Unfair and absolutely disgusting, sign if you agree

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The US is also one of the more diverse countries.
diverse? Russia is diverse enough to have actual republics within its borders. It is diverse enough to even have a Buddhist republic in Europe. 25% of births in UK r too foreign born mothers. Germany has more foreign born people as a percentage of its people than the US. The usa has severe structural and societal problems which give rise to its incredibly high incarceration rates. That is a massive problem. And ofc i haven't even mentioned the torture that takes place in some American prisons or the fact some people are imprisoned without trial. Foreign born people again mainly. It is sad.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
diverse? Russia is diverse enough to have actual republics within its borders. It is diverse enough to even have a Buddhist republic in Europe. 25% of births in UK r too foreign born mothers. Germany has more foreign born people as a percentage of its people than the US. The usa has severe structural and societal problems which give rise to its incredibly high incarceration rates. That is a massive problem. And ofc i haven't even mentioned the torture that takes place in some American prisons or the fact some people are imprisoned without trial. Foreign born people again mainly. It is sad.

Ya, except none of the ethnic groups in Russia mix. They stay separated for most parts. I'm talking you walk outside and ever other person is of a different ethnic group.

And idk where you guys are getting your information, you make America sound like some kind of barbaric place! lol

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have some white friends who live in Texas, Louisiana and Missouri (not exactly the south) who have all told me about how minorities get treated down their and it isn't exactly positive the way they describe it. They themselves admit how backwards some people in their parts of the country are.

And this thread has given me some more clues about how American society is :thumbsup:

But yeah America is a great place where people never get discriminated based on their race, culture, religion or financial status. USA USA USA!

It sounds like you have the wrong kind of friends.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Its such a shame that in this thread no one has mentioned that racial minorities are disportionately criminalised in the American legal system. America has over five million people in the criminal justice system, the majority are non white. These figures are far above any other nation in the world. America has a quarter of the worlds prisoners. End this madness please and treat your minorities like human beings.

First off, I don't know the exact numbers so I won't comment on exact numbers.

You have to think past the numbers in front of your face. There are many factors to any situation. For instance, let's say that half the population is white and half is black. Given that a higher percentage of the black population is poor (which is true), you would expect more blacks to be in jail than whites. Poor communities (no matter what the race) tend to have higher crime rates. Higher crime rates in a certain area means more police coverage in the given area. More police coverage means a higher percentage is caught.

Point is, situations are a lot more complicated than they appear.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
First off, I don't know the exact numbers so I won't comment on exact numbers.

You have to think past the numbers in front of your face. There are many factors to any situation. For instance, let's say that half the population is white and half is black. Given that a higher percentage of the black population is poor (which is true), you would expect more blacks to be in jail than whites. Poor communities (no matter what the race) tend to have higher crime rates. Higher crime rates in a certain area means more police coverage in the given area. More police coverage means a higher percentage is caught.

Point is, situations are a lot more complicated than they appear.

Some of your stuff is backwards, there is a higher percentage of poor Caucasians than blacks, as evidenced by more Caucasians with welfare, food stamps and other governmental assistance claims.

I agree with you though

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Some of your stuff is backwards, there is a higher percentage of poor Caucasians than blacks, as evidenced by more Caucasians with welfare, food stamps and other governmental assistance claims.

I agree with you though

No, a higher percentage of blacks are poor. There might be more whites on welfare but that would be because there are more white people overall. Not really important but

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just some numbers I got from Bing. Found this:

With regard to AFDC the figures are:

White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

The post is from 2007 so obviously things have shifted since then, but it should give you a rough edge to follow.

This is census 2010.
Total population308,745,538100.0
Hispanic or Latino50,477,59416.3
White196,817,552 63.7
Black37,685,84812.2
Asian14,465,1244.7

Last edited:

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess the author of the story in the OP got what she was after, which was a whole lot of conversation about everything but the fact that the girl fired off an explosive device in a school, using the pretense that it was an experiment, even though she likely knew what the result would be ahead of time.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess the author of the story in the OP got what she was after, which was a whole lot of conversation about everything but the fact that the girl fired off an explosive device in a school, using the pretense that it was an experiment, even though she likely knew what the result would be ahead of time.

I can't believe there are 188k people that think it is OK to set off explosives in a highschool as long as 1) "you have no idea how big it is going to explode" and 2) you do well in class.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Why are they categorizing it as an experiment gone wrong, when it sounds like it went exactly as it should have?

Smart or not, the girl showed incredibly poor judgment, and with all that is going on these days, should have known better than to do something so incredibly stupid on the grounds of a public school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire