Best streaming music service?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Free or Paid? Looking for playlists to be created for you or listen to the music of your choice?

I personally used Xbox Music for music.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Free or Paid? Looking for playlists to be created for you or listen to the music of your choice?

I personally used Xbox Music for music.

Hmmm, good questions. Personally, I like when playlists are created for me, vs. selecting songs myself. I like to just hit Play and then just go on with my work.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, good questions. Personally, I like when playlists are created for me, vs. selecting songs myself. I like to just hit Play and then just go on with my work.

You really can't go wrong with Pandora, esp. since their new app for WP comes with all of their paid benefits for free until Jan. 1.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What device do you have, and in which country do you reside?

Some services are only available for certain devices (Nokia Music only for Nokia) (Pandora only for US, New Zealand, Australian residents).

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I had to cancel Spotify. But I couldn't agree more with it. My problem with all other apps is that they are radio-like, so when I type in a band that they do NOT have (like Canada's Econoline Crush), they give me similar music... in which I just don't like at all. Had Pandora on the phone, and... yeah, too mainstream. Spotify even had fan-made videogame music and remixes, as well as SID tunes (as I love the C64). Get Spotify. $10/mo.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Me too. I hate to choose songs. I just want to hit play and relax.

Pandora is not available in my country else I would be using this. Spotify has it down with the radio feature but this feature is not a available on Windows Phone as yet. Hopefully it will be soon. It's not free but I don't mind paying for the premium subscription every month.

Not a fan of nokia music because you hear the same songs over and over. Sometimes in the same order.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go with Free Pandora and Nokia through the end of the year. Try some streaming radio like Slacker. Between them you'll find some good stuff.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
If you like playlists, try Mixtapes. It is a 3rd party app for the 8tracks music site. It is all fan-made playlists. Lots of good playlists on there.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you like playlists, try Mixtapes. It is a 3rd party app for the 8tracks music site. It is all fan-made playlists. Lots of good playlists on there.

not very experienced with 8tracks, it may be what I'm talking about here but I'm looking for something that I can create playlists for free and listen from both my laptop and phone. any suggestions? preferably more than 8 songs. I am an avid Spotify free user, so basically something like that paid version of that, but fo free :)

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Xbox Music Pass and Pandora. I love Pandora's artist playlists and their genre stations, especially Comedy. Xbox Music has improved with updates and I like streaming my music playlists through my home theater with Xbox 360 and through Surface and WP.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
i liked mog a lot until i realized they're in denial that there are platforms other than ios and android. currently, i use spotify because they're the next best in terms of music catalog to mog, have a web player and also have somewhat uncommon music that i haven't been able to find on either nokia music or xbox music.

spotify, however, needs to update their wp client because it's still buggy and pretty basic. it's a beta, but hasn't received an update since february.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon