So there are a lot of rumors out there now that iOS 7 is going to have a very flat look and feel to it, and writers plus Apple insiders are saying it will be similar to the Metro/Modern UI that MS has been pushing for a few years now (yes there are other companies that have used it as well in the past). This leads to a lot of interesting situations

- First, if iOS does follow the Modern/Metro UI style then the tech community and Apple fans would have to acknowledge that MS may have been ahead of the game in terms of design concepts. Of course there would probably be some spin about how Apple perfected it.

- After all the bashing that Apple fanboys did about how Metro was boring they will have to eventually use it. It's already quite funny and entertaining to read comments on various sites by iSheep getting upset that their beloved company is taking leads from MS.

- Knowing that Google likes to do what everyone else is doing it won't be long before there is some new Android version that also is heavily into Metro style concepts.

I really think iOS 7 going the Metro route can help MS and WP in a weird way.
    robinleck likes this.
    05-01-2013 03:27 PM
    I think they will clear some of shadows (you know, every item has their shadow on ios). I don't think it will look like windows phone.
    05-01-2013 03:47 PM
    the UI will remain the same. except the OS is going to be flat.
    05-01-2013 03:53 PM
    The strange thing is that apple and android users on general tech forums often argued against Metro UI and design, who knows what they'll say if that really happens.. It will be funny for sure lol
    05-01-2013 03:53 PM
    the UI will remain the same. except the OS is going to be flat.
    They talked specifically about UI. Maybe just like farukdgn says it will be some minor change, like icon shape and effects.
    05-02-2013 12:50 AM
    It really won't look familiar to me. I won't even pick up an iPhone long enough to look at it. I see no reason to overpay for Apple products. They are well supported and actually fairly dependable, but they are not worth the price they ask unless you are utilizing their entire ecosystem- iTunes, Mac, so on so forth.

I don't. More power to Apple users though- BlackBerry and parts of Android have used ideas from MS's "ugly" UI (sarcasm), so why not Apple?
    05-02-2013 02:00 AM