell?

I just wondering, because i can't find single article about Finland people feel about Nokia & Lumia as this is Nokia Home country.
    Last time i saw one (old aticke) Nokia is lost ground there in it own home.
    So i thought it might be interesting to other as well to see some info form Finland people about Nokia & Lumia Now.
    04-27-2013 02:16 PM
    I'm not from Finland but I understand there was a lot of anger before the windows phone devices were revealed, mostly because they thought that symbian devices would be discontinued by the end of the year. The CEO of Nokia, as always, made no comment on future plans. And to be honest I think Stephen Elop does a fine job protecting investment this way. After the announced of symbian support until 2016 plan everyone Nokia users started to cool down and the Lumia 800 sparked a huge interest in terms of speed and smoothness.
    04-29-2013 11:35 PM
    I'm not from Finland but I understand there was a lot of anger before the windows phone devices were revealed, mostly because they thought that symbian devices would be discontinued by the end of the year. The CEO of Nokia, as always, made no comment on future plans. And to be honest I think Stephen Elop does a fine job protecting investment this way. After the announced of symbian support until 2016 plan everyone Nokia users started to cool down and the Lumia 800 sparked a huge interest in terms of speed and smoothness.
    Cool thank for info. (hope other might pitch in )
    05-08-2013 08:31 PM
    Hello,

I'm from the country in question. There's a lot of people who think that android or iThing is best. Many think that Elop's done a lousy job and brought the company near extinction, even though the great mistakes were done before him. Nokia is still the biggest company in Finland and maybe the best known brand outside our small country. Closest ones maybe icehockey players and F1-drivers.

But anyhow, a lot of people still believe in Nokia. Check out the stats:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    (something strange about S40)
    05-10-2013 02:27 AM
    Personally i believe that WP was the right way and that Nokia should never go the android way. But when i first heard the news, i was mad about killing symbian and meego. Now i think that the killing was the right way, just done the wrong way. Elop has done a great job and the fruits will be seen later. WP rules!
    05-10-2013 02:45 AM
    But anyhow, a lot of people still believe in Nokia. Check out the stats:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    (something strange about S40)
    Neat site, but that S40 stuff IS weird... But if you ignore Feb on, WP is nearly completely replacing Symban. Meaning the people that HAD pride in the Finnish company still have it to the same degree.

My wife works for a Finnish lady. She has been in the states for 25+ years though (Moved over when she was ~25) . And I got to show her my Nokia about a month ago. She took great pride in all the little features, saying things like "See, the Finns are smart people" even though they were mostly MS items, haha. But I didn't want to go through all that explanation.

But, in the end, she has said she will not ever use anything other than iPhone simply because she doesn't feel the need / want to learn something new again and her iPhone works just fine.
    05-14-2013 04:35 PM