06-22-2013 03:29 PM
203 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Everyone seems to forget the Pacers have missed their leading scorer for the last half decade, Granger. Imagine if Granger could have come back for the last 20 games or so of the season. We would have 19ppg player coming off the bench.

Every team suffers injuries. The best don't let those issues affect them.
    Granger is now second banana on that team to Paul George. No doubt Granger would be an asset, but missing him the entire season isn't the same as a teams second best player basically falling apart due to injuries in the playoffs. If the Pacers win I'll tip my hat to them, but to say the injuries to Wade haven't impacted the series is short sighted. How many of those shots at the rim he missed Saturday would he have made if healthy, plus the increased impact on defense he would make? A healthy Wade would be no guarantee of a series victory, but at this point the Heat are one star and the rest second tier players. I don't know if the Heat can beat the Spurs in current former even if LeBron gets them past the Pacers at this point.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:08 AM
    I'm still banking on the Spurs to win it all. Dat Tony Parker is a beast, lol! But man it would just make my day if the Pacers beat the Heat tonight. It's been soooo long since we've had some bragging rights. haha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2013 11:11 AM
    Granger is a volume shooter who needs the ball often to produce good numbers. If Granger was still playing I doubt we would have seen the emergence of Paul George as we have now. Also, Indy has been beating Miami on the inside with West and Hibbert so I don't think Granger would be that much of a difference. I think overall it's an addition by subtraction situation like how Memphis didn't seem to miss Rudy Gay too much after he was traded.

As for Miami, I think if guys like Allen and Battier don't play like total garbage then this series would have been over by now. I can't believe those two have missed so many open 3s this series. I also expect Bosh to play a little better tonight. Wade probably will still be bad.
    Laura Knotek and HeyCori like this.
    06-03-2013 11:40 AM
    Rooting for the pacers but not a pacers fan :P hibbert's been beasting through the series
    Laura Knotek and HeyCori like this.
    06-03-2013 11:50 AM
    So far this is a great game! The Heat are playing like they should and I think they'll pull it out tonight.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2013 08:13 PM
    Congratulations Indiana Pacers on a great season!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:20 PM
    I tip my hat to the entire Pacers organization. All except Roy Hibbert. That was a punk-*** move to run to the lockers while the rest of his teammates stayed and congratulated the Heat. I wish Frank Vogel was our coach that's for sure. Go Heat!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:24 PM
    My prediction is that Miami will beat San Antonio in 5 games. San Antonio is an old team, compared to Indiana. I don't think it will go 7 games.
    06-03-2013 11:44 PM
    I'm picking Miami in six. The Spurs present some unique challenges that will be tough for the Heat.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2013 02:57 PM
    Also think Miami in 6. Last year Miami seemed to turn their game up after they were tested in the Boston series and took OKC apart. I think the similar thing will happen this year. The key to winning will be keeping the ball out of Tony Parker's hands as much as possible.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2013 03:28 PM
    Miami in 4. Vengeance.
    06-04-2013 09:02 PM
    The play offs is really amazing every team did their best specially Indiana where they do a great performance however they are lost in game 7.
    06-05-2013 03:08 AM
    A pity they didn't ride on their form and instead didn't even show up at game 7..
    06-06-2013 08:22 AM
    Wow! This is definitely not anything like I originally predicted. I never expected a blowout tonight, and SA is playing much better than I ever thought they would.
    06-11-2013 10:35 PM
    San Antonio was awesome tonight. Made it rain from 3 and played great defense.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2013 11:05 PM
    Next game is a must win for Miami and they usually do well in those. I don't see SA shooting the way they did tonight for every game, and I don't expect Lebron to be as bad as he was tonight.

This is reminding me a lot of 2011 though and I have a bad feeling for Miami
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2013 11:30 PM
    I've seen this movie before. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like LeBron is laying down the foundation to have Spo fired. Superstars have that effect. I saw Shaq get Stan Van Gundy fired here in Miami and correct me if I'm wrong but LBJ got Mike Brown fired in Cleveland.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:14 PM
    I've seen this movie before. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like LeBron is laying down the foundation to have Spo fired. Superstars have that effect. I saw Shaq get Stan Van Gundy fired here in Miami and correct me if I'm wrong but LBJ got Mike Brown fired in Cleveland.
    I sure hope that's not the case. If I were LeBron, I'd rather have another ring than no ring and another coach.
    Duvi likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:16 PM
    I am rooting for the spurs, period.
    Joseph Kazan likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:31 PM
    This wouldn't make any sense for Lebron to do that.

Like Laura said, I'd rather a ring with a coach I dislike than no ring and a new coach.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2013 09:35 PM
    I don't think Spo knows how to use his players properly but I doubt Lebron would want to do that in the middle of the finals.

I think Wade is the biggest problem on that team at the moment. He is hurt and is making some terrible decisions with the ball. He also tends to have that attitude that he doesn't want to get overshadowed by Lebron.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2013 11:31 PM
    The Heat can't defend the perimeter very well. They lack size, so they tend to pack the inside.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-13-2013 01:01 AM
    I don't think LeBron is trying to get the coach fired. The Spurs have a great defensive plan and appear to have gotten in LeBron's head. As far as Spoelstra he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Wade is a long way from 100 percent and that combined with LeBron playing so poorly is making it nearly impossible for the Heat to win. In my opinion if LeBron doesn't play at the level he played on game 7 against the Pacers Miami has no chance. Regardless of the results of this series I look for there to be some changes in Miami. Wade has proven he can't stay healthy in the playoffs and teams with size like the Pacers and Spurs are very difficult for the Heat to beat, so I think they will try to move toward a more conventional lineup.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-13-2013 04:47 AM
    There's a reason it's tough to win multiple titles.

When you build a championship team, other teams respond by building a team that takes advantage of your weaknesses.

The Heat may still win this series. But they're in for a dog fight if they want to make that happen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-13-2013 08:38 AM
    Well Wade showed up tonight. Now the question will be which Wade will we see next time?
    06-13-2013 10:44 PM
203 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD