So my company is based out of the U.S so im not aware of how the wireless plans in the UK work. We want to order phones for our UK people. I know U.S carriers are expensive and so are the phones i.e. iphone, sgs4, htc one, etc.

Im looking through the vodafone website and it sounds their plans are really good, so i am wondering if i am looking at it correctly.

So i can get an iphone 5 16gb for free with no upfront cost if i enter into a 2 year contract at 35 pounds a month which includes unlimited texting/calling and 1gb of data. A lot of the new high end phones are like this, so am i looking at this right? What is the catch?

Reason i dont believe this is because in the U.S, im paying $200 for an iphone and the plan is much more expensive.

Help from you Uk folks appreciated.
    04-30-2013 06:45 PM
    I'm on Voda UK and that is correct. I got the HTC 8x free of charge for 23 per month for an 24month contract. Once the contract is finished the phone is yours.
    05-01-2013 10:05 AM
    I'm on Voda UK and that is correct. I got the HTC 8x free of charge for 23 per month for an 24month contract. Once the contract is finished the phone is yours.
    What if you want out of the contract? Is there a fee or do you give your phone back?
    05-01-2013 11:41 AM
    So if i buy an iphone and get it for free for entering into a 2 year contract of 35 pounds a month.

I just pay the 35 pounds per month, i dont pay anything for my phone correct?
    05-01-2013 12:21 PM
    What if you want out of the contract? Is there a fee or do you give your phone back?
    Hi, if you wanted out of your contract, you would have to pay the remainder of you 24 month contract in full, and you still get to keep your phone.

But, be warned Vodafones customer service is terrible, especially if something goes wrong. They try every excuse in the book, even as far as calling their customers liars. If you want good customer service then I suggest looking at O2 -- they owned by Telefonica
    05-01-2013 01:35 PM
    Hi, if you wanted out of your contract, you would have to pay the remainder of you 24 month contract in full, and you still get to keep your phone.

But, be warned Vodafones customer service is terrible, especially if something goes wrong. They try every excuse in the book, even as far as calling their customers liars. If you want good customer service then I suggest looking at O2 -- they owned by Telefonica
    Thanks, we are looking at O2 as well, but our guys out in the UK like vodafone. Trying to get an email for a business rep out there, been hard to get one.

Anyway, thanks for the information bout the cancellation fee. It is worth there than in america, america is $450 max and reduces everymonth by like $4 and our general monthly plans is around $80-$90 for smart phones. So if we had the same stucture, we would be paying 50% more in fees. I guess the trade off is that we typically pay for phones.
    05-01-2013 01:43 PM
    Thanks, we are looking at O2 as well, but our guys out in the UK like vodafone. Trying to get an email for a business rep out there, been hard to get one.

Anyway, thanks for the information bout the cancellation fee. It is worth there than in america, america is $450 max and reduces everymonth by like $4 and our general monthly plans is around $80-$90 for smart phones. So if we had the same stucture, we would be paying 50% more in fees. I guess the trade off is that we typically pay for phones.
    No worries mate, I hope you get sorted.
    05-01-2013 01:46 PM
    So if i buy an iphone and get it for free for entering into a 2 year contract of 35 pounds a month.

I just pay the 35 pounds per month, i dont pay anything for my phone correct?
    Look for 'sim free' phones on ebay you may end up getting it cheaper :)
    05-03-2013 05:51 AM